• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hate about the Pokemon anime

XSilverStarboyX

I'm very much aware that it takes longer to get to some Gyms (lol, Tobari Gym?). Also, I really do love DBZ. It's a fun series that I don't mind getting a few laughs over from time to time. D:

Sorry but I disticnly remember Cinnibar taking FOREVER. I swear I think there was like 100 episode filler between Koga and Blaine. At least, I dont know if you were using the Japanese name for Cinnibar. I also think Ash needs to win at least one of the other leagues. I dont think he'd give up if he won one of them because it just isnt in his nature to give up;152;

TheHolyShoe

I was actually referring to the gap between Eterna City and Veilstone City, which was 29 episodes (31 between gym badges). The gap between Fuschia and Cinnibar was 26 episodes (27 between gym badges).

iraqmaster

1. Ash: Okay, I've followed pokemon since the very beginning, and Ash's dream was to become a pokemon master.

Well, in my honest opinion, he's no more closer to his dream than the first episode. it seems like all he does is go to regions, collect the badges, compete in the leagues, but lose. Look at Gary; he started out just like Ash. But unlike ash, he caught way more pokemon, learned to train them properly, and went to the gym and fought the gym leaders, winning the badges. He entered in the Kanto League, advanced a bit, but ultimately lost. I believe he traveled around a bit during the whole Orange Island bit, but he, like ash, went to Johto. While in Johto, he again caught pokemon, and seemed to lose a bit of his jealous streak against ash. At some point, I can't remember when, he decided that he wanted to try being a researcher like his grandfather Professor Oak.

Anyway, you can bash me all you like, but I feel that gary accomplished more in his stint in traveling that ash.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I think Ash's goal has changed slightly. By "Pokemon Master" he wants to be the strongest trainer. You don't need every single Pokeymanz for that.

Profesco

gone gently
Well, in my honest opinion, he's no more closer to his dream than the first episode.

There is a faint ring of truth to this statement. Ash's growth as a trainer has been real, but minimal.

However, the achieving of his dream would mean the end of the series.

thunderblade12

this thread reminds me how much people like to complain, there was a "what do you like about the pokemon anime" made about the same time as this thread. that thread is no where to be seen and this is the biggest one in the anime forum. just pointing it out lol

i didnt like the johto arc, things got better during during hoeen, much better in battle frontier and sinnoh was its blastoff back into greatness. as long as they dont keep ashs sinnoh team underdeveloped and unevolved then the sinnoh saga will be the greatest one ever.

mimefan

Banned
I don't like is how when TR help out other pokemon and their trainers they get blasted off again. I mean sometimes they do nothing to harm anyone like con people to get some money to eat when Ash and his pikachu try their best to starve them to death.

TheHolyShoe

Nope. The term 'Pokemon Master' has yet to be actually define. I personally doubt it has anything to do with winning a league championship or the like - even after winning the Battle Frontier, he wasn't content with that and continued to travel, stating 'there are still places to visit and Pokemon to meet.' Of course, that seems indicate to me that we'll be seeing plenty of Satoshi, regardless of how he does in a league - that being a 'Master' is something that's accomplished not because of winning but through growing with Pokemon.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I don't think the anime ever properly defined that, did it?

I think Ash pretty much defined it for himself. In the early episodes, he was obsessed with cathing every single Pokemon, even to go as far as vowing to catch all those Spearow that were chasing him. Brock, Misty, Gary, or someone else would always remind him he didn't have many Pokemon, and this infuriated him. But about somewhere in Johto, Ash starts caring less and less about how many Pokemon he has and about how well the Pokemon he DOES have can perform in battle. When in the early episodes did you see him actually training any of his Pokemon? Ever since about mid-Johto to the current episodes, we've seen him actually train his Pokemon countless times. The only instance of training I can think of in Kanto was Pikachu VS. Vulpix when Ash is getting ready for the Indigo Plataeu, a good seventy-something episodes into the series. I think that was the episode with the giant Gengar, also.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I don't think there will ever be a real definition of Pokemon master in the anime.

Though, I think the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga defines it best: a Pokémon master is simply an elite trainer who is considered a professional and regularly takes part in League competitions.

...But in that case, Ash could be considered one already. ...Except he doesn't have a real professional title. ...So, yeah.

Profesco

gone gently
One thing I hate is the way Pikachu's losses are handled, sometimes. Now, I certainly don't believe Pikachu should win every battle, but when it does lose, much of the time the loss seems too easy. We've seen it stand up to many harsh beatings and still take the victory. They ought to make Pikachu's losses look well-earned. By now it shouldn't be portrayed as 'frail.'

Kataphrut

That the female character is always doomed to be retired. I just hope they keep Dawn next season.

That's it though. I'm try not to complain to much about TV shows and just enjoy them.