• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaSceptile

Man, as I said, why did you even respond?
I LITERALLY mentioned my reasons in the exact same comment, again, if you ignore it, your problem. But of course, you continued with the discussion regardless of people asking you to stop it...more than once.
The irony of you saying "oh the irony" is even bigger. Now can you stop to ONLY appear trying to provoke other people? I don't want this thread with more than a year of history to be locked. Thanks.

I LITERALLY mentioned my reasons in the exact same comment, again, if you ignore it, your problem. But of course, you continued with the discussion regardless of people asking you to stop it...more than once.
Are just being willfully ignorant or what? That last trainwreck of a thread didn't get locked, my one half-serious, harmless fun comment wasn't going to get this thread locked. I thought you said not respond to what you consider to be bait? The thread could have continued easily if you had followed what you just told me.

Didn't I even literally tell you in the past to stop responding to me?

So you admit that your own post was bait. That makes this whole discussion a lot worse.
See
I guess me mocking bait does also qualify as bait in a way with twisted logic.
Please stop responding to me. I asked you to do it once and I'm asking again. Again, my post was harmless fun and half-serious! Literally no need for you to respond.

You complain about derailment of threads, but then(just following your logic here), respond to perceived bait when you know I'm going to respond since that " ask " was a hilarious example of burying the lede.

RafaSceptile

my post was harmless fun and half-serious!
Your post was already targetted to a user that already expressed his opinion about it, which proves that it is not the case.

You complain about derailment of threads, but then(just following your logic here), respond to perceived bait when you know I'm going to respond since that " ask " was a hilarious example of burying the lede.
I'm not you to know if you are going to respond something or not.

Last edited:
Your post was already targetted to a user that already expressed his oinion about it, which proves that it is not the case.

I'm not you to know if you are going to respond something or not.
Please stop responding to me. I don't even know what you're saying anymore.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Considering that B2/W2 were released about halfway through the BW saga, there wouldn't have been much time for Banjiro to serve as Satoshi's rival. I would've preferred him showing up instead of Kotetsu being created just to beat Satoshi, though.
Certainly does beat Cameron. I hate pulling the relative card, but that certainly beats having the deal with Cameron who is a cesspool of Ash's worst traits forced into a humanoid shape.

Luthor

Personally I always wanted Ash to have both an Electrium-Z and a Pikashunium Z rather than have an Electrium-Z become a Pikashunium Z. Gigavolt havoc could have been an option so we saw Ash's Meltan using Z-moves (I don't recall it ever using one)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Personally I always wanted Ash to have both an Electrium-Z and a Pikashunium Z rather than have an Electrium-Z become a Pikashunium Z. Gigavolt havoc could have been an option so we saw Ash's Meltan using Z-moves (I don't recall it ever using one)
I think they were trying to keep it realistic to the games where Meltan or Melmetal can’t use Z Moves at all since you can’t use them in any Alola game. Just a hunch but surely they would’ve used the Steelium Z he got from Hapu for his Steel Type. It would’ve been cool to see though.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I hate to say it but swaying away from the the old formula. And I’m mostly talking about the inclusion of creating a bunch of anime exclusive stuff instead of basing it off of already established things. So this includes anime goal creations like the the world tournament and Showcases. Showcases according to some people are more “realistic Contests” or what they should of been but with the ideas of involving the trainer in the performances, being a gender exclusive goal, having an entire round not relating to the trainers Pokémon and having to defeat a monarch to steal their title; I’m not sure how anybody can come to this conclusion. It’s an anime creation. Contests mostly just added the battle aspect around it but besides that was a closer adaption to the game Contests than Showcases. Ash’s current goal is trash and incredibly boring. Most of his battles feel extremely contrived and as much as I liked old characters appearing again like Iris and Volkner why even bring them back if Ash is just going to win the most contrived ways? It seems like part of their appearances is for nostalgia and the other is to make Ash look good. Not to mention they’re skipping ranked battles and we are almost in our third year and we barely have any information on who’s in the Master rankings. Like I’m not understanding why couldn’t they just allow them to do Contests/Gym battles. Ash’s and Serena’s goal sound great on paper and fresh but the anime always half a** stuff since DP ended that it’s hard to even get excited about it. This goes along with the “home base” aspect they’ve been throwing at us since XY ended. Sure the school thing sounded great on paper but why are we stuck on Melemele Island? How long did it take to show Malie City fully? And don’t even get me started on the terrible world building of Journeys

