• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Thriller said:
-Kanto Shippers (not Poke Shippers). Ash and Misty do NOT belong together. Misty ONLY followed Ash so he can repay her for the bike. She made that clear all throughout Kanto and only dropped it because she got sick of talking about it. When she did get her bike back, she was super ****** that Ash didn't do anything to help pay for it. Watch the episode, she shows complete fury at him.

If I remember correctly, she ran off ****** because Ash was just like "heres your bike, you can go"... She had developed feelings for him, and even spoke of marriage in episode #200...If I remember correctly, its called "The Heartbreak Of Brock". It went a little something like...

Misty: "Someday you and I will be married"
Ash: "uh huh......................................................WHAAAA?"

Last edited:

yoshimori7

She was upset because Ash doesn't even feel sad about her leaving even though they've been traveling for so long and been through thick and thin. Though Ash realises why shes upset later...

Speaking of the bike...Ash destroyed every leading female character's bike. Technically Pikachu did it, but it belonged to Ash so yea... I wonder if they did it intentionally as an excuse for Misty/Dawn/May to travel with him.

Gamekrazy

I hate Ash's new voice, just sounds horrible. Not to mention the theme songs are sucking now too. In my opinion, Kanto and Jhoto were the best seasons, and once you got to Hoenn it just went downhill. And I agree with most of the things people have said, characters like Brock, Misty, May, Tracey and Max are totally left undeveloped, and Ash seems to forget everybody that he ends up saying "see you again!" to when there all walking into the sunset at the end of the episode. I mean come on! What ever happened to that one guy with the camera? (From snap. His name currently escapes me.) Its reasons like this that I tend not to watch the anime anymore.
The writers should do something like send Ash and Co. to Orre for a change. Hoping that Ash dosn't go insane for its lack of gyms, It would be really cool to see an XD/Colosseum season, though I don't think it will ever happen.

Profesco

gone gently
Super-Staff said:
I think the problem with it is if they had used that opportunity to introduce it as a legitimate defensive tactic, it would've been okay. But the fact that they never used it again just implies that it was a lame excuse to have Ash win a Gym battle that he could've easily have won through more a legitimate channel.

And how often did Ash use Swellow and Pikachu in a double battle together after that? Maybe it was a hint at Pikachu's future learning of Volt Tackle.

And as for using special strategies in Gym battles, it's not like it's a normal attack, or even a special dodge (like the twirly thing he's using now)- it's a last resort, Swellow + Pikachu combo strategy that's dangerous to use.

Considering all the special strategies Ash has had to use in Gym battles, without needing them outside-

His three-Pokemon assault against Whitney, making Sabrina laugh, hitting Rhydon's horn with Thunderbolt against Blaine (heaven knows that hasn't worked again!), Cyndaquil's top-down spin versus Bugsy's Scyther, its underwater tricks with Pryce's Dewgong, et cetera- I don't feel like listing more.

I think the use of Thunder Armor is just as acceptable as any other atypical tactic he's developed in the thick of a Gym battle.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
In my opinion, Kanto and Jhoto were the best seasons, and once you got to Hoenn it just went downhill.

Both Hoenn and D/P are far superior to Johto. I don't have to go into detail why they're better because its obvious to everyone who watched it. I guess, some people just don't like good battles and character development?

But after Misty bores us all to the point of tears in Johto, Ash's Johto team turns out to be disappointing, and Gary hardly shows up, that's enough said.

The writers are basically giving us everything we ever wanted in the show now, yet in Johto they made some rather obvious mistakes. While there are good episodes in that season, you could arguably skip 60% of it and it wouldn't matter.

And I agree with most of the things people have said, characters like Brock, Misty, May, Tracey and Max are totally left undeveloped

How were Misty and May underdeveloped? They went through more character development than any of Ash's other friends. Both of them were quite different from their introduction to their final episodes.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Johto, cons first:

-Too many fillers
-Misty/Brock did nothing, Ash was inbetween his good Kanto self and bring Houen self.
-Too many Kanto Pokemon. I would have liked to see, you know, actual JOHTO Pokemon.
-Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard took up too much screentime.
-Heracross not shown enough
-Where the hell did Noctowl go for all those episodes where Ash called out all his Pokemon, and Noctowl was missing. Seriously, it literally vanishes for episodes at a time, even when Ash needs TR's balloon popping.
-Gary was useless
-Limited use of actual Johto game characters.
-Crappy, Kanto Pokemon filled league.

