• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Cleary some people can't change their minds because of their fanhood. Yea, he won badges with those under-evolved Pokemon because the writers say so. No rules apply to the anime.

You're full of sh!t, you know that? There is no rule against not evolving your Pokemon in the games. The Pokemon storyline in the games is piss easy, and you could beat it without evolving ANY of the Pokemon you catch; I did it with Torchic in my Sapphire once. Competitive Online Play is another story.
And you said it yourself, "no rules apply in the anime." Why are you complaining then?

Celtic Warrior

You're full of sh!t, you know that? There is no rule against not evolving your Pokemon in the games. The Pokemon storyline in the games is piss easy, and you could beat it without evolving ANY of the Pokemon you catch; I did it with Torchic in my Sapphire once. Competitive Online Play is another story.
And you said it yourself, "no rules apply in the anime." Why are you complaining then?
Wait, this is a videogame topic? My mistake. I thought this topic was about anime. Wow, your swearing at me!

I lost all focus on your inmature post when I saw your foul language. No need to get upset about it now is there?

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Wait, this is a videogame topic? My mistake. I thought this topic was about anime. Wow, your swearing at me!

I lost all focus on your inmature post when I saw your foul language. No need to get upset about it now is there?

I'm not upset at all, I just like to swear. And you're the one talking about Pokemon HAVE to be evolved to be strong, so if the anime is not your source, where are you basing this statement from?

I'll sit here and wait for your cop-out.

Celtic Warrior

I'm not upset at all, I just like to swear. And you're the one talking about Pokemon HAVE to be evolved to be strong, so if the anime is not your source, where are you basing this statement from?

I'll sit here and wait for your cop-out.
Sit there then. Aren't you strong because you beat some gym leader thats a weak bot with an under-evolved Pokemon? Yea, thats real hard.

I already said some peoples mind cleary can't be change. Besides, this discussion has gotten old, and boring. No way around your statements now is there? Under-evolved Pokemon ARE weak in the game. You don't see people online using them. As I said before, no rules apply to the anime though.

*Walks out childish flame war*

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Sit there then. Aren't you strong because you beat some gym leader thats a weak bot with an under-evolved Pokemon? Yea, thats real hard.

I already said some peoples mind cleary can't be change. Besides, this discussion has gotten old, and boring. No way around your statements now is there? Under-evolved Pokemon ARE weak in the game. You don't see people online using them. As I said before, no rules apply to the anime though.

*Walks out childish flame war*

It's easy to change someone's mind if you have an actual argument, which you don't. And flame war? Psh. You need to lurk moar at moar forums if this is a flame war to you.

Kirades

Actually there is some person on youtube who made a video of challenging each pokemon league (of all 4 games) with under evolved pokemon. He won easily. So in the games it is possible to win with unevolved pokemon. In the anime it is also possible.

So your logic fails HoCkEyDuDe

Profesco

gone gently
I think the fact that Ash has won every badge so far, and even won the Orange Cup and the Battle Frontier, with his underevolved Pokemon is a testament to their strength. If they can win with the form they currently have, there is no dire need for them to grow further.

Nina

^_^
Actually there is some person on youtube who made a video of challenging each pokemon league (of all 4 games) with under evolved pokemon. He won easily. So in the games it is possible to win with unevolved pokemon. In the anime it is also possible.

So your logic fails HoCkEyDuDe
Yup. In the games, even if it is an unevolved Pokemon, as long as it's raised well, it can win even against the Pokemon League.

And, in the anime, Ash probably raises his Pokemon well.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Just that it's to childish, wish it was rated PG like DBZ so they can be less moderative with what makes it into the show and what doesn't.

I don't think a 'PG' rating is going to make much of a difference. It's up to the writers if they want to make the show geared toward an older audience, and it seems like they don't.

They still haven't made a character in the anime who repeadly kicks Ash's ***.
They need one. Ash is getting cocky.

What i would want to see in the anime is, while Dawn is combing her hair for the 100th time in the day, Jessie sneaks up behind and sticks chewing gum in it. Comb out that one.

BCVM22

Just that it's to childish, wish it was rated PG like DBZ so they can be less moderative with what makes it into the show and what doesn't.

Every time someone suggests this and legitimately believes it's both a valid suggestion and a possibility, an angel loses its wings.

TheHolyShoe

DBZ meets Pokemon: It takes thirty episodes to complete a gym battle.

"SATOSHI, THE MARUMINE ARE INERT."

"KOUJIROU, WHAT'S HIS PIKACHU'S LEVEL AT?"
"IT'S OVER NINE-THOUSAND!"
"WHAT, NINE-THOUSAND!?! -CRUSHES POKEMON-ZUKAN!-"

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
They still haven't made a character in the anime who repeadly kicks Ash's ***.
They need one. Ash is getting cocky.

Gary kicks Ash's AYUZZ all the time.

DBZ meets Pokemon: It takes thirty episodes to complete a gym battle.

IIRC, it takes longer than that for Ash to GET to a f*cking gym(Goldenrod, anyone?). That, and that's horrible exaggeration of DBZ.

TheHolyShoe

IIRC, it takes longer than that for Ash to GET to a f*cking gym(Goldenrod, anyone?). That, and that's horrible exaggeration of DBZ.

I'm very much aware that it takes longer to get to some Gyms (lol, Tobari Gym?). Also, I really do love DBZ. It's a fun series that I don't mind getting a few laughs over from time to time. D:

yoshimori7

I've spent like 50 hours of my life(500 episodes+9 movies) listening to team rocket's speech. I wish they could've come up with something more original like James leaving his cacnia or Jessie participating in contests etc than having a 5 mins discussion on how to capture pikachu and 'we're blasting off again'.

Alright. Right now, I hate Team Rocket's Sinnoh Theme. It's extremely annoying. I prefer their Hoenn Theme; it's more evil.

Profesco

gone gently
Ooh, I preferred Hoenn's theme as well. I like Meowth having a lot more lines, but this isn't worth it.

Repetitiveness. If it was a little bit more varied, such as team rocket's schemes, then it would be better.
And the English theme song since it just plain sucks. I liked the themes better when Pokemon was under 4Kids honestly. Still not great, but better than this crud.