• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

POKEMASTERNATHAN

Hi.Got ANOTHER idea.The Pokemon anime is really great.But is there anything you hate about it?

Me,I can't think of one off the top of my head.There's gotta be one,though...

Aaron_fan

I wouldn't say there was anything I hated about the anime, but I do dislike the lack of characterization/character development for the antagonists and evil team members. I mean, I don't ONLY want to see Team Galactic or Hunter J when they're flying around messing with crap.

KetchupO

tωisted
Well I hate the fact that it's so childish :/
They really need to make a more mature version of the pokemon anime.
I'm sure that they'll get more fans and more money that way...And money is good ^^
So why can't they >.<

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I wouldn't say there was anything I hated about the anime, but I do dislike the lack of characterization/character development for the antagonists and evil team members. I mean, I don't ONLY want to see Team Galactic or Hunter J when they're flying around messing with crap.

I think we see character development..just not in what you look for...we dont see a personality change really in Ash or anything...we see Development in battle which is the important part of the show..but youre right if we see more maturity in characters like watch them grow..then maybe it would be even better

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The fact that the writers don't know how to handle sidekicks. It seems that if you don't have a plot like Gyms or Contest, your character gets treated like crap.

Misty and Brock were both never used to their full potential. Just think about all the amazing things they could have done with them instead of keeping them in the background like stage props. Misty's Johto run was depressing, and Brock has turned into a walking joke. Then of course there's Max and Tracey, who were never delved into that much in the first place.

I'm still waiting to see the day when one of the sidekicks gets good treatment from the writers.

BCVM22

They really need to make a more mature version of the pokemon anime.
I'm sure that they'll get more fans and more money that way...And money is good ^^

There is nothing accurate about a single thing you just said.

AceTrainerTim

I Don't Hate It But, I dislike How in Battle Pikachu Turns Into Level 20ish And How Wild Pokemon Have Learn't Things They Shouldn't Learn By Level Up...But I Guess The Anime Is Different To The Games.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I Don't Hate It But, I dislike How in Battle Pikachu Turns Into Level 20ish And How Wild Pokemon Have Learn't Things They Shouldn't Learn By Level Up...But I Guess The Anime Is Different To The Games.

Pikachu's level doesnt change..Gym leaders dont twiddle their thumbs...Trainers dont twiddle their thumbs either eagerly awaiting Ash's arrival...theyre training too...If pIkachu overpowered everybody anyway you would complain about how boring each battle would be because they wouldnt last long...

uber gon

Accept Change
The animators don't make every attack unique. Energy Ball just looks like a recolored Zap Cannon. Cool as it is, it is just too repetitive.

Ashachu

team rockets intro every time which takes 3 minutes and very boring after a long time of watching the show.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
exploding bubbles

Dattebayo

Banned
What I hate about the anime is bad dialogue, Buneary's voice, and there aren't any antagonists who are like Frieza (from DBZ) or Orochimaru (from Naruto).

Mime Jr

Agree with ^^^^

There needs to be a real evil villain. Team Rocket doesn't even count anymore and Team Galactic are barely shown in the anime. I hate the opening too.

Well I don't HATE it persay, but I just wish that they could, I dunno, improve the characterization a bit.
I also wouldn't mind the old DUB voice actors back....

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
The fact that every episode follows the same pattern:

Ash and Co. enter a new town
Ash and Co. find someone who needs help/New Contest/New Gym Battle
Team Rocket butts in
Pikachu uses Thunderbolt
TR blasts off
Ash and Co leave town/win contest/win battle

Sam.26

Ash's voice.

Misty Lover

Overuse of alliteration pisses me off.
Team rocket never steals anything. Of course they won't steal pikachu, but at least let them keep something from someone else.
Too many fillers- it would be better to have fewer eps but make them better.
Ash didn't kiss Misty when she left.
Max killed all possibility for Advancedshipping.
The characters forget stuff that happened before too much.
Ash and co can never recognize TR in their bad disguises.