• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

RxZ

Internet Creator
I wish it wasn't so repetetive... And I wish there'd be more of a plot.
D/P seems to be getting there, but with all these random episodes having to do with nothing... I dunno.

Repetition.
Repetition.
Repetition.

And no logic.

I remember that BF Episode where Medicham was firing off Focus Punches while not even closely looking like it was focusing. I can go YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA like a retarded pink pokemon with huge knees too. And then not get owned by some obese thing that I normally would crush with ONE focus punch, NOT FREAKIN FOURTY and Snorlax is STILL STANDING. And by standing I mean not a pile of green slime on the floor thats been annihalated by 40 FocusPunches. What were the makers thinking when they made that episode??? EH? EHHH???

Next we'll be seeing Pikachu OHKO a Geodude with Thundershock, but lose to an Elekid.

uber gon

Accept Change
One thing I hate is that Team Rocket never wins. Can't we watch them succeed, once? I also don't like that fact that everyone just became too nice and friendly to each other in the recent shows.

Well Jessie did win a contest but other than that, I don't see other wins in the future.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I wish it wasn't so repetetive... And I wish there'd be more of a plot.
D/P seems to be getting there, but with all these random episodes having to do with nothing... I dunno.

Well...you see I know why they do a lot of fillers. Its all one big plot. If you're traveling on a road trip with your buddies a different set of events happens. Maybe youll see the Grand Canyon and then a couple days later you see something totally different like The White House or something. yeah we get a string of events like Maybe you run out of gas or something but still it wont carry on all the way to another state.

What im trying to say when youre traveling, like ash is, dont expect a big plot. Maybe they werent thinking as deep as i am right now about it but theres a possibility. I admit though..the fillers arent too much fun. But that could be the concept they are trying to get at.

Ugh, the switching of Characters that's what...
First they kick out Brock and bring Tracey.
Next they kick out Tracey and bring Brock back.
Next they kick out Misty and bring May and Max.
Next they kick out May and Max and bring Dawn.

Can't these Japanese voice actors get payed enough???

BCVM22

What the hell do the voice actors' salaries have anything to do with it?

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I agree with Gravy, and wish the pokemon would sound more natural. It should sound more like an animal's cry than some guy talking into a microphone. Also I wish there was a little more to the fillers, but I can at least understand that part. It'd be hard to make that many episodes unique and interesting.

Uh.. the characters don't leave the anime because their voice actors do. This isn't a soap opera.

Last edited:

Pikustrite

AND I AAAM DEAD.
- The change of voice actors =_=
- The fact that Drew doesn't have his own side adventures. It might be cool, seeing his adventures throughout the Johto Region ^^;;
- Too many episodes @.@
- The fact that the characters forgot their past adventures too much -.-

markomega

TERRORIZE!
Their voices and I hate how ash says 'LETS GO!' almost every episode...

and how Brock and other characters[like Meowth] know all about the sinnoh pokemon I liked it better when they were clueless and had no idea what they were looking at and had to use the dex to find out.

neo_senku

it gets annoying that ash still makes unforgivably stupid moves such as using normal type attacks against ghosts (vs agatha) and fighting attacks against (vs brandon). also he using the pokedex on pkmn he has already seen or in some cases trained.

uber gon

Accept Change
it gets annoying that ash still makes unforgivably stupid moves such as using normal type attacks against ghosts (vs agatha) and fighting attacks against (vs brandon). also he using the pokedex on pkmn he has already seen or in some cases trained.

Yeah, that does get a little irksome after some time.

¶GlichyMissingno¶

.:.~*^Girl^*~.:.
The fact that some of my favorite chacters only appeared in 1 show~
Tori~ Movie~ Destiny Deoxys
Solidad~ Thinning the Hoard (I think)
And how Ash does stupid stuts. Like in the PokeLaintis. Ash deservered it (to me) for his stupidity in the Past. And in the Battle Forinteir Show~ Spotainous Combusken, Whats the purpose of Brianna? To annoy the Viewers? Brianna was annoying I tell you. First shes all nice and the next minute shes all yelly.

The fact that when The Gligar+Gliscor epidodes comes around, Pikachu will pwn then with Thunderbolt as though the Ground types Electric immunity didn't exist.

I bet if Ash had a SILCOON he'd beat good stuff with it.

Crystal Clair

One thing I can think of that I hate about this show
the writers ruined Butch and Cassidy
seriously, they used to be cool. Now they're on the verge of being almost as pathetic as Jessie and James.
I hope DP can fix them.... unless they're fixing them right now.... by not bringing them back!
still, it'd be nice to see Cassidy in the new digital animation colors they've begin using at the start of Diamond and Pearl. The colors in the hosos were too drab, in the Battle Frontier, they were too pale. Now they're pretty much perfect.

Nekagi

Eevee Fan
1. Why can't Team Rocket just steal the Pokémon featured in an episode ? That would make more sense. They shouldn't take attempt abducting Pikachu consecutively.

2. Crusin' For A Losin'. May should've took Ash's advice. If she did, the judges wouldn't have wrongfully insinuated that she didn't care for her Pokémon. It's blasphemy, I tell you ! Well, at least Ash comforted her.

3. For some reason, May's Munchlax.

4. Paul's attitude towards his Pokémon. And will Ash ever beat him in a battle ? If Ash did, Paul would possibly change.

5. Zoey's attitude towards people that do both gyms and contests.

ShenBoi

Gold Hero
i personally like the anime, but i want Gold to be the main character or at least be ash's partner like brock so theres more people