1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking that it's a legendary

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by cantavanda, Jun 10, 2013.

1. cantavanda

cantavanda Blue Rose Princess

Everyone had it as a kid, he/she encountered an absol or altaria and thought it was a legendary and got over excited.
    This topic is about those things, did you ever mistake a pokemon for a legendary? Who was it? Why did you think it?

2. DarthVader

DarthVader Well-Known Member

No, for better or worse I had already watched quite a bit of the show/collected the cards/had "The Official Pokemon Trainers Guide" before I played the game.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Yeah, it was pretty much this. I'm sure anyone here can agree that we all thought Arcanine was a Legendary at one point because of the species name, but that's about it. Wait, no, I once thought Unown were Legendaries because of the movie. Imagine my disappointment.

Now if we could get that one rare person who hadn't gotten into the games because of the anime or didn't use any guides, that'd be great.

4. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

When Lucario was relesed to the world I thought it was a legendary. Mainly beacause it Debuted in the Movie with Mew; and up intill than all new pokemon in main pokemon film were legendary.

5. cheeseman13

cheeseman13 ruler of cheese

i didnt know latias was a legandary and i killed it

6. ☭Azimuth_055☣

☭Azimuth_055☣ Thou enraged?

I never knew the Regis were legends so I chose to let them slide. No wonder my friend has been nagging about them all the time, and to think they were indeed legends.

7. supersmew

supersmew Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ

I used to, and still do, treat Manaphy and Phione and Rotom as legendaries.

8. mtqc

mtqc MY BEANS!

I didn't think it was a legendary, but that moment when Absol first comes out of the grass... I spent three hours after that with like 30 ultraballs trying to find it again.

They're so common in B/W that I didn't feel that excitement, but hnnng, finding it in Sapphire...

That's the closest to thinking something was legendary for me.

9. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Back in R/B i thought clefairy were a one off inside mt moon. The guide i had said something along the lines of "you might only find one in your entire journey through mt moon" so i took it literally.

10. MidnightFennekin

MidnightFennekin Furfrou Fanatic

I thought your starter was a legend, as you can only get one. Then I learnt that legends don't evolve or breed.

(Unless you're Manaphy)

And I thought Ditto was a legend, due to breeding with nearly everything.

Then I found out it was just a common *****...

11. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I thought Volcarona was a legendary. I guess it's 'cuz you find him at the Relic Castle, all alone. Heh.

12. pokemonmaster99325

pokemonmaster99325 pokemon master!!!!

Bidoof! Just joking.
    Arcanine and volcarona seemed like a legends to me.
    And also Manaphy and Phione and Rotom.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  13. cantavanda

cantavanda Blue Rose Princess

Wait... you say those aren't legends?

14. Akwakwak

Akwakwak Chu Chu Yeah!

They are legendary Pokémon, except for Rotom.

15. Janice Quatlane

Janice Quatlane helloooo ladies

Ah, Rotom.

Bashing on the TV... I thought I was on a legendary hunt.

Boy, I was disappointed.

16. TheOriginalOne

TheOriginalOne オリジナル

Exactly. The status of the other two ones, specially Phione, is disputed.
    However, I was also one of the ones that really tought Rotom was a legendary. The same thing applies to Volcarona.

17. Frost Mage

Frost Mage <3 Heavenly~

Volcarona and Rotom, definitely.

18. Before I got into BW I thought Volcarona was legendary, later I learned about its pre-evolution. And first I thougth Absol was, because of it's apperance in the anime intro. I think it was even more central than Lati@s in the intro.

19. Zidshinsin

Zidshinsin Member

Even today, me and some of the people at my school are debating whether Rotom is a legend or not. Guess which side of the debate is winning?

20. Everlasting

Everlasting Bright but faded.

Mh... As far as I can remember, I thought Rotom and Spiritomb were legendaries. For Rotom, it took me some time to know the truth, and for Spiritomb, I thought it was weird to see Cynthia, the champion, having a legendary Pokémon with her.
    As for Phione's case, I still think it's a legendary Pokémon. But Phione's status is still discussed, so I can't tell if I think or I know if Phione is a legendary.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013