• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

Team Rocket's lame interference in every episode without a single success. At least let them steal something and keep it for more than five minutes!

xSabre

Psychic Ninja
I hate how the plot has become so repetitive. Meet a new Pokemon, Team Rocket tries to snatch it and fails miserably, the end. I feel the older episodes had a lot more adventure to them. Maybe it's just me that thinks that though. XP

rocky505

Team Rocket's lame interference in every episode without a single success. At least let them steal something and keep it for more than five minutes!
their longest steal had to be eevee from the episode battling eevee bros. They had it for about three minutes.

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
How they keep on kicking the girls out and having them replaced....
Come on I became a fan of Misty then she went then May well you get the drift I feel like I cannot be bothered wasting my time on Dawn if she's going to be replaced or kicked out later on.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
How they keep on kicking the girls out and having them replaced....
Come on I became a fan of Misty then she went then May well you get the drift I feel like I cannot be bothered wasting my time on Dawn if she's going to be replaced or kicked out later on.

You act as if there isn't a long period of time that they're here.

May was here for almost 200 episodes and 4 movies, and even if Dawn leaves she'll probably be here for the same amount of time.

200 episodes is PLENTY of time to get used to characters even if they'll leave.

Nina

^_^
I hated the english dub.
When I watched the Japanese ver. of the anime, it was much better than the english! The English dubbing s***s.

One of the reasons is that they made Kojiro gay because of his voice.

Crasher

The repetitive storyline.
The fact that team Rocket are a bunch of idiots who think they're the best (I only mean Jessie and James) and have probably never stole candy from a baby. it's quite relaxing when the baby cries, you know.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I was under the impression that 'repetition' in this show was no longer an issue? Or is the effervescent babbling of ‘It’s DP, ANYTHING could happen’ merely nothing more than a cruel jest peddled by the slack jawed denizens of SPPF’s lowest dwelling; The pokémon animé section.

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I was under the impression that 'repetition' in this show was no longer an issue? Or is the effervescent babbling of ‘It’s DP, ANYTHING could happen’ merely nothing more than a cruel jest peddled by the slack jawed denizens of SPPF’s lowest dwelling; The pokémon animé section.

I go with the latter personally :/

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon

I'll go with the latter, too.

iraqmaster

* the ages. Even if this is anime, Ash, Gary, and the others are not 10 years old. They look and act like 13-15 years old.

*Team rocket. In the first few episodes, Jessie and James, as well as meowth actually looked and sounded like hey could pose a threat, But now, they are complete jokes.

*The movies. Every single one of them has to do with a legendary pokemon and someone who wants to use the pokemon for evil. Got kind of old after
the first 2 movies. Why not have a movi about Ash entering a pokemon League and chroncling his battles as he makes his way to the champion, and actually wins? Something new.

*Stop making new pokemon. I know all of the first generation, but i barely know all from the second, and only a handfulfrom the 3rd and 4th.

*Brock. Someone needs to get him a girlfriend so he can get laid.

BCVM22

*The movies. Every single one of them has to do with a legendary pokemon and someone who wants to use the pokemon for evil. Got kind of old after the first 2 movies. Why not have a movi about Ash entering a pokemon League and chroncling his battles as he makes his way to the champion, and actually wins? Something new.

Because the creative staff of the TV show can assume that someone watching intently has seen enough of the show to get major story points and continuital references. Not only can they not make that assumption to the same degree when making the movies, but they can't assume automatically that anyone watching the show has seen the movie(s), hence the very minimal amount of crossover material between the two. It's for this same reason that what you suggest will never happen; they will never insert a major story point relative to one of the main characters, and certainly not Ash, in a movie where the number of people who see it will be lower than the number of people who watch it, either in premiere or in reruns, on television. It's nothing more than common sense.

*Stop making new pokemon. I know all of the first generation, but i barely know all from the second, and only a handfulfrom the 3rd and 4th.

This has nothing to do with the TV show and it's a pointless complaint anyway. They should stop advancing the franchise just because you haven't made any effort to keep up? What?

Skite

id like more catching the oldschool style just beat em up and throw the damn ball

im tired of make friends capture
i liked how paul kinda follows the old way a bit more but thats just one side character so

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa

Nah Gravy, the show has become repetively random.

Anything happening happens way too often.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
The way they randomly skip people, places, and events from the games. It's especially puzzling when they're things that would adapt well to the anime.

Also that whole Battle Frontier arc fiasco. Perfect chance to reference stuff from the beginning of the show, and they screwed it up.

Kanashima

The plot of almost every episode is the same

Ash and group meet a new person/new pokemon, Team Rocket try to steal it and take to their boss or use it to gain wealth and fame. They battle TR's weak pokemon and Pickachu sends them off with a final Thunderbolt.

I only like watching the episodes where they're in a gym or league or certain saga, like when Team Magma and Aqua were trying to obtain the powers of Groudon and Kyogre. Because even though Team Rockets in them, they're not the ones doing the crimes because the ones that they do are lame.

Josiah

is your favorite
I hate that they have the same stupid team formula everytime. Never more than one girl in the gang, and they always have Ash get a fire, water, grass, and normal/flying. For once they should let him have a dragon, poison, dark, psychic or ghost type.
Haunter doesn't count.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I hate that they have the same stupid team formula everytime. Never more than one girl in the gang, and they always have Ash get a fire, water, grass, and normal/flying. For once they should let him have a dragon, poison, dark, psychic or ghost type.
Haunter doesn't count.

To be fair, Ash's sixth is usually an out-of-the-box one.
Kanto: Butterfree, a bug-type, though released. Primeape too, a fighting-type.
Orange: I don't really know how to count this, since Pidegot was given away, so I guess Charizard counts as Ash's Flying and Fire here. So two pokemon; Lapras, water/ice, and Snorlax, a normal-type.
Jhoto: Heracross, a bug/fighting DUAL type, then sent to Oak. Then Phanpy, a rock-type.
Hoenn: Glalie, an ice-type.
Sinnoh: Gligar, ground/poison-type.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
To be fair, Ash's sixth is usually an out-of-the-box one.
Kanto: Butterfree, a bug-type, though released. Primeape too, a fighting-type.
Orange: I don't really know how to count this, since Pidegot was given away, so I guess Charizard counts as Ash's Flying and Fire here. So two pokemon; Lapras, water/ice, and Snorlax, a normal-type.
Jhoto: Heracross, a bug/fighting DUAL type, then sent to Oak. Then Phanpy, a rock-type.
Hoenn: Glalie, an ice-type.
Sinnoh: Gligar, ground/poison-type.

Phanpy is ground and Gligar is ground/flying.