• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thinking that it's a legendary

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Seeing that I didn't really start playing Pokemon until last year...

No, never really happened to me. I have been informed incorrectly of a legendary Pokemon's typing though (friends said Lugia was Water/Flying, no no, Bulbapedia said it was Psychic/Flying)

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
My brother thought Absol was a Legendary so he caught in the Master Ball. Pokemon Movies trick everyone.

Well back then I didn't knew what legendaries were. But I didn't watch the anime yet or anything. So I was playing Blue and the little instruction book said "some pokemon can only be encountered once", hinting at the 3 birds and mewtwo, but it had random pictures on the page of a zubat, an abra and a ponyta. Probably just for decoration.

Anyways, I thought they meant those 3 pokemon so when I reached Mt. Moon and encountered a Zubat I was really excited.
Until I took another step after that battle.

Regality

Digital King
...is spiritomb a legendary?

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
...is spiritomb a legendary?
No. The legendaries from Sinnoh are Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Regiggas, Cressalia, Manaphy, Phione (disputed), Shaymin, and Arceus.

If I missed any let me know.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
When i first started (like, 5 years ago) I used to think that Arcanine was a legendary. Being called "the Legendary Pokemon" in it's Pokedex entry, i thought it was literal. I've learned better though, heh.

NeutralForce

#YOLOSWAG
I always thought that shinies were legendaries. They looked cool, I guess. :S

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer

telivisionhead

Bidoof! Just joking.
Arcanine and volcarona seemed like a legends to me.
And also Manaphy and Phione and Rotom.

Yeah Volcarona does seem pretty legendary, UNTIL YOU FIND OUT HE IS AN EVOLVED FORM!!!
Also Moltres wasnt even supposed to be in the legendary bird trio, Arcanine was but it was weird having a dog and 2 birds. Even though i thought Arcanine was a legendary pokemon and Growlithes were always with Officer Jennys.
Rotom does seem legendary with his forms changing.

I thought Missingno was a legendary and M was too. DAMN GLITCH POKEMON MYTHS!!!
Also thought Zoroark was a legendary at first since in white/black you needed a shiny event suicune/entei/raiku to get it. Then I found out that it wasnt and in black 2/white 2 YOUR GET A ZORUA HANDED OVER TO YOU FOR FREE!!!

What the heck is Missingno?

They're glitch pokemon that appear in most games. Although I think you can't encounter them nowadays without hacking.
But back then in Red/Blue, you could encounter both Missingno. and 'M via a famous glitch.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Rotom does seem legendary with his forms changing.

Nah, it's not the form-changing that makes it seems legendary, since the form changing is introduced in Plat, and Rotom existed ever since D/P.

It's the fact that in D/P/Pt there's only one Rotom in the game, which is similar to Legendaries, and for whatever reason the Legendary theme song plays when you encounter it.

i thought mewtwo was legendary

....it IS a legendary.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I'm still confused whether Rotom is a legendary or not, until I checked the list and... It's a negative.

The legendary battle song plays whenever encountered, no less.

Ditto B1tch

I never mistaked a Pokemon with a legendary. It's quite simple to detect whether a Pokémon is a legendary or not: if you normally found it in the grass, it cannot be a legendary.

grenwood

i didnt know latias was a legandary and i killed it
i can one up you. i knew it was a legendary, but i killed it by accident. then i soft reset my gbasp thinking it would be in the same spot. i found out later that its completely random and once you see it you can track it with the pokedex which i had just screwd up by restarting. i never saw that latias again...