Pros:

-Lots of Team Rocket members. Tyson, Domino, Sebastian, Buson/Bashou, etc etc.
-Some cool filler characters
-Some funny episodes
-Noctowl and Heracross were cool.

Yeah, Johto was a low point for Pokemon. Still has some good moments however.

yoshimori7

Its been like what 8-10 years since johto/kanto? So naturally AG and DP should be better. After watching DP again, i guess i've to admit its way better than johto/kanto. I'm glad not all of the episodes are 'pikachu dodge it! pikachu thunderbolt!! pikachu jump!' as its really boring watching this 'tactic' every episode. But battles aside, i still have to say i miss those old touching episodes in kanto. They could've made the episode in which Pikachu has amnesia better. That would've been such a touching episode oh well...

mew..

What do you want?
i hated one thing about 1 ep.

mass-hippo-sis. or whatever the episode is called.
1. pikachu blasts TR off, and two minuites later they are back
2.jessie can't pronounce hippopatas.
3.a popping bubble for yawn?? they could have made that better

Profesco

gone gently
Gee, I preferred the Johto season a great deal more than the way DP is turning out... Guess I'm in the minority.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
3.a popping bubble for yawn?? they could have made that better
Yeah. It should have been a tremendous laser beam with enough force to literally tear away the flesh from a human body and leave nothing but bare bones.
It was a yawn. Honestly, what else would you expect?

Celtic Warrior

Ohsubame, Jukain, Onigohri, Donfan, Kingler, Bayleaf, Betbeton, Kentaros, Kabigon, Heracros, Cotoise, Mukubird, Pidgeot, Lizardon, Butterfree, Laplace, Okorizaru, and Yorunozuku would all like a word with you. Waninoko, Naetle, Hikozaru, Buoysel, Fushigidane, Heigani, Hinoarashi, Zenigame, and Pikachu would too, but they actually fall under your 'under-evolved' generalization.
Cyndaquil, Totodile, Squirtle, Bulbasaur,Larvitar,Turtwig,Chimchar,Gligar,Buizel,Corphish would all like to have a word with you aswell.

Tell me something, how is Heracros, Laplace, (Lapras) Kentaros, (Tauros) Kabigon, (Snorlax.. who only had one form before the 4th gen) evolved Pokemon? I laughed when I saw that. I guess you feel smart saying the Jap version of the Pokemon names. Also, Ohsubame and Cotoise aren't Pokemon. See what happens when you hide the truth?

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Cyndaquil, Totodile, Squirtle, Bulbasaur,Larvitar,Turtwig,Chimchar,Gligar,Buizel,Corphish would all like to have a word with you aswell.

Tell me something, how is Heracros, Laplace, (Lapras) Kentaros, (Tauros) Kabigon, (Snorlax.. who only had one form before the 4th gen) evolved Pokemon? I laughed when I saw that. I guess you feel smart saying the Jap version of the Pokemon names. Also, Ohsubame and Cotoise aren't Pokemon. See what happens when you hide the truth?

What the hell are you talking about? Ash has mostly evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that have no evo's. Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Corphish are all powerhouses anyway.

With the exception of the weaker Johto starters, all of Ash's Pokemon are fairly strong.

Celtic Warrior

What the hell are you talking about? Ash has mostly evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that have no evo's. Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Corphish are all powerhouses anyway.

With the exception of the weaker Johto starters, all of Ash's Pokemon are fairly strong.
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Corphish are powerhouses? Right.

Correction, he has mostly Pokemon with no evo's, AND Pokemon who didn't/won't evolve.

*Edit* Its ok though. We all know the people behind the show want the main characters to have cute little Pokemon. Whatever happened to the motto "I wanna be the very best"? Yea, lets win all 8 badges with Pokemon that don't evolve.

