• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you are mad at that the anime didn’t do/take advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hate to say it but swaying away from the the old formula. And I’m mostly talking about the inclusion of creating a bunch of anime exclusive stuff instead of basing it off of already established things. So this includes anime goal creations like the the world tournament and Showcases. Showcases according to some people are more “realistic Contests” or what they should of been but with the ideas of involving the trainer in the performances, being a gender exclusive goal, having an entire round not relating to the trainers Pokémon and having to defeat a monarch to steal their title; I’m not sure how anybody can come to this conclusion. It’s an anime creation. Contests mostly just added the battle aspect around it but besides that was a closer adaption to the game Contests than Showcases. Ash’s current goal is trash and incredibly boring. Most of his battles feel extremely contrived and as much as I liked old characters appearing again like Iris and Volkner why even bring them back if Ash is just going to win the most contrived ways? It seems like part of their appearances is for nostalgia and the other is to make Ash look good. Not to mention they’re skipping ranked battles and we are almost in our third year and we barely have any information on who’s in the Master rankings. Like I’m not understanding why couldn’t they just allow them to do Contests/Gym battles. Ash’s and Serena’s goal sound great on paper and fresh but the anime always half a** stuff since DP ended that it’s hard to even get excited about it. This goes along with the “home base” aspect they’ve been throwing at us since XY ended. Sure the school thing sounded great on paper but why are we stuck on Melemele Island? How long did it take to show Malie City fully? And don’t even get me started on the terrible world building of Journeys

Tldr: please bring the old formula back. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Especially when you aren’t dedicated fully to the project.
I agree. While I’m ok with the anime taking its own spin on things and even encourage it in some aspects, I’m not really a fan of how much they’re skipping out with this current saga. Ash’s goal is so boring as it lacks the sense of progression for him and his current team like the previous Gym challenges went. Honestly I’m only tuning in to see him battle returning characters and if they’ll finally give a Galar character screentime. I’ll give them props for trying something new as the old formula is a bit stale admittedly but I don’t like this format. I hope we get something besides this come Gen 9.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that the Porygon line deserve a second chance in the anime because the seizure incident was purely an accident and no one really knew about epilepsy or what could trigger its symptoms back in the 90s. I didn’t even know it was a thing until that episode made the news. It wasn’t Porygon’s fault that there were dangerous light patterns being used.

NeedsAName

I think that the Porygon line deserve a second chance in the anime because the seizure incident was purely an accident and no one really knew about epilepsy or what could trigger its symptoms back in the 90s. I didn’t even know it was a thing until that episode made the news. It wasn’t Porygon’s fault that there were dangerous light patterns being used.
And it was Pikachu...

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've read this before in this very topic I believe, and while I agree that Porygon itself didn't deserve the blame, the incident clearly brought a lot of shame to the animators, and it's something that they clearly do not want people to remember. Having Porygon appear again in a prominent role would simply reopen old wounds.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think the animé really dropped the ball on Goh's goal. I know a lot of people don't like it and with how it's handled, I don't blame them, and I'm one of them, but there actually is a way it could have been made better and even been a good goal, maybe even the best so far. It could have been part of a much larger goal, especially since Mew is said to contain the DNA of all Pokémon. Maybe have Professor Cerise be curious as to how this is the case, especially when there are significantly stronger Pokémon, such as the "box legends", Arceus, and Mewtwo. We could have Cerise hypothesize that Pokémon may, in fact, be a manmade creation with Mew being the origin of all Pokémon. You could have Goh also be interested in this and maybe even have the same hypothesis and have this be the reason why he's on his quest. He wants to help determine if Pokémon are, indeed, a manmade creation.

Of course, to test the hypothesis, Cerise will need as many Pokémon as possible from different species, and would probably prefer to have numerous members of the same species. Hence where Goh comes in and his goal for getting every Pokémon and Mew. Maybe not save Mew for last but have him consider getting Mew last since he would need a lot of strong Pokémon in order to capture the elusive cat-like Pokémon. As for Professor Cerise, once he gets the Pokémon could scan their DNA and do tests on the DNA to see just how similar to Mew they are and, if they are, indeed, engineered, what animals or other things they originally came from. The possibilities would be endless and would give real purpose to Goh's goal. It could open a whole new direction for the story, as well as introduce villains who do not want that question answered at all.

Said villains could even have members of the Pokémon League be a part of them and maybe to make the matter more gray, have it be that their fear is that if Pokémon are, indeed, discovered to be manmade creations, then organizations like Team Rocket will get more power and influence since more trainers may view Pokémon as inferior and not deserving of the rights that they currently have. I could also see Pokémon Poachers taking advantage of the situation as well. Others might not like the implications as well since if one group of scientists managed to create Pokémon, likely from the DNA of Mew, what's to stop another group from doing so?

