• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you haven't done before that you do now and vice versa in Pokemon

ArceusAlpha493

Benevolent Creator
I used to not know about EVs until the fourth generation and in Diamond is when I started some EV training. From then on, it is a tradition for me to do so in the games. The same is for repels which I use mostly while on grss to wait until it rustles. Also, lately, I have started training more than just six pokemon on my team and I rotate and level them up evenly which I have not done before.

I've never not used my masterball before, but Black 2 is probably going to be a first since there's no roaming legendaries.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I've never not used my masterball before, but Black 2 is probably going to be a first since there's no roaming legendaries.
^This but with the Master Ball I got from Colress.
At this point there's really no one to use it on. :/

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I never bothered much with non-damaging moves or items that didn't increase damage somehow besides the Amulet Coin, but somehow in W2 I discovered the magic of Thunderwave + Electroball on my Magnezone (though I'd be keeping the former move anyway for the sake of catching things), as well as Big Root + Leech Seed on my Serperior.

IndigoAir

Myth Hunter
I never used to nickname my Pokemon, but now I try to always give my main team themed names. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, really.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I used to always buy Super Potions (when applicable, of course, like in between the second and fifth badges) and Max Repels until I learned that Lemonades and Super Repels are better deals.

Have you always used Repels but now stopped using them?

Why would anyone do that?

Soperman

The One and Only
^This but with the Master Ball I got from Colress.
And that's where legitly catching Legendaries with good IVs comes in :3

Besides that, EV training and trying to breed for decent IVs at least. Besides that, I don't really name my pokemon anymore, and I try to catch as many pokemon as I can now.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I used to always buy Super Potions (when applicable, of course, like in between the second and fifth badges) and Max Repels until I learned that Lemonades and Super Repels are better deals.

Why would anyone do that?

Because some are brave enough to face the endeavors of Tentacool.

ECM

I used to always try to avoid the trainers when I was younger. Now I make it a point to battle every trainer in the game.

Zachmac

I used to always try to avoid the trainers when I was younger. Now I make it a point to battle every trainer in the game.
The opposite for me, really. I'm far too impatient for that now, and because of this, I had to rely off flash, thunderwave, and swords dance to take out gym leaders/bosses. I also started using repel in B2W2 as well.
Perhaps not right now, but you've heard those stories about shiny Gravlers, haven't you?

Genos

TTYD
I never gave my pokemons any held items back then. But now I do in order to increase their performance in battles.

-Nator-

Never did competitive battling until Gen IV.

Never trained a full in-game team of Pokemon up until Gen IV. I'd always wreck the entire game with just the starter due to my impatience.

I would always train at least one Pokemon up to Level 100 without the assistance of Day Care or cheating device (until Gen III).

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Before fourth gen I made sure to battle trainers as soon as possible. Now that I EV train, I try to preserve as many trainers (exp)for my post-game/EV trained team.

Last edited:

Trainer10913

The Ninja
Same with me. When people said EVs, I assumed they were talking about Eevees. I didn't actually know about EVs until Gen V and that's when my team started actually becoming strong.

Plus in Diamond (the first Pokemon game I had), I used my Level 100 Starter ... as a HM Slave. I know, it's pretty stupid but I didn't have a clue about Pokemon in those days. Never again.

Unoin

I never used to use HM slaves, because I hadn't thought of the concept until I saw chuggaaconroy do it (I think it was him anyway). As a knock-on effect of that, I've been able to shorten my party Pokemon used in battles in-game to about 2 or 3, whereas I always used to use 6 evenly-trained Pokemon - which mean't I would be stuck at E4's for quite a while

Trainer10913

The Ninja
I TRY to not use Repels all the time but it gets to the point where you're exploring the Castelia Sewers when you realise you actually need repels to get through these places. Who hasn't used a repel in Castelia Sewers?

physi1

Who hasn't used a repel in Castelia Sewers?

The first time i explored it i needed the xp. after that it's just been going to the grass area or the relic passage which i only occasionally have to fight on grimer/zubat. however i don't know if this is because i usually have a level 100 at the front of my party.

my new big thing for gen five is dex completion. i'm getting sick of eggs not being produced