Last edited:

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Corphish are powerhouses? Right.

Correction, he has mostly Pokemon with no evo's, AND Pokemon who didn't/won't evolve.

*Edit* Its ok though. We all know the people behind the show want the main characters to have cute little Pokemon. Whatever happened to the motto "I wanna be the very best"? Yea, lets win all 8 badges with Pokemon that don't evolve.

I don't think you get it. Cyber isn't saying Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Corphish are strong Pokemon. Cyber is saying that ASH'S VERY OWN SPECIFIC Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Corphish were strong. And Ash has one eight badges with unevolved Pokemon. In fact, he's won 30 of them. And seven symbols.

TheHolyShoe

Ohsubame = Swellow, Cotoise = Torkoal.

Note that I never claimed Kentaros, Heracros, Laplace, or Kabigon to be evolved Pokemon. They only have one stage, so they clearly can't be under-evolved. Yogiras was never a capture, so it doesn't count. Buoysel, Hikozaru, Naetle, and Gligar are all currently in training - they can't be counted at this point because they're still in their growth stage. Fushigidane, Zenigame, and Heigani were all utilized on the Battle Frontier, proving them to be major players without being fully evolved. The only ones on that list that need to evolve are Hinoarashi and Waninoko.

Also, your personal attack was unnecessary. I don't feel superior to you or anyone on this board. The names I use are out of personal preference.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

Are we watching the same anime as each other? These Pokemon have had tons of battles and taken out Pokemon in impressive wins. They don't need to evolve.

What in the world are you talking about? Almost all the Pokemon he had in Hoenn evolved. Most people agree the Johto team was a lost cause, but since he doesn't use them anymore there's no point to bring them up.

His D/P team is early on, you don't expect them to evolve as time goes on?

Celtic Warrior

Cleary some people can't change their minds because of their fanhood. Yea, he won badges with those under-evolved Pokemon because the writers say so. No rules apply to the anime.

Also, I didn't make a "personal" attack towards you, theholyshoe. If you feel that way, care to explain? I'm a bit confused. All I said was: "see what happens when you hide the truth". No "personal" attack was included.

Kirades

-Kanto Shippers (not Poke Shippers). Ash and Misty do NOT belong together. Misty ONLY followed Ash so he can repay her for the bike. She made that clear all throughout Kanto and only dropped it because she got sick of talking about it. When she did get her bike back, she was super pissed that Ash didn't do anything to help pay for it. Watch the episode, she shows complete fury at him.

Wow just wow. She was ****** at Ash and Brock explained it in clear words: "Ash she was upset because you sounded like you didn't even care she was leaving even after all the things we went through together."

Brock was correct. She was ****** at him for not caring.

Plus in one episode she did allude to the fact that she had romantic feelings for Ash.

TheHolyShoe

Cleary some people can't change their minds because of their fanhood. Yea, he won badges with those under-evolved Pokemon because the writers say so. No rules apply to the anime.

Also, I didn't make a "personal" attack towards you, theholyshoe. If you feel that way, care to explain? I'm a bit confused. All I said was: "see what happens when you hide the truth". No "personal" attack was included.

You stated that I use the Japanese names as a way to make myself feel smarter. That seems pretty personal to me. If not, I apologize then. I misinterpreted your intent.

Also, the anime does have rules, it just doesn't strictly abide by the game rules. Which is fine, really. The games are all about mechanics and those don't transfer well into real life. The anime tries to make every Pokemon have at least a decent chance at winning, which is much better than having a bunch of NU Pokes that are useless. And certainly, some things about the game don't make sense to me.

Take Gligar. Some people were wanking a while ago about how Pikachu's electric attacks worked against it. I personally see no logical reason for electricity to not effect a flying animal that just happens to be a ground type. If we follow game logic, it's immune by virtue of being ground. But it can't ground itself. That's actually why I really liked the Madatsubomi from the Indigo League - it's immunity made sense. That's not to say that the anime always does make sense, but it does have its moments.