• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thinking that it's a legendary

Firebrand

Indomitable
I thought Rotom, being a one-off, overworld encounter with a sorta backstory was a legendary. I mean, it does sort of fit the criteria.

Gampi

ガンピ
When I first played Sapphire I thought Abra was legendary and super powerful because it kept teleporting when I was trying to catch it, so when I obtained the Master Ball I surfed all the way back to Granite Cave just to catch one.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Maybe Rotom? and Phione...
because I do recall using a cloned Masterball on Rotom.

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
When I first played Sapphire I thought Abra was legendary and super powerful because it kept teleporting when I was trying to catch it, so when I obtained the Master Ball I surfed all the way back to Granite Cave just to catch one.
:(
I still have a difficult time comprehending the fact that Rotom is not a legendary. How exactly Phione does not count as one, I have no idea. Because egg? I don't know, don't really care either.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
:(
I still have a difficult time comprehending the fact that Rotom is not a legendary. How exactly Phione does not count as one, I have no idea. Because egg? I don't know, don't really care either.

Rotom due to common use outside of Battle Facilites.

Phione is a Legend (albeit disputed sometimes).

With the Egg Logic, the Creation Trio and Manaphy shouldn't be Legendaries either.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
When I was a kid, I thought Dragonite was a legendary. That was stupid.

LizardonX

Banned
As a rule if it doesn't have a large overworld sprite with fancy music or obtained through an event it aint legendary.

Xerneltal

Sonic aficionado
Like pretty much everyone else, I thought Rotom was a legendary.

You wouldn't believe how many people back in 4th grade thought Lucario was a Legendary. I even tried to explain that Lucario wasn't a legendary, but the truth was denied. Every. Single. Time.

telivisionhead

Zoroark and all starters. Well in black and white zoroark was an event and u had to have 3 shiny legendary beasts, entei,suicune,raiku to just BATTLE IT!
All starters,you can only choose one as your partner and can't get another unless by trade.

telivisionhead

Some kids think Charizard is a legendary. Wait until I show them that it evolves for Charmeleon who evolves from charmander and charmander is a starter. Wait I used to think starters were legendary pokemon......
Lucario. I think in a pokemon movie a lucario could talk. Lucario are apparently "rare" too.
Dratini,Dragonair,Dragonite.
Look at their pokedex entries saying they are rare. Take forever to evolve into Dragonite. Dragonite is a beast to, I even found a level 70 Dragonair and being lazy I put rare candy on it and instant dominashion and win.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
My brother used to think Absol was a legendary. I was a little skeptical about it myself, but I soon found many reason why it wasn't.

Xionea

Half a centaur
The only Pokemon I've ever mistaken to be a legendary would be the Unown. (actually, I just began to question them last month) When they played such a huge role in the 3rd movie, I kind of assumed they were legendaries. I was only like 8 or so when it first came out.

What made me think the Unown weren't legendaries? When I realized you get them SO early in the 2nd Gen games and that you can get a limitless amount of them, I finally began to question it. It's actually a hard thing to accept after like 7-8 years.

Surprisingly, I never thought that Rotom and Lucario were legendaries (like a lot of people did). My reasoning for Rotom = "It just doesn't LOOK like a legendary despite only one in the game and the legendary music"

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
I remember when I was younger I thought Shinx and Budew was a legendary. I remember playing Pokémon Diamond when I was 9, those were the years I learned what Pokemon is. I also remember going on a wild goose hunt for both of them in the beginning of the game, and it turns out they were common when I caught them. At least it got me to level up my Pokémon when I K.O. a few Starlies before encountering them Shinx and Budew.

xXCobalionXx

Cobalion. Yeah.
On a related sort of note, I used to think Lucario was a legendary. He isn't because he has a pre-evolutionary form. Phione...I'm sorry, but it is not a legendary.