• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things you Miss from the Old Episodes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

milenadrg

-Ash's old personallity. Sometimes I wish to see him with that personallity again, would be cool...
-Good old Team Rocket, they were much cooler at the begining, but how times had passed they became annoying...:(
-TR's Arbok and Weezing...
-Misty! The first (and best) main girl ever!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I can only think of 5 things so far...

1. Misty
2. Pidgeot
3. Team Rocket Grunts/Admins. We need to see more of them.
4. Johto
5. Brock's Vulpix

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I miss having things I could intelligently complain about, like constant releases, awful pacing, mundane fillers regularly, poor personalities, poor rivals, no development or evolutions, interrupted gym battles, pity badges, Lisa Ortiz, etc.

Nowadays, I have to make up stupid garbage like everybody else when I want to complain. Like no stock footage of a hat turning. Oh yeah, that sure was some badass technique of recycling the same piece of animation.

Rex Kamex

Yeah. The old episodes. They were the days, but we got to realize that things change, and all good things must come to an end.

Or change form, or arrive in the first place, depending on your perspective of things.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I miss Ash's Squirtle a LOT. Then May came along, and she had her Squirtle, but it was so....ugly! It's head was so oddly-shaped, and Ash's Squirtle made a much better cry.

I also miss everybody's old voice, especially James's. He actually sounds pretty wimpy now, and it just annoys me so much. Also, Meowth's, half the time he's talking so fast I can barely keep track with what he's saying.

I do miss the Jigglypuff, and how Ash would twist his hat around, and how the theme was actually decent with good singers, and how Ash would travel around with a girl his own age instead of 15-year-olds, and how Brock wasn't his second mom and actually had goals, but what I miss most of all is....

THE GOAL TO BECOME A POKEMON MASTER! That's what the show used to be all about, how Ash was going on his journeys and raising his Pokemon, and trying to "catch 'em all" and become a Pokemon master, but along comes Hoenn and now it's this crap about "wanting to be a hero".

There's just so much to miss, I feel like Pokemon really isn't all that worth watching anymore...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Sometimes, I just forget that Ash is wanting to become a Pokemon Master. I just enjoy watching the show now, like any other cartoon. Plus, I get to remembering what Ash wants to accomplish once the Pokemon Leagues arrive in the anime. Since they're the biggest part of the series to date. Same with the Grand Festivals. Also, DP's been going great with all the episodes to bring it up to the bigger events.

Plus, it might be nice one in a while for Ash to act like his old self. I kind of miss that humor when things go bad for him. (Like dressing up as a girl to get a Gym Battle)

Penguinist Trainer

I miss Misty and Psyduck. I like that pair better than Team Rocket with Wobbuffet. I am of course referring to how Misty would call out a pokemon and Psyduck appeared instead.

I do miss Misty as a character as well. She was one of my favorite gym leaders from the games. She's the reason water types became my favorites.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
THE GOAL TO BECOME A POKEMON MASTER! That's what the show used to be all about, how Ash was going on his journeys and raising his Pokemon, and trying to "catch 'em all" and become a Pokemon master, but along comes Hoenn and now it's this crap about "wanting to be a hero".

There's just so much to miss, I feel like Pokemon really isn't all that worth watching anymore...

What are you talking about? Ash is still doing the same Gym + league thing from the beginning, which is exactly what a Pokemon Master type goal is about.

There are now 493 Pokemon, of course Ash is not going to capture them all.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Only a collector would do that. Might not be 'cool' if Ash becomes a Pokemon Collector. Which he would never use most of them to battle/train.

Tom Nook

Feel free to browse
Tracey's Venonat.

I'm completely serious, that it hasn't been seen in 7 years is ridiculous. I'll never forget it's random inclusion in Pikachu's Rescue Adventure, amongst other moments of glory.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I miss the enjoyable character interaction between the protagonists that was had throughout the majority of the 'original trio's' run and early AG with Haruka and Masato, but that's about all. Pretty much everything has changed for the better.

Though if it counts as old, I'm really craving some Corphish and Harley screentime.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I do miss how in Kanto the characters used to smack each other around.

Remember when Brock pounded Misty on the head in "Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village?" lol.

And then in another ep Misty kicks Brock in the face and the mark of her shoe is on him as he's lying on the floor.

The characters don't hit each other anymore, which was amusing.

Squaaah

I miss random trainer battles! There were a fair few in Kanto and Johto. Ash only battles important characters now which gives the pokemon less chance to shine.

Zazie

So 1991
I miss:
Tsundere Misty
The less emphasis on pokemon battling
The more exxagerated character personalities
The theme song and pokerap
Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Charizard, Psyduck, Haunter, Muk and Goldeen

Pretty much I preferred the whole tone of the older series. The newer episodes just don't do much for me. Te show used to have an unintentional humor about it like it knew it's premise was ridiculous. Now it seems to take itself too seriously stripping itself of the charm it once had.

Bbran5

The older episodes were funny and had so many things that I liked, like Weezing, and Misty.

I remember episodes that I've watched years ago. They were the best.

I also like the songs that were after the show like 2BA Master and What Kind of Pokemon Are You.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The characters don't hit each other anymore, which was amusing.

I was watching the Surge episode last night, and after some provocation, Ash went to punch Misty in the face. And not in the comical fashion either. I know Ash was a bit of a **** back then and all, but sheesh :p

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I miss not having a site to go to in which I was expected to analyze everything intelligently, instead of just enjoy the parts that I liked. XP

Having said that, I would say how I miss joke pokemon like jigglypuff, psyduck and the like, but then I remembered that I might not actually like that joke if it was kept up so long.

Oh, but you know what I miss? When Jessie didn't always have one pokemon above James. That five-pokemon-plus-meowth rule sorta bugs me.

And like catzeye, I must say, I did enjoy being rewarded for my long day of educational labour by being able to watch Pokemon straight after.

Status
Not open for further replies.