Tldr: please bring the old formula back. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Especially when you aren’t dedicated fully to the project.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I hate to say it but swaying away from the the old formula. And I’m mostly talking about the inclusion of creating a bunch of anime exclusive stuff instead of basing it off of already established things. So this includes anime goal creations like the the world tournament and Showcases. Showcases according to some people are more “realistic Contests” or what they should of been but with the ideas of involving the trainer in the performances, being a gender exclusive goal, having an entire round not relating to the trainers Pokémon and having to defeat a monarch to steal their title; I’m not sure how anybody can come to this conclusion. It’s an anime creation. Contests mostly just added the battle aspect around it but besides that was a closer adaption to the game Contests than Showcases. Ash’s current goal is trash and incredibly boring. Most of his battles feel extremely contrived and as much as I liked old characters appearing again like Iris and Volkner why even bring them back if Ash is just going to win the most contrived ways? It seems like part of their appearances is for nostalgia and the other is to make Ash look good. Not to mention they’re skipping ranked battles and we are almost in our third year and we barely have any information on who’s in the Master rankings. Like I’m not understanding why couldn’t they just allow them to do Contests/Gym battles. Ash’s and Serena’s goal sound great on paper and fresh but the anime always half a** stuff since DP ended that it’s hard to even get excited about it. This goes along with the “home base” aspect they’ve been throwing at us since XY ended. Sure the school thing sounded great on paper but why are we stuck on Melemele Island? How long did it take to show Malie City fully? And don’t even get me started on the terrible world building of Journeys

Tldr: please bring the old formula back. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Especially when you aren’t dedicated fully to the project.
Bring the old formula back...if they change the episode format from weekly to 25 episodes a year with no standard cotd/potd/Team Rocket episodes being used as padding in between gyms or whatever.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the PWC is kinda part of the game. It's the actual World Championship tournament we have in real life. If I recall, for SwSh, those are using ranked battles so people can qualify for the main tournament. The only difference is that rather than playing a videogame, the characters are really using pokémon

Showcases are closer to the game contests because it's more focused on showing off the moves for appealing/endearing the audience and mixed it with elements of the idol industry (and at the time, there were anime using this theme. Even Digimon used it on Appmon)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think the PWC is kinda part of the game.
Nope.

You need badges to enter the league and fight the head honcho. You cannot lose those badges, whereas the PWC you can lose the right to fight the big ones (ha ha like this will EVER happen to Ash).

PWC is a wild free-for-all with the head honcho picking fights against opponents in the same class as him before whenever the plot decides that it's time to close the tourney and reopen when the main character isn't looking.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I miss the-old formula. The home base formula is not good for me. It doesnt have the same sese of advantures and explorations we have in the games.
Also, I miss the artstyle from os to xy, imo the current artstyle is very fugly.
Also, making proff Kuku a main character in SM. Its bad enough to see this man in one episode, but in every episode? Ew
Lastly, I want Ash to use reserves in the pwc

The only thing that gives me headaches is how Ash travels from region to region each Episode like it's completely normal, I feel like the regions feel smaller.

In fact, I understand that people do not like Showcases, but I like them more than contests, so I would have no problem if they come back

Showcases are closer to the game contests because it's more focused on showing off the moves for appealing/endearing the audience and mixed it with elements of the idol industry (and at the time, there were anime using this theme. Even Digimon used it on Appmon)
Yep, what memories of appli monsters...also in Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains there was an Idol. hey u like showcases? I always wanted to see more of those

Status
Not open for further replies.