• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you Miss from the Old Episodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Kamex

I don't miss Psyduck or Jigglypuff. They both got old for me. I just wish that Jigglypuff had a decent sendoff instead of just never coming back, but oh well...

I don't miss the hat or "who's that Pokemon" thing either. The hat thing was... pointless, really. And Japan doesn't even have a "who's that Pokemon" thing anymore. The dub had it a bit longer.

I was watching the Surge episode last night, and after some provocation, Ash went to punch Misty in the face. And not in the comical fashion either. I know Ash was a bit of a **** back then and all, but sheesh :p

I remember that. For a brief moment, Misty had a look of surprise on her face when Ash went to punch her. (Not a big look of surprise, but her smile went away...)

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
Ahhh...the old Pokemon. Brings back those good memories!

First off, I really miss the old team! Ash, Misty, and Brock...they were the greatest! Also I remember the times Jigglypuff would sing and write all over their faces. Lasty, I miss Team Rockets old motto! =D

Rave

Banned
I do miss how in Kanto the characters used to smack each other around.

Remember when Brock pounded Misty on the head in "Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village?" lol.

And then in another ep Misty kicks Brock in the face and the mark of her shoe is on him as he's lying on the floor.

The characters don't hit each other anymore, which was amusing.

Show could use more slapstick and really good humor.

Porygandrew

I miss the background slapstick like Pikachu's obsession with Ketchup in "Showdown at Dark City".

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
what i miss:
old dub voices
ash putting his hat back
kanto starters
the big pokemon island
totodile
random funny moments
gary(to hell with paul)
and totodile(i miss that little alligator)

Vexxin

Super Nerd
I miss a lot of things in the old days. The older episodes seemed more 'dodgy' and not quite as... sissy? In earlier episodes, they weren't too fazed about the concept of death. I can't remember the exact title of it, but it was the episode where this pokemon center located in this city was infested with all these Grimer and the power in the city was low, which meant that it was affecting the life support for the Pokemon, and they said "If we don't help them, those Pokemon are going to DIE." Fast forward to the present day, it's "If we don't do something, something really bad is going to happen. Oh noez!" There's no dramatic effect. Just... blah.

I also miss the days when Jessie and James crossdressed. I loved that.

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
Things I Missed From Old Episodes:
♥ Purin & it's cuteness when putting Satoshi and co. to sleep.
♥ When Satoshi turns his cap backwards whenever he battles or catches a pokemon.
♥ Satoshi's Bayleef (I loved that pokemon!)
♥ Satoshi putting his pokeballs on his belt (it seemed more realistic, now he just pulls them out of nowhere 0.o)

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Jigglypuff, Gary's arrogance and the real evil Team Rocket.

Xepko

I miss the formula utilized by the writers during the Kanto saga of the anime. The Kanto saga's episodes had a creative flair which brought livelihood to the show. Overall, I feel that the episodes from Kanto were more interesting and exciting than the episodes which have aired since the Orange Islands saga. The humor in the Kanto episodes was also more appealing and most of the Characters of the Day had well developed personalities as opposed to being stoic drones who require Ash to assist them.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Show could use more slapstick and really good humor.

unfortunately, I suspect that's one of the many things Pokemon lost as a result of trying to appeal to the rest of the world, what with Americans being uptight on violence and all.

I find the first seasons highly overrated, but if there's one thing I'll give them credit for, it's that they were intended for their native audience and not made with a global market in mind. Aside from the cultural flair, it made the show a bit more wacky and not quite unlike what you'd see in most comedy anime.

Some of the cel animation was also nicely stylistic back then, but that style managed to die down as Jouto dragged on, until it ultimately got replaced by computers... and despite making that transition, the show still looks like it doesn't want to move on from the cel days, resulting in a lot of very cheap-looking animation (some of which is just plain crappy under certain directors). Though some not-so-fluid animation wouldn't be so bad if the series were more comedic, but as the series moved along, a bit more emphasis has been placed on story. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think it really mixes well with the style of animation (well, at least sometimes they'll save important episodes for their good animators.... sometimes).

Poliwagged

It turned from a story about a kid aspiring to be a pokemon master, to a campy let's help people and travel story.

and the old ash had the balls to release his charizard, which i believe was the last real deep scene in pokemon

Rex Kamex

It turned from a story about a kid aspiring to be a pokemon master, to a campy let's help people and travel story.

All of that stuff has happened in both the old and new episodes.

Poliwagged

All of that stuff has happened in both the old and new episodes.

Yeah but back then, when ash traveled, his main goal was to be a pokemon master, and the random people just happened to be there.

Now I rarely hear him talking about being a pokemon master. he just goes around, battles random people with generic "POKEMON ARE OUR FRIENDZ BRO" interactions and then goes on his merry way. it's all just about the contests and blah blah blah now, imo.

And the newer Ash is too nice for his own good. What happened to the old hot tempered, immature, but-comes-through-in-the-clutch kid that we knew.

I'm aware they had to give him some character growth, but he's been 10 for 10+ years, and they honestly didn't have to change him into some goody two shoes pokemon preacher or something.

Brandnewgold

I missed some things in the 3rd episode when Ash tries to attack TR personally and James and Jessie flicks him sending him towards a tree.0.o TR was really strong. It was funny when TR stomped on Meowth for a bad comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.