• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

spectrum

Team Rocket. They're so annoying. I skip their part whenever I can because I'm so tired of seeing them.

I also don't like how everything turns into black smoke. Why could bubble from Piplup have the same effect as fired cannonballs?

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
TO be honest, I rather like the anime. The only problem I have is that the writers constantly have Team Rocket break the Fourth Wall. If ya don't know what that is, it's basically the boundary between being limited to your own universe, and knowing that theres an audience out there. They've been doing it since AT LEAST the second movie, and while I thought it was funny then, it started getting really old back in Hoenn. :sighs: Oh well, I guess we're just stuck with whatever the dubbers give us. I somehow doubt that the original script has nearly as many of these Fourth-wall ruptures as the 4Kids and PUSA dubs do.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
If I may be serious for a moment; One of the things I dislike most about the animé happens to be the dub's obnoxious habit of having the pokémon just blurt out their names without even trying the make it sound natural. The japanese version of the show does a superb job with the pokémon voices, often regulating them to simply using single sylables of their entire name (ie. Buoysel just using varients of 'Bui' or Grovyle's simple 'Julll'), and thus making the creatures sound a little more animalistic. It's not true for ALL the pokémon (Pikachu is a core example), but even when it isn't, the characters still don't sound half as stupid as they do in the dub. I prefer my cries of 'Mukuuuu!' over 'Staravia! STAAAARAVIA! Staravia!", thanks.

It probably is silly for a guy who claims not to take the show seriously to let such a minor aspect hamper his enjoyment of the show...but, contradictions are what make the world go round.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
the villans are pretty much like freeza, they dont have great character development like orochimaru and a complex story though.

freeza was great and all but he was poorly developed. i mean, we didnt really learn anything about his past except that he killed all he saiyans, his goal was pretty generic and boring "i wanna rule the universe"

thats what team galactic is..

- selfish(though not very complex) ambtions
- will kill anyone that gets in their way(though i dont know if they would kill simply for pleasure as freeza did, it might be their last resort)
- lack of character development(they might get increased strenght but their personality, way of thinking and goals never change. if galactic is like magma and aqua they might get some development, archie and maxie atleast had an end to their story..they gave up on their goals)

That's not what I'm talking about. What I really meant was there aren't any Pokemon villains with cool designs, creepy tones, and having powerful Pokemon, just like Frieza and Orochimaru (except for the powerful Pokemon part).

Koridojo_Blaziken

I only have a few things..

THEY NEED TO HAVE MORE BLAZIKENS AND RIOLUS IN THE SHOW. :mad: Those are the most uber Pokemon, and we need to see more of 'em.

While they're at it, how about a shiny Charizard?

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
wow.... so Gravy did make a serious post afterall. But considering he did that, I'm surprised he said absolutely nothing of the animation.

uber gon

Accept Change
I only have a few things..

THEY NEED TO HAVE MORE BLAZIKENS AND RIOLUS IN THE SHOW. :mad: Those are the most uber Pokemon, and we need to see more of 'em.

While they're at it, how about a shiny Charizard?

Because you can't have too much of a good thing.

I always hoped to see more shinies in the animé, but I know that showing too much would lessen the neatness of a shiny at some point. That is the same for Blaziken (no matter how cool it is) or Riolu (no matter how adorable it is).

Wtmuffin

I am what I is.
Team Rocket. They never do anything cool anymore. Back in Kanto, they were actually entertaining. Now I just think they're there because the writers have run out of ideas of what else to do in episodes.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
wow.... so Gravy did make a serious post afterall. But considering he did that, I'm surprised he said absolutely nothing of the animation.

Kinoshita and Takeda are god awful at making this show look good in the visual department, so get them off of my Pokémon and have them work their dark magic on some Naruto instead.

Better, I trust? [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Better, I trust? [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]

eh, a little.... could you stand on your head while using one of your hands to masturbate and discover the ultimate question to life, the universe, and everything?

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I hate how the problem is always solved by Team Rocket.

Banananana

I hate how if ash isn't strong enough to defeat someone with pikachu, if he just goes off and trains for a day then he'll be strong enough. that made sense when they did it in the first season, but not anymore.... =/

and of course the usuals like team rocket, fillers, new voices, repetition, ect.

Devout

Nincada Trainer
Team rocket pwns ash and co. imho they are far better in pokemon tactics.

Dragonlord Kev

- I really hate that they make so many comments between a battle. Pokemon battles are no longer smooth like before. Here's an example I made up:

Ash's Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, but the opponent's Munchlax dodges it!
*the battle pauses for 1 minute to show people making comments"
Dawn: OMG, that Munchlax is faster than Pikachu!
Brock: Blahblah...
Battle resumes and Munchlax uses Focus Punch! It hits!
*the battle pauses again with more comments...*

I remember back in the Indigo league the battles were much smoother with lesser annoying comments. I don't mind a few comments after the battle but it gets really annoying that they do this.

- And of course there's the bad voice actors to add more insult to injury. I think they are improving slightly though, but Brock's voice still bugs me.

***Latios***

I FOUND THE KEYS!!!
a few things:

they need to make it so ash doesnt come up with a new plan after losing a gym, seriously those guys must have a backup plan!
the fact that team rocket changed their song and introduction
how can team rocket keep going after that much time
it always is pikachu that finishes them off
they cant bring back misty
how ash and co cant recognize team rocket through pathetic disguises
the fact that everyone shouts out what just happened rather than listening to the trainers of what they told them to do
example
ash: "pikachu use thunder bolt!"
*pikachu uses thunderbolt*
dawn: "wow he used thunderbolt right on target this time!"
brock: "it seems that he finnaly hit it!"

oh come on! we can clearly see that pikachu hit it you dont need to tell us like 4 times!

yeah thats kinda it......

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh, the writers probably think children need constant reminders. Annoying yes, but it'll probably be here a long time.

Dattebayo

Banned
Oh yes, I also have another reason what I hate about the anime:

There isn't a cool and emo guy in Ash's group. All animes have one or more emo guys, so why not the Pokemon anime?

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Oh yes, I also have another reason what I hate about the anime:

There isn't a cool and emo guy in Ash's group. All animes have one or more emo guys, so why not the Pokemon anime?

Because emo guys aren't cool and ruin everything. Of course this piece of failure can't be ruined any further. Also: Stop having ideas Dattebayo. They always suck.

Flygon3X

The sunset skies...
One thing I hate is that Team Rocket never wins. Can't we watch them succeed, once? I also don't like that fact that everyone just became too nice and friendly to each other in the recent shows.