• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you hated about school

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoltTacklePikachu

yah Eevee Rocks !
Primary school not too bad as the teachers and kids were generally lovely. I am Autistic and have ADHD , though was not diagnosed with Autism till after getting my A levels results in 2012, while ADHD at age 4. SENCO in primary school were lovely and understanding of my support needs and the primary school was pretty chill.

High School on the other hand was a nightmare from the get go, a sensory hell and made me depressed.
Loud noisy nowhere to go if you wanted somewhere quiet, have memories of losing break times and being stuck in class because the other students generally misbehaved during class.The teacher would just say you couldn’t leave for break time,stay in the classroom ”and go on their merry way. It could be from 30 minutes to an hour of being stuck in a classroom with loud students,not good if you have sensory issues.This was on top of the noisy lessons as well.

Also the bullying how I hated that,constant verbal bullying, food being thrown at me,things taken from me. Being bullied for largely being different and not having “typical interests”.

While I did okay academically it did me bad mentally,socially and emotionally. Remember being relieved when it was half term but then feelings of dread when I had to go back. I also remember having shutdowns,sensory overloads constantly during school and afterwards.Also had to go to bed due to the aftermath of it all.

While I was alright with some students I generally always felt like an outsider and was one of the kids picked last or not at all in group work or PE. Felt real bad especially in GCSE Drama as noone wanted to be my partner for our last assignment and the person who was made my partner didn’t want to be my partner either.Plus felt a bit bullied by my year 10/11 Drama teachers especially as I had to take days off due to the stress of school plus I had also developed tics around the time as well.

Subject wise the only subject I really enjoyed was GCSE History as I enjoyed the coursework. I hated design and Food technology,Science,PE especially due to my lack of coordination plus this is where I normally encountered the most bullying.

I also lost my support and accomodations in High School which made it worse I suppose as I was meant to have 1:1 support as put in my statements.It was even promised by the high school but never given. Though I did interact with the SENCO they were also rather rough worse than some of the teachers, even remembering hearing them talking behind my back about me rather nastily when I was put in the SENCO room.

I went to a different school for A levels which was much better and got 1:1 support in place but it wasn’t perfect but it was still good.Much better environmentally though I always went to the ICT room by myself to recover from the lessons and the 6th form room was too loud.The teachers and students were much more chill and laidback,and the teachers didn’t have the elitist mindset my previous school did either.

Overall did I enjoy school? No and am glad that’s behind me,sure they were good bits such as the school trips(Only because I got out of the loud,cramped environment). I was not able to do University as I could not cope with the environment or workload so had to drop out.Me and my parents are hoping to move in a few years near a city where my other relatives live so we have more things to do as they is not much here in my small town.

Last edited:

VoltTacklePikachu

yah Eevee Rocks !
@VoltTacklePikachu It's kind of why I hated pep rallies. I am not that sensitive to noise, but I hate it when it gets loud.

I eventually would feign a headache and go to the nurse's office. I think she knew but didn't care.
Now that reminds another thing I hated about high school was the School nurse that was where students ended up if either they did not feel very well or had to be sent home.I remember going to the nurse and remembering the nurse being horrid not just to me but to other students.
The nurse often gave very unhelpful advice as well.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
@VoltTacklePikachu It's kind of why I hated pep rallies. I am not that sensitive to noise, but I hate it when it gets loud.

I eventually would feign a headache and go to the nurse's office. I think she knew but didn't care.
I was in elementary school for 2 years before being homeschooled. The teachers let me stay in the library during pep rallies. I actually spent most of my time in the library in kindergarten and first grade.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I hated sport class. I used to ditch it and hide in the library hehe

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I actually had the opportunity to talk to one of my former classmates whose now a teacher while I decided to go to grad school. Here's a few things he hated about teaching in a public school:

Grade quotas: In college, my department head told me I just needed people to pass, and I can give whatever the hell I want so long as I can back it up. Turns out, they can't fail kids who don't do work now. The F grade is no longer a viable option. They can only give a low D even if kids do not turn in work.

Teaching to the test: I don't really write my final so much as it's a departmental effort to write a final and align it against all classes. Turns out, high school has it worse than me.

Lack of disciplinary action: They are supposed to use PBIS which, given how he explained it, seems more like bribing students into behaving rather than dropping the hammer on them for the crap they pull. It's odd they can't really expel students who wear symbols of genocide and hatred like the swastika or the hammer and sickle. It's honestly appalling. Back when I went to school, zero tolerance was a major issue and the pendulum has swung the other direction.

