• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things You Would Change

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Allow us to Wonder Trade (on this topic burn the phrase “Surprise Trade”) Pokemon from our party. We could do this in Gen 6/7 but not here? Dumb!

I don't see the point in having a pokemon you plan on Wonder Trading in your party to begin with. I think that's likely why it was removed, especially with the Pokémon Box being added.

Bus

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don't see the point in having a pokemon you plan on Wonder Trading in your party to begin with. I think that's likely why it was removed, especially with the Pokémon Box being added.
People breed stuff.

Said stuff is hatched in party. People would WT said stuff after.

Convience!

Bhan

Add minigames to camping that multiple people can play (Like Fire Red and Leaf Green minigames.)

Add more mythical pokemon to catch in the post-game. This is probably the weakest end game outside of gen 1, even gen 1 had more legendary's to catch.

More Battle facilities. The Battle Tower is okay, but it'd be more fun with several different playstyles. Why can't we have another Battle Frontier? It'd be epic seeing it again in 3d.

And lastly, i guess a 4 player dungeon would be cool. Lots of weak raid battles leading up to a huge one with rare or otherwise unobtainable pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
My main problems with the game have been online tbh, just the difficulty of finding people to join your raids. Oh and having a bit more content in each of the cities.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
One thing I would change is remove the Eviolite item from the game because not only does it make certain Pokemon more annoying than most fully evolved OU staples, I also believe it's lore-breaking that unevolved Pokemon at their strongest could be stronger than their final evolution at their strongest and this is lore-breaking for me because, the strongest version of a Pokemon is supposed to be it's final evolution, not the stage before it.

Orphalesion

Why would you spend all that time hatching a pokemon you're not even going to keep?

Several Pokemon just take a few minutes to hatch and breed. I've been hatching, breeding and surprise-trading Galarian Corsolas, they are relatively difficult to get during a playthrough so I hope people will like them and surprise trading helps filling my Pokedex.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Honestly this is overall my favorite main series game so far but the two big things I would change are:

make all pokemon playable through pokemon home. I think it's pretty clear Gamefreak had immense pressure to get the game out when they did to sell more consoles for christmas. It's just part of the industry but the game is actually good enough I can overlook this which is pretty incredible.

make G-Max obtainable for bred pokemon through G-max candy. (you could only get G-max candy from G-Max raids still making it pretty rare)

I guess a third is improve online play for random player encounters. Kind of missing the GTS but nintendo is historically bad at designing multiplayer online features so it didn't really catch me off guard. would be nice if they fixed wild area lag too. Makes hatching eggs online kind of annoying which is disappointing.

- I would make sure it was optional if I wanted to go two gloved or single gloved uniform (who honestly wears a single glove?)

Here's a big one: Michael Jackson. he's famous for it.
two: ask any pro golfer.
three: ask any baseball player

regarding sports this makes sense that a pokemon trainer would only need one glove to get a better grip on your pokeball throwing arm leaving your other hand unhindered. I would rather be able to choose left or right handed rather than 1 or 2 gloves, if I only got one of those.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I would bring back Inverse,triple,rotation, sky,and battle royale.I would make them online game modes and I think players would enjoy having many modes to choose from.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Why would you spend all that time hatching a pokemon you're not even going to keep?

so what exactly was your first pokemon game? Breeding fodder is a thing and its the best stuff you can get from a wonder trade/suprise trade. Depending on the pokemon it can take up to 500 eggs to get the one you want and the other 499 can be sent away in wonder trade for nice suprises.

I’ll just comment on the Pokémon.

While I really like all of this gen’s designs I think having more dual types would have been better.

For example we only have one Poison type in the Toxel line (I’m not counting G Weezing coz it’s always been poison ever since) which could have been easily fixed if they made the Silicobra line part Poison.

We only have two new Flying Type line as well (Rookidee line and one stand-alone Cramorant)

Not counting the starter, we only have two options for new Fire Types. I think adding the Fire Type to Copperajah would still work with it’s design (the thing literally has magma patterns on its head and can even learn Heat Crash)

Given how we only get a low number of Pokémon since Gen 6, I think having at least 3 representatives for each type should be the standard.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
so what exactly was your first pokemon game? Breeding fodder is a thing and its the best stuff you can get from a wonder trade/suprise trade. Depending on the pokemon it can take up to 500 eggs to get the one you want and the other 499 can be sent away in wonder trade for nice suprises.

Started with Gen 2.

I know about breeding fodder; my question was more rhetorical. I've never understood the hype surrounding mass breeding and shiny hunting and all that jazz. Just seems like way too much time invested into something so inconsequential.

Ya might as well ask that to every shiny breeder in existence and similar folks when they get duds in their breeding projects. Stuff folks have no use for in the games become fodder for trades.

I do. I still don't get it. I guess I don't need to. Hasn't made sense to me in the last 20 years, won't make sense to me anytime soon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I haven't gone too far into sword but I don't think they have a berry dyeing option for white clothing.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I never understood why when you are in a max raid battle you don’t have a backpack.I don’t know why they removed it.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
GTS should be in the game. Idk why they removed it since it’s been in the game ever since Gen 4 (but so was the tradition of including all previous Gen Pokémon since Gen 2 and we all know what happened to that).

There should be a flying animation when you use the Flying Taxi. Why is this the first game without any animation for it? If they want to streamline and make the game faster, just make it skip-able.

I believe there should also be an animation for the train. So far, it’s just like Sun and Moon’s ferry that you only see animations during story cut scenes when going to a new area. But afterwards, you never see them ever again. I miss Gen 2 Magnet Train animation.

Why is the PC not touchscreen in undock mode when the Switch does have a touchscreen undock mode?

Also it’s been shown many times that we have a Rotom phone which functions very similarly to a smartphone. It’s able to take pictures and browse through news. So why can’t we play with it? Where are our apps besides the Pokédex and town map?

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ya might as well ask that to every shiny breeder in existence and similar folks when they get duds in their breeding projects. Stuff folks have no use for in the games become fodder for trades.
And stuff others can use to breed from.

I bred a Chespin for someone playing X version for example, since it's really hard to find a fair trade in terms of getting starters on the GTS. So taking a bit to hatch something isn't a big deal.

@Ohshi Supposedly it's to help stop hacking and cloning, but that still happens via Wonder Trade (on SM and USUM).

Wow. Really? That's disappointing. Maybe they just didn't have the time to add one in. Hope that gets fixed in the new set of games.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'd like to see them figure out a way to scale the pokemon more accurately during battles and in camp. It really breaks your immersion when you approach an overworld pokemon and when the battle starts it's suddenly half the size it was before.