• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thinking that it's a legendary

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
Everyone had it as a kid, he/she encountered an absol or altaria and thought it was a legendary and got over excited.
This topic is about those things, did you ever mistake a pokemon for a legendary? Who was it? Why did you think it?

DarthVader

No, for better or worse I had already watched quite a bit of the show/collected the cards/had "The Official Pokemon Trainers Guide" before I played the game.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
No, for better or worse I had already watched quite a bit of the show/collected the cards/had "The Official Pokemon Trainers Guide" before I played the game.

Yeah, it was pretty much this. I'm sure anyone here can agree that we all thought Arcanine was a Legendary at one point because of the species name, but that's about it. Wait, no, I once thought Unown were Legendaries because of the movie. Imagine my disappointment.

Now if we could get that one rare person who hadn't gotten into the games because of the anime or didn't use any guides, that'd be great.

cheeseman13

ruler of cheese
i didnt know latias was a legandary and i killed it

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I never knew the Regis were legends so I chose to let them slide. No wonder my friend has been nagging about them all the time, and to think they were indeed legends.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I didn't think it was a legendary, but that moment when Absol first comes out of the grass... I spent three hours after that with like 30 ultraballs trying to find it again.

They're so common in B/W that I didn't feel that excitement, but hnnng, finding it in Sapphire...

That's the closest to thinking something was legendary for me.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I thought your starter was a legend, as you can only get one. Then I learnt that legends don't evolve or breed.

(Unless you're Manaphy)

And I thought Ditto was a legend, due to breeding with nearly everything.

Then I found out it was just a common *****...

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
Bidoof! Just joking.
Arcanine and volcarona seemed like a legends to me.
And also Manaphy and Phione and Rotom.

Last edited:

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
They are legendary Pokémon, except for Rotom.
Exactly. The status of the other two ones, specially Phione, is disputed.
However, I was also one of the ones that really tought Rotom was a legendary. The same thing applies to Volcarona.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Volcarona and Rotom, definitely.

Before I got into BW I thought Volcarona was legendary, later I learned about its pre-evolution. And first I thougth Absol was, because of it's apperance in the anime intro. I think it was even more central than Lati@s in the intro.

Even today, me and some of the people at my school are debating whether Rotom is a legend or not. Guess which side of the debate is winning?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Mh... As far as I can remember, I thought Rotom and Spiritomb were legendaries. For Rotom, it took me some time to know the truth, and for Spiritomb, I thought it was weird to see Cynthia, the champion, having a legendary Pokémon with her.
As for Phione's case, I still think it's a legendary Pokémon. But Phione's status is still discussed, so I can't tell if I think or I know if Phione is a legendary.

Last edited: