• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly, Wally would be the biggest missed opportunity of the anime because I have a bias towards the guy. The boy has a more protagonist-type backstory than the actual protagonist of this anime.

While we’re on the topic of characters missing from the anime, why not Benga? His characterization is rather flat in the game, but he did become head of essentially Unova’s Battle Frontier equivalent not called the Battle Subway.

He would be either an interesting rival for Ash, perhaps an even more interesting foil for Ash than Cameron who is the cesspool of Ash’s worst traits. Plus, putting him in the position of rival could lead to some interesting anime-exclusive characterization choices like trying to usurp Alder’s title. It certainly beats having Trip.

RafaSceptile

>Makes a controversial statement attacking a certain community
>it's just my opinion! I was only half-serious!
Classic twitter behaviour. Friendly advice kiddo, don't insinuate shipping wars, even as a joke.
You are LITERALLY the only one taking that statement seriously, so I'm concerned about who is the one trying to start a "shipping war".

He was a rookie when the PC first meets him.

The player character helps him catch a Pokemon.

"Ah! <player>! Ralts and I have gotten a lot stronger since we first met. Growing together! I want to prove that to you and my uncle both, <player>."

"Yes, sir! I will do my best to become as strong as <player>, sir!"

"Ah! <player>! I bet you must be surprised to see me in a place like this! That promise that we made back then… Thank you for keeping your end of it. It was really all thanks to you that I could make it this far, <player>. It was only because I lost to you back then that I could become even stronger. I'm sure that you and your Pokémon must have had to overcome a lot, too… To make it all the way here. Right, <player>? Everyone's grown so much… And now we'll get to see just what we all can do. Standing here facing you again gives me chills… …But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore. My Pokémon have given me the courage and strength to fight. I have to win for their sake! So get ready… Here I come!"
Honestly Even in the games Wally was a bit shafted, we only have two battles against him...one is the Ralts battle and we don't see him again until the very end of the Victory Road...out of nowhere with most likely your team in not great condition.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
>Makes a controversial statement attacking a certain community
>it's just my opinion! I was only half-serious!
Classic twitter behaviour. Friendly advice kiddo, don't insinuate shipping wars, even as a joke.
Oh shut up, taking it as a controversial statement is dumb as hell, esp if you see what I said. You're the only one getting riled up on friendly discourse, again, go touch some grass

Morax

King of heroes
You are LITERALLY the only one taking that statement seriously, so I'm concerned about who is the one trying to start a "shipping war".

Honestly Even in the games Wally was a bit shafted, we only have two battles against him...one is the Ralts battle and we don't see him again until the very end of the Victory Road...out of nowhere with most likely your team in not great condition.
Oh shut up, taking it as a controversial statement is dumb as hell, esp if you see what I said. You're the only one getting riled up on friendly discourse, again, go touch some grass
And there goes the circlejerk pretending it was all a joke. Seen it all, done it all. Man these threads are cancer...

Cyndaquil not evolving during Johto

Leonhart

Imagineer
He would be either an interesting rival for Ash, perhaps an even more interesting foil for Ash than Cameron who is the cesspool of Ash’s worst traits. Plus, putting him in the position of rival could lead to some interesting anime-exclusive characterization choices like trying to usurp Alder’s title. It certainly beats having Trip.
Considering that B2/W2 were released about halfway through the BW saga, there wouldn't have been much time for Banjiro to serve as Satoshi's rival. I would've preferred him showing up instead of Kotetsu being created just to beat Satoshi, though.

The irony of you saying "oh the irony" is even bigger. Now can you stop to ONLY appear trying to provoke other people? I don't want this thread with more than a year of history to be locked. Thanks.
This post has more layers to to it then that of the Earth, and not in a good way.

So you decided to appear in this thread after more than Half a year with the solely purpose to try triggering people? Sorry but that is even worse
Again, the irony has no bounds given even the " triggering " in this thread and all across PAD. Though, I'm not really interested in relitigating issues with people of your ilk. I guess if you want to get mad you can take the other user's advice and leave?

RafaSceptile

Buddy, you literally randomly brought up Amourshippers. Please go back to virtue signaling on your profile and everyone else in your circlejerk.

You are LITERALLY the only one (along with Morax) taking that statement seriously, so I'm concerned about who is the one trying to start a "shipping war".
Other people are just ignoring anything instead of trying to trigger someone and not even talking about what is supposed to be discussed here for the last half a year.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Buddy, you literally randomly brought up Amourshippers. Please go back to virtue signaling on your profile and everyone else in your circlejerk.
Yep, a harmless comment based on my own observations in a half serious manner that no one minded and we were having a healthy discourse until one user took it personally for some reason, and then you joining in to shade me coz you still hold grudges I guess? Thanks for checking out my profile tho, appreciate it

Yep, a harmless comment based on my own observations in a half serious manner that no one minded and we were having a healthy discourse until one user took it personally for some reason, and then you joining in to shade me coz you still hold grudges I guess? Thanks for checking out my profile tho, appreciate it
Ah yes, so your bait or " triggering " to provoke people is just harmless and " half-serious " and me just mocking the irony of one of your posts is wrong. As I said, the layers of are quite deep.

RafaSceptile

Ah yes, so your bait or " triggering " to provoke people is just harmless and " half-serious " and me just mocking the irony of one of your posts is wrong. As I said, the layers of are quite deep.
The fact that everyone was ignoring it shows that it is not an actual "bait", everything was completely fine here until people started with personal attacks, and again, at least other people outside of you were discussing what is it supposed to be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.