• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an ORAS arc Delta Episode thing in XY

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I think is a problem with the anime creating so many COTD (even if Pikala technically is not a COTD) only for the purpose of showcasing things that could be showcased by other secondary or even main characters.
But that would require giving characters agency of their own and there aren't enough hysterical laughter gifs in the world to give that the respect it deserves

Sham

The Guardian of War
Explored more of Dawn’s and Kenny’s relationship. I might have to rewatch DP but Dawn didn’t really show much interest in him but in one of the last episodes she called him cute and the episode just ended lol. In a way I’m kinda glad they weren’t a huge focus because both Drew himself and Drew x May made me ill but he definitely should of been a bigger rival.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Explored more of Dawn’s and Kenny’s relationship. I might have to rewatch DP but Dawn didn’t really show much interest in him but in one of the last episodes she called him cute and the episode just ended lol. In a way I’m kinda glad they weren’t a huge focus because both Drew himself and Drew x May made me ill but he definitely should of been a bigger rival.
Kenny X Dawn sucks af. The only people I've seen shipping them are ironically amourshippers and I won't be surprised if they did it so 'shes out of the picture with Ash' even though she and him never has anything romantic lol

TheCrazyMaster

After watching a video from Lumiose Trainer Zac, I'm now convinced that the Battle Frontier Arc should've taken place on the Sevii Islands, as it's such a major location in the games and it would've promoted both Firered/Leafgreen as well as Emerald. It would've also justified the appearance of gen 3 Pokemon in the Battle Frontier saga, plus legendaries like Deoxys and Ho oh who appeared during this arc are associated with the Sevii islands. The Isles are also associated with ancient ruins, which also appeared during the Pokelantis episode (also, wouldn't a place called Pokelantis make far more sense for an archepelago?). Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that Scott was searching for strong trainers in the Sevii Isles before meeting Ash, and he looks like he'd be far better suited to ride a large motorboat rather than driving around Kanto. I could easily have seen him being Ash & co's chauffeur across the isles. Would have also explained why he always convieniently appeared for battles to.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
After watching a video from Lumiose Trainer Zac, I'm now convinced that the Battle Frontier Arc should've taken place on the Sevii Islands, as it's such a major location in the games and it would've promoted both Firered/Leafgreen as well as Emerald. It would've also justified the appearance of gen 3 Pokemon in the Battle Frontier saga, plus legendaries like Deoxys and Ho oh who appeared during this arc are associated with the Sevii islands. The Isles are also associated with ancient ruins, which also appeared during the Pokelantis episode (also, wouldn't a place called Pokelantis make far more sense for an archepelago?). Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that Scott was searching for strong trainers in the Sevii Isles before meeting Ash, and he looks like he'd be far better suited to ride a large motorboat rather than driving around Kanto. I could easily have seen him being Ash & co's chauffeur across the isles. Would have also explained why he always convieniently appeared for battles to.
I'm so mad this never happened it made so much sense. Esp as how BF had zero continuity in regards to Kanto and Misty could have just came to the sevii islands too coz well, it's an archipelago she can find water types there

RafaSceptile

I know what vídeo you are talking about, we also missed a Sinnoh Battle Frontier arc

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Inkay NOT being inducted into the Team Rocket motto like James' previous baby mon, the gag was perfect (especially since his pun was even preserved in English unlike Wobbuffet).

Adding to that, I feel like maybe they should have just let James keep a mascot by now, especially since it's almost a done thing for nearly every main character in the newer series. I doubt it will hinder spotlight management anyway, since TR almost never have more than one capture per piece now.
Will forever be mad about Mime Jr. being dropped and not returning with Wobbuffet at the end of BW. We could’ve had it and Mimey interact in Journeys too.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I know what vídeo you are talking about, we also missed a Sinnoh Battle Frontier arc
Back in 2010, people only theorized the Sinnoh BF because of how late in the year BW was announced. It's the latest new generation announcement ever, being announced in April and starting only 5 months later in September. Once January and February passed with no announcement, people pretty much assumed Gen V would not start until 2011, and there had to be an arc after the Sinnoh League. Some people theorized Champions League, some people theorized Battle Frontier, but I remember the theorizing, most of it was because people were so certain that a new generation was not coming in 2010.

Just for reference: here are the dates of Gen II to Gen VIII, in terms of when they were announced vs. when they came out. This gives you a good idea of how ridiculously late in the year BW were announced. Especially once the 3DS was announced in March 2010, people became certain that the next generation would be on the 3DS, and were absolutely STUNNED in April when BW were announced for the DS, coming out only 5 months later.

Gen II
announced: November 21, 1997
came out November 21, 1999

Gen III
announced: March 7, 2001
came out November 21, 2002

Gen IV
announced: October 7, 2004
came out September 28, 2006

Gen V
announced: April 9, 2010
came out September 18, 2010

Gen VI
announced: January 8, 2013
came out October 12, 2013

Gen VII
announced: February 27, 2016
came out November 18, 2016

Gen VIII
announced: February 27, 2019
came out November 15, 2019

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not allowing Chloe to be apart of the main group. The recent Journeys trailer was trying so hard to make it look like the Journey’s duo is really a trio but Chloe is barely traveling with them. A whole mess.
Gotta give props to them though, they really make the trailers so well it makes the batch of episodes look more interesting then they are

Lucariomen

Many users talked about the enigmatic GS Ball, including the reply above me. I agree that is indeed infuriating that the GS Ball was gave so much importance, only to be taken away from the anime for Arceus-knows-where without any reasonable reason (alliterative redundance at its best)!

"But, Luca! The objective of the GS Ball was to introduce Celebi, which a movie already accomplished it!"

There. Missed opportunity to canonize a movie PLUS a more in-depth analysis of Celebi and possibly many time misadventures and Oak's past, and let's not ignore a possibility to canonize "The Kanto War" (not so kid-friendly, but possible) and even whatever happened to Ash's dad. Kinda sad 20 years passed from the Johto Journeys Arc and we still have very minimum information about him. To be fair, I don't know why GameFreak has a if-it-appeared-in-a-movie-it-can't-appear-on-the-same-anime-arc policy.

Back to the GS Ball topic, this simple item could open so many possibilities, create many theories, but GameFreak instead made the bad decision of not taking advantage of the Mythical Pokémon that can travel through time! But then again, everybody makes mistakes every now and then, and GameFreak was on its early days, so it makes the GS Ball situation a tad less annoying.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Many users talked about the enigmatic GS Ball, including the reply above me. I agree that is indeed infuriating that the GS Ball was gave so much importance, only to be taken away from the anime for Arceus-knows-where without any reasonable reason.

"But, Luca! The objective of the GS Ball was to introduce Celebi, which the movie already accomplished!"

There. Missed opportunity to canonize a movie PLUS a more in-depth analysis of Celebi and possibly many time misadventures and Oak's past, and let's not ignore a possibility to canonize "The Kanto War" (not so kid-friendly, but possible) and even whatever happened to Ash's dad. Kinda sad 20 years passed from the Johto Journeys Arc and we still have very minimum information about him.
They don't canonize movies because there's a chance not everyone has seen them due to them simply costing money to view. Everyone watching the show is presumed to have watched every episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.