1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things you miss about the old Pokémon anime (early anime)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Emboar_Rulez, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

I also liked how no one was purely comedic relief in OS and that everyone could be the butt of a joke.

2. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Instead of just Ash.
    Yeah, I miss that too

wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  3. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

It had an energy, edginess, and emotion (and insanity) we haven't seen since. Oh, sometime they come close, or at least try, but it's just not the same. As well as some unique, interesting concepts.

4. Jibanyan

Jibanyan Well-Known Member

Lots of things posted here are more like "90s anime stuff" that you don't see in modern anime.

KenzeyEevee and lolipiece like this.
  5. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

That's the problem I have with Pokémon anime (and franchise in general), it follows the trends at cost of its own identity.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Particularly during SM from my viewpoint, where it followed a lot of cliches seen in other anime series like Yokai Watch for example. I don't like slice-of-life storytelling in general and prefer seeing more traveling involving the main cast, which is why I liked OS and the other older sagas a lot more.

Zoruagible and Ignition like this.
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Not to mention way too much gen 1 representation nowadays, at least it's somewhat exceptable currently with them being based there... but still.
    Too little gen 2/4/5 rep :/

wolf jani likes this.