There are many directions where even just decent writers could go with this, and it would still allow the series to advertise and display a large number of Pokémon. If anything, advertising a large number of Pokémon would be a requirement for such a goal so it would fulfill a requirement for the animé as well and have doing so be natural.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think the animé really dropped the ball on Goh's goal. I know a lot of people don't like it and with how it's handled, I don't blame them, and I'm one of them, but there actually is a way it could have been made better and even been a good goal, maybe even the best so far. It could have been part of a much larger goal, especially since Mew is said to contain the DNA of all Pokémon. Maybe have Professor Cerise be curious as to how this is the case, especially when there are significantly stronger Pokémon, such as the "box legends", Arceus, and Mewtwo. We could have Cerise hypothesize that Pokémon may, in fact, be a manmade creation with Mew being the origin of all Pokémon. You could have Goh also be interested in this and maybe even have the same hypothesis and have this be the reason why he's on his quest. He wants to help determine if Pokémon are, indeed, a manmade creation.

Of course, to test the hypothesis, Cerise will need as many Pokémon as possible from different species, and would probably prefer to have numerous members of the same species. Hence where Goh comes in and his goal for getting every Pokémon and Mew. Maybe not save Mew for last but have him consider getting Mew last since he would need a lot of strong Pokémon in order to capture the elusive cat-like Pokémon. As for Professor Cerise, once he gets the Pokémon could scan their DNA and do tests on the DNA to see just how similar to Mew they are and, if they are, indeed, engineered, what animals or other things they originally came from. The possibilities would be endless and would give real purpose to Goh's goal. It could open a whole new direction for the story, as well as introduce villains who do not want that question answered at all.

Said villains could even have members of the Pokémon League be a part of them and maybe to make the matter more gray, have it be that their fear is that if Pokémon are, indeed, discovered to be manmade creations, then organizations like Team Rocket will get more power and influence since more trainers may view Pokémon as inferior and not deserving of the rights that they currently have. I could also see Pokémon Poachers taking advantage of the situation as well. Others might not like the implications as well since if one group of scientists managed to create Pokémon, likely from the DNA of Mew, what's to stop another group from doing so?

There are many directions where even just decent writers could go with this, and it would still allow the series to advertise and display a large number of Pokémon. If anything, advertising a large number of Pokémon would be a requirement for such a goal so it would fulfill a requirement for the animé as well and have doing so be natural.
Nice ideas. Way better than the big ew we have now

100% Agree!

Goh's goal should been fleshed out and Further Elaborated by the writers but unfortunately, the Writers are too incompetent to do it but anyways WHY IS THIS NOT A THING?!

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Honestly the bigger question is why incorporate Pokémon Go into the series at all? I’m not sure when it came out but I definitely remember being in high school when it did. Why promote a game that’s years old at this point and throw the current generation to the curb? If anything Goh could of just been a character of the day or had a multiple arc like Korrina but basing an entire character on a mobile game and making him the protagonist seems like a mistake. They already suck with goal executions that aren’t Contests or Gyms as it is so why

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Honestly the bigger question is why incorporate Pokémon Go into the series at all? I’m not sure when it came out but I definitely remember being in high school when it did. Why promote a game that’s years old at this point and throw the current generation to the curb? If anything Goh could of just been a character of the day or had a multiple arc like Korrina but basing an entire character on a mobile game and making him the protagonist seems like a mistake. They already suck with goal executions that aren’t Contests or Gyms as it is so why
This.

The only thing I can think of is that less people have been playing Go as of late than when it first came out in 2016. So by adding Goh’s character and goal into the show, the writers are trying to revive Pokémon Go and getting more people to play it.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I've read this before in this very topic I believe, and while I agree that Porygon itself didn't deserve the blame, the incident clearly brought a lot of shame to the animators, and it's something that they clearly do not want people to remember. Having Porygon appear again in a prominent role would simply reopen old wounds.
Yeah, I think that cutting porygon out is just an important gesture by Pokemon to say that they admit to and regret their mistake.
Bringing porygon back to the anime would just say that pokemon has stopped caring about the seizures.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I don’t think that the anime has really taken advantage of mini-arcs in Journeys. Every week, it seems like the characters are off to explore a different region (when they’re not staying in Vermillion City). But they only spend one episode in that region before returning home. Journeys gives the show the freedom to tell more expansive stories in all of the regions to help celebrate Pokemon’s 25th anniversary.

In Journeys, The Darkest Day arc was the only arc that was more than 2 straight episodes. This shouldn’t have been the only mini-arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.