Lack of vaccines: Teachers are basically told to go into the meat grinder of SARS-CoV-2 without vaccines and barely adequate PPE. They aren't even on the vaccine priority list, yet everyone wants school to open.

Outdated research: I thought it was a given that learning styles do not exist since subjects are not tailored to individuals rather subjects lend themselves to be taught and expressed through certain mediums. Turns out, people are still using learning styles.

Racism: America's schools do have a racial divide problem. The problem is that schools are trying to "solve" racism in the laziest fashion possible. For example, this school, which shall not be named, tried to remove the honor roll. The valedictorian was nearly removed because having a valedictorian is racist and discourages minorities like Blacks and Latinos from achieving more because the non-minorities like Chinese Americans and Indian Americans discourage them.

This is what a friend of mine told me. Anecdote, I know, but I really don't care. If this is what high school looks like, then I'm glad this crap isn't going on where I work. I probably would have snapped more than once and lost my job at these conditions.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Here in India the competiton is pretty damn high thanks to the population, esp engineering which I pursued and considering how the society is in general theres a lot of pressure. My mental health in 11th and 12th was absolutely destroyed by this affecting me severly, esp coz they just wanted you to be in the top tier colleges only, so even when I found an actual decent college I was made to feel worthless because its not the top tier ones.
Still recovering from 11th and 12th mental torture as Im finishing up my second semester lol and I know Im not the only one, seeing what my friends went through

Zuriel Robinson

I don't like the fact that there is so little personality in school. In fact, there are a lot of problems in the modern education system, but all the same, schools and universities provide a lot of knowledge and skills that help people in their future life and career. It seems to me that in modern schools and colleges there is a lack of teaching children to write their own texts without copying other authors. I mean writing . On the site I found a very constructive guide to writing an and how to write it correctly and make it more reasoned. It seems to me that this will be useful for many.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Math... years after my graduation i went back to my upper middle school to finish two more required math experience before hoping to get into a technology high school. To this day, i remember the class that had a focus on trigonometry including figuring out base dimensions of a pyramid.
I failed miserably on the final test with 4.4/10. That failure haunts me forever. :mad:

Daily Homework 5 days a week

Mandatory classes where you have to stay behind to finish "homework early" (You could not opt out of it in the special needs program i was in)
Bullies You literally couldn't complain because hardly anything was done about it and bullies will just attempt to get revenge
later for reporting them.

Finals Tests: where you are graded for in each class before the year before summer or winter holiday. Pop quizzes such as reaching certain weeks in school.

Last edited:

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
The social hierarchy at school sucks and still sucks, if you are either an OG and have been at the school since preschool or "good looking".

People who people consider these things pretty much act as leaders and it is annoying.

I have not really cared until now since it has hit an overdrive.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I made this thread mostly because I didn't like social norms, and I didn't like arbitrary assignments.

It's interesting to see what responses I've gotten.

JayZz

I hate exams and all those paper works. I combine work and study and I know that it is not so easy. I found paper writing service to help me with homework. These guys helped me a lot and saved my time. I think such services are great for working students.

Last edited:

shadoejji

Waking up at 6 am every day just to get to school at 7 am and then feeling tired the whole day, it really took its toll on me in junior because I started doing less work and did so horrible that year lol (my declining mental health at the time also contributed to that), but it did get a little better in senior. The worse part is that it was a 15-20 min drive to school which also meant I didn't live close to my friends and therefore establish strong connections with people in school in general until high school (and even then it was pretty limited), and it was long days.

Oh and the obvious homework, just to make the day even longer (unless you did it in class or early)

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I was a very angry and stern student. I hide my feelings because I had so many issues happening back at home but I could not even say it since I was told to shut up about it by my teachers who was like "We don't want to hear about your problems". I was angry at everyone in the school. All the students were being noisy and the teachers were becoming more boastful and stubborn. I only cared about fishing my schoolwork and trying to get pass all of this nonsense. I did get straight A's but I didn't even care because I wanted to be done with this.

By the time I graduated back in May 2013 I felt nothing, just the feeling of "thank god this is over" and I didn't have to worry about doing this again. Needless to say the school really damaged me mentally and it didn't help that I had problems back at home but nobody seemed to care about me at the time. It was a dark moment for me thats for sure.

Last edited:

SummerHaze

homework is the hardest for me. I study programming now and I often apply to mycodinghomework service for coding assignment help. They helped a lot me with all my writings and save my time. I think it's a great option for working students.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.