• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you Miss from the Old Episodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Clair

I only miss stuff from Johto nowadays. I'm not really into Kanto nostalgia because I did it a while ago and realized how sick of it I was. I can't even watch the original opening because I've heard it so much.

However, since Johto wasn't constantly shoved down my throat, I'm able to appreciate it more.

Overall though, I'm happy where we are, with Shinji, the digital animation, DP and even [spoil]the HD[/spoil]

BlueDragonfangirl

Some times I miss the animation of the old series. And the humor they had, Meowth clawing Ash a few times. Wish they did that now, it was funny LOL. I don't miss Ash/Gary's rivalry it was funny at times but they matured and stuff so..I do miss Jiggly Puff and the way it put people to sleep, wish it stopped by one more time to put Dawn to sleep she'd be like "What the heck?" And Pipulp would be priceless. Of course Ash/Brock/TR/Pikachu are all use to it LOL. That's pretty much all I miss, I do like the newer animation still but yah. Also oh yah Ash voice when it changed I did miss his lowe voice it was funny, but than I got used to it. I miss his other voice too but I'm used to his new one now.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Ah, yes, the old episodes!!

First of all, I miss the Pokerap, Pikachu's Jukebox, and Pokemon Karaokemon, and I miss the old opening themes. I love every single theme that David Rolfe has sung! He was awesome! ^_^ (David Rolfe sang the themes for seasons 4 through 8)

But above all, what I miss the most are the original voices of the characters. Especially Veronica Taylor's Ash voice. Veronica always did an excellent job in every episode, and she made Ash who he is today. She gave him his soul!! <3333 Personally, Ash has never been the same to me, since Veronica was replaced. And the saddest part is that Veronica really wants to voice him again, too.... :(

Anyway, I also wanna say that, the old episodes to me, are filled with way more nostalgia than the current D/P episodes. Like most older fans, I grew up watching Pokemon and I really enjoyed watching the older seasons (of the 4Kids dub). I had so much fun watching Pokemon on KidsWB on the weekdays, after I came home from school! And of course, watching the new episodes on Saturday mornings was fun too! That was always an exciting event for me, watching the new episodes on Saturday mornings. <33

Pretty much I preferred the whole tone of the older series. The newer episodes just don't do much for me. Te show used to have an unintentional humor about it like it knew it's premise was ridiculous. Now it seems to take itself too seriously stripping itself of the charm it once had.
Yes, I completely agree with you!

Nowadays, the new episodes from D/P just don't have the same feeling to them that the old episodes have. And to be honest, I feel like something has been lost - the show's quality.

-I miss the way Veronica Taylor did Ash's voice in the older episodes.
Aww, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only fan out there who misses Veronica's Ash voice. ^_^

And here I was thinking that Veronica has been completely forgotten by the fandom. At least now, I know that isn't true.

Last edited:
gary(to hell with paul)

Completely agree.

I also miss, that hat thing Ash used to do
the "Who's that Pokemon" thing
I think the characters were funnier in the old episodes...
Team Rocket's old motto
Jigglypuff
and Ash's old voice

I really miss the old episodes :(

milenadrg

I miss good old fat Pikachu(it looked different at the first epsidoes), it's old personality and it's Ketchup. It maybe looks cuter now, but now, in newest episodes it doesn't even have personality... :(
I miss TR's good old motto, to. It was much cooler than DP one...

Darkxninga

Great topic!
The things I really miss are:
1. Ash turning his hat around throwing a pokeball or capturing a pokeball

2. Team Rockets old voices ( the new ones are horrible jessies is too high, james isnt funny and sounds like he has a bad cold, and Meowths voice is too harsh and awful )

3. Ashs old voice (best voice he had that matched him even when he laughed, his new laugh is awful ) and ash doing funny and dumb stuff.

4. Team rocket having more of a roll and screen time that was fun or interesting. (Instead of just team R showing up and then get beat and blast off and this random "transformer" machines they got going on. Its just not the same old team rocket that was funny)

5. James crossdressing

6. Pokemon battles and capturing ( the REAL way to catch and battle )

7. The fat Pikachu and when Pikachu has its own little moments. Pikachu made faces, shocked ash and etc, seen more of a lead pokemon. Now its just "there".

8. Adventures that were fun in the old pokemon

9. whos that pokemon? thing

10. Team rockets old motto with james rose without meowth having anything in it but "Me-owth thats right!" I hate "Meowth now thats a name!" the new motto sucks.

11. the good old openings of the show that wasnt fruity like the galatic battle ( very new one) theme ,that isnt pokemon at ALL.

12. the old pokemon

13. Rival battles and meeting the rival GARY was the best rival picking on ash with his fans in the car

14. when pokemon didnt have a scene when attacking like when pikachu uses thunderbolt they repeat this little "thunderbolt scene" when it jumps in air or charges then uses thunderbolt. same thing with piplup with bubblebeam and etc. ( Episode "aiding the enemy" proves my point) In the old episodes there wasnt anything like that it was just the good old battles that were interesting WITHOUT brock saying teverything that happens and what will happen.

