• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Redstar45

Redstar45

....I'm lost here. What do sales have to do with pointing out Kahili is developed there?
Not much just annoying that a freaking Mobile games did great job at flesh all game counterparts better than main core games

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The correct answer is "none."
just annoying that a freaking Mobile games did great job at flesh all game counterparts better than main core games
Sounds like an irrational personal thought.

Also, the spin-off mainly focuses on generations between I and VII; something the main core games will never focus much because they're busy developing the new generations.

Redstar45

Yea Pokémon masters adding lore doesn't excuse the fact how piss poor her character was in the games
it is why it is not Manga/Anime or Mobile 's job to used her character it is Main games.....i wish sm had few year to building the game not 3 years bs

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
I mean just because she's an E4 does nothing for me. She was easy to beat, she came out of nowhere and had no plot. She was inconsequential as elite 4 members usually are, which is why I'm glad galar got rid of them. Atleast the anime gave her some personality

The anime's version of Kahili was definitely more interesting than her game counterpart, although I still think that the anime could've done more with her. I think the anime should've set up an official Four Heavenly Kings in Alola with Kukui-hakase taking Satoshi's place as the de facto Champion while Satoshi is away.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kahili was fine in the games. You learn enough about her through dialogue than a lot of characters give. Obviously more is welcomed but I don’t think she’s bad. The anime more so helped with giving Toucannon a personality more than anything else.
Eh. I prefer the game counterpart.

It's stated her Toucannon puts up with her nonsensical workaholic nature by scolding her when she takes her 6-hour club swing training from hell (followed by battling 20 trainers). Kahili trains too damn much that her disregard for her own health has made herself stick her head inside her toucan's beak by accident while she sleeps from exhaustion. (Though it's cute she actually does cuddle up to the beak to sleep on.)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Eh. I prefer the game counterpart.

It's stated her Toucannon puts up with her nonsensical workaholic nature by scolding her when she takes her 6-hour club swing training from hell (followed by battling 20 trainers). Kahili trains too damn much that her disregard for her own health has made herself stick her head inside her toucan's beak by accident while she sleeps from exhaustion. (Though it's cute she actually does cuddle up to the beak to sleep on.)
Is this from Masters or SM/USUM? I do like her in game adaptation as well and like this characterization between her and Toucannon

Redstar45

I wouldn't consider Masters as it is Canon to the gameverse

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
More like you don't like it because, in your own words:
it is freak gotch mobile app games
The only things not canon about it are whenever they use the previous playable protagonists (except Red and Blue), since they are simply highly customizable across all media. But seeing as Masters is a truly official game that accurately depicts all characters with big names, their interpretations of the playable protagonists are, by default, the only official depictions we have (whereas the anime makes a mess of things almost everywhere it goes).

Manga interpretations aren't the official interpretations due to using way too many liberties when depicting...like every character that exists, really.

Last edited:

Redstar45

(whereas the anime makes a mess of things almost everywhere it goes).

Manga interpretations aren't the official interpretations due to using way too many liberties when depicting...like every character that exists, really.
It is not meant to be Canon to the games anyway and sometimes that is good things ? And this coming from a guy wish Satoshi beat rocket gangs and win Kantou league from starts
And Red and Blue (f) /Green(M) have different starters from core games as masters show them own Lizardon (Red) Kamex (Green) and Fushigibana (Blue)
And let's go show them own Fushigibana (Red) Lizardon (Green) and Kamex (Blue).....so yeah and i hate let's go too as i hate Pokemon go mobile app games.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Redstar45 said:

It's not a core game, so I don't consider it to be canon, either. I don't think I've ever heard anyone apply its mechanics and lore to the main anime before today either, except when some viewers were trying to justify Corni's return by saying that it was a tie-in with that game, which could be true I suppose in an abstract and indirect kind of way, although it didn't feel like a big deal to me since she only returned briefly.

Redstar45

If that's true, why does Goh work on Pokemon GO logic.
It is most popular mobile game and tpc force anime teams to add it in the new series with Pokemon Let's Go is highly popular in switch as well

Status
Not open for further replies.