• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you disliked about X and Y?

Raikou_fan

-Painfully low difficulty. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the story, but even without the exp share there was no challenge to anything.

-Annoying friends/rivals.

-Customization for male characters is pathetic. 4 ugly haircuts and the bare minimum of clothing choices, while female characters have lots of different options.

-I can't take my hat off.

SKyLineR32

Master Weasel
One major thing I realized is that X and Y doesn't feel "new" enough to me. Maybe I'm starting to grow out of Pokemon games, but I sometimes feel X and Y is just another Pokemon game but in 3D. Don't get me wrong. That's not a bad thing in itself. The traditional Pokemon formula is good, but I would just like to see the series continue to take more risks. X and Y did to a degree with the Fairy-type and Mega Evos, but I don't think it was enough. IMO, Gen. 5 is still the most refreshing the series has ever been.

Grei

not the color
Oh, and seasons--after Unova featured seasonal changes, it was really strange that Kalos did not. It was like Hoenn after Johto introduced day and night: it felt like a step backward.

One major thing I realized is that X and Y doesn't feel "new" enough to me. Maybe I'm starting to grow out of Pokemon games, but I sometimes feel X and Y is just another Pokemon game but in 3D. Don't get me wrong. That's not a bad thing in itself. The traditional Pokemon formula is good, but I would just like to see the series continue to take more risks. X and Y did to a degree with the Fairy-type and Mega Evos, but I don't think it was enough. IMO, Gen. 5 is still the most refreshing the series has ever been.

That's a good point... X and Y took risks with some of its mechanics, but overall there wasn't much that felt new or exciting. If you think about it, we've seen this plot before--Lysandre is Cyrus, and Team Flare is Team Galactic.
Both teams want to dominate the world and are led by a sociopath who plans on destroying the world and remaking it in their image.
The grunts of both look ridiculous, as do their Executives, and that doesn't help, either.
And at times, both teams betray their shallow motives; they want to cause destruction simply for the sake of breaking things.

PETA Plasma wanted Pokemon to be free, Magma and Aqua existed as warring, misguided ideals, and the Rockets exploited people and Pokemon for money. Flare and Galactic wanted to destroy the world... just because. And for both, their Boss intended to dispose of them once he got what he wanted. Team Flare brought absolutely nothing to the Pokemon world that Team Galactic hadn't already done.

Besides that, the plot was somewhat interesting in that it focused moreso on Mega Evolution than on Gym Battles, but this plot was spread so thin, and was so quickly over, that it didn't impact the story much.

Last edited:

Sir Niner Steak

wow very tm87
Oh, and seasons--after Unova featured seasonal changes, it was really strange that Kalos did not. It was like Hoenn after Johto introduced day and night: it felt like a step backward.

Whole heartedly agree. It adds a whole new dimension to the games.
I also felt that the music was lacking in areas. While certain ones like Anistar City, Boutique theme, and champion theme stand out, it wasn't as... uhm... epic as previous titles. This game felt to light and happy.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
The camera angels in Lumiose made me suicidal. Really the whole city was confusing
This and the fact that there are NO berry shops! Now let me ask you this... If Lumiose city has all these shops.... THEN WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A BERRY SHOP!? At least make the attack weakining berries readily available!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
This and the fact that there are NO berry shops! Now let me ask you this... If Lumiose city has all these shops.... THEN WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A BERRY SHOP!? At least make the attack weakining berries readily available!

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's ever been possible to buy Berries in any game

Nightblind249

I've only have a few things wrong with this game,

1. I get the reasoning behind it, but doesn't mean it doesn't get on my nerves it PIKA PIKA... Pikachu's new cry. If they did the whole line (only this line) it would be more tolerable imo.
2.Can't take my hat off nor does the guys have a good selection of clothing. Where are you black hoodi? :'(
3. I wish you could purchase different punching bags for super training, i'd even spend BP on them, lets say 10BP for the minor and 25-35BP on major\reset bags.

I have a few more things to add but they're only small things that I nit pick at.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's ever been possible to buy Berries in any game

Join Avenue.

I dislike that you can only hold 12 Training Bags for Core Training, had it been 20 I could have at least gotten all Unique Bags.

Grei

not the color
Also, the ending sing-along was just plain stupid. It didn't even have much to do with the games. I was transported to Bollywood or something.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
I dislike how they have seemingly removed the Audino in every route training method that they had in BW. Audino's were the easiest ways to train and it's gonna be a pain to train in XY without them.

The Exp share makes training in XY even easier than it was in BW

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I dislike how they have seemingly removed the Audino in every route training method that they had in BW. Audino's were the easiest ways to train and it's gonna be a pain to train in XY without them.
The Forisode Girls in the Battle Chateau coupled with the Exp O-Power level 3 makes it easy to train.
The Exp share makes training in XY even easier than it was in BW

Imo I still prefer BW's exp system where low leveled Pokémon gained more Exp.

11Slimeade11

The Great Birdman!
The Lake Pixies not being Fairies.

Pokébank not being out. Typical things like that.

There's not much in game that actually annoys me :)

Keovix

Agree with this, one of the things I truly enjoyed about Unova was the seasonal changes and the options each season gave (like new areas) I was certain it was gonna make it into the Kalos region. So dissapointing.

Missingno.Fan

Right off of the top of my head:
*The lack of post game
*Only ~70 new Pokemon
*The gym leaders being push-overs (but that might be just me getting older).

TaurosRicardo

The lack of Postgame and no VS Seeker and weak E4/Champion.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Lack of good types against fairy. In saying that, TM Steel Wing is a Battle Maison prize makes it worse.