15. Brocks old voice with more of a roll and better/more pokemon.

16. Team rocket rhyming and having "fantasys" less

17. I MISS MISTY T-T

Thats all. Theres alot I miss and Pokemon can be better than what it is in these days, the new ones. Im not saying its bad its okay JUST WISH piplup wasnt shown so much and dawn WOULDNT be holding piplup so much or using it in almost every episode, while her other pokemon rott like her little pachirisu. Piplups the new star instead of pikachu >_> ...Poor pika. And more pokemon battles and normal pokemon captures would be best. with more use of dawns OTHER pokemon.

THE CLASSIC POKEMON RULES AND CANT BE BEAT! >_<
-done- ;025; ;417;

Last edited:

iraqmaster

There's a lot of things that I missed in which a sdimple list can't be enough...

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
I'll just list a few of the things I miss. Misty, goofier tone, old theme song, old voices, and... Everything, I guess.

Tiigon

I liek mudkipz
- The old look of Pikachu. It looked really cute, though more fat.

- TR's old motto. To protect the world from devastation!

- James's old voice, it was much funnier than the new one.

- The good old non-mass-produced Pokémon.

Goldendays

If only....
Those were the days! I loved the show back then and a am disappointed with the show at the present. Things I enjoyed back in the day:

1. Ash

His old voice, 10 year old attitude, and funny actions. This kid made the show for me, and misty and brock enhanced his personality. One thing i thought was funny is dealing with his hat. I did like the cap-twist when battling, it made anything more epic than it already was. But that's not what i thought was funny. He made such a big deal about his hat in the Mankey episode, about how it was super rare and everything. Then he just tosses his "super-rare" hat for a normal one when going to another region. I mean, come on. Another big aspect was his excitement. He was totally into anything pokemon related and it made the show a whole lot more enjoyable. The caterpie episode is the best for showing his awesome personality. The excitement of his first capture, that cow-terpie joke, misty making fun of him! Good stuff, and one of the best moments in the show.

2. Brock and Misty

These two characters also put their own magic in the show. Misty has more personality then the other two girls combined. I loved her fear of bugs, and the way she would constantly put Ash down. The other two girls are too nice. It was also funny how she put Brock down too. Plus her interactions with Psyduck were classic as well.
Brock, why did you change so? He was always so smart and mature in the old show. He still is, but he doesn't have that gym-leader feel. It seemed like he couldn't make a mistake, and Ash looked up to him. I think they toned down the whole girl-obsessed thing, which was a very humorous part of him. But instead of mentor, Brock's only purpose in the show it to give Ash and Dawn food. It really pisses me off, because that is seriously the only thing you see him do. It started in Heoen and never stopped....

3. Pikachu

When coming out of its poke-ball for the first time, this was the cutest pokemon ever. Its awesome chubbiness is long forgotten, but i guess that's because it got older. I loved the personality of pikachu back then. The whole ketchup obsession and shocking Ash were two things i will never forget. The old show had pikachu interact with the other pokemon a lot more. Not in the fake friendly way like the show today, but doing random and hilarious things.
The pikachu nowadays has no personality at all and you know when he's gonna say that "pika-Pika" line. I mean there's like a million scenes with him and Ash on a hill, over looking a gym. "You ready Pikachu?" and then that line comes.....arg.....I loved when Ash would would to call pikachu out and pikachu when be randomly in a bed, OMG Ash's faces were priceless.

4. Team Rocket

These characters were so evil and awesome back then. They have been washed down so badly, they really shouldn't be called "evil" anymore. Jessie and James are so different from how they acted back then. I would even say the James came across as dominant to Jessie in those first few episodes. Meowth is pretty much the same, but i liked the old voice better.

5. Daily life

I liked the old episodes because of how real they seemed. Pokemon were mixed into everything, the architecture, decor, house-hold items. You would see pidgey's flying overhead and people using their pokemon for daily chores. It just gave the whole thing a more realistic atmosphere. I think the new show dimmed this down a bit.

6. The cartooniness

This is what made the show fun. The random, over-played emotions, misty beating Ash and Brock, pikachu's antics. New stuff is seriously lacking this.

7. Gary

I don't care what anyone says, Gary pwns Paul, as a character anyway! The way he would make fun of Ash was always so funny. Just everything about him made him an awesome rival:

1. Pro. Oak's grandson, reason to brag to Ash
2. He had his own Car! Does paul?
3. He had a fan club, which Ash and Brock were jealous of.
4. He was always WAY ahead of Ash, he even had badges from other regions before Ash was finished with the 8 kanto gym. Paul was ahead of Ash, but not by much.
5. He out caught Ash during Ash's "gonna catch'm all" stage, making Ash even more mad at him.
6. His electivire, who Gary didn't have for very long, beat Pikachu who Ash has had for his entire journey, and who Beat Regice.

Gary was an awesome rival for Ash. I'm not saying i don't like Paul, but he doesn't compare to the rivalry between Ash and Gary.

I could say many other things i miss, but i'm too lazy today....

Status
Not open for further replies.