• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thinning the Hoard! (457)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Hang on… at the start of the battle, Eevee and Munchlax ran full force into Wigglytuff while it was inflated, and they bounced right off. Now, Munchlax Focus Punches Wigglytuff while it was inflated, and it’s a knock out?
Its different becuase May aimed the shadow ball and solar beam at the roof to come things crashing down on wigglytuff so it lost its inflation.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ghost master said:
Its different becuase May aimed the shadow ball and solar beam at the roof to come things crashing down on wigglytuff so it lost its inflation.
It didn't lose it's inflation. All Haruka did was use the blast from the attacks to force Pukurin-chan downwards. It was still inflated as it plummeted towards the field.

K

---Kyogre007---

I really loved this episode. Everybody made fantastic appeals. Harley's Wigglytuff is awesome and evil just the way Harley is. Cacturne's faint was kinda cheap. The most interesting question is who's gonna win - May or Drew? I think Drew.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I just watched this episode, i think all has been said about this
episode in a way, but i have some things to ponder about...

- Squirtle,s weird little shockwave, and after that about to use a attack, it might be uber-squirtle learning to use Hydro Pump/Water Pulse?
- Combusken burning redhot, pretty interesting. For god sake writers, let that red/orange fried chicken evolve into Blaziken! Drew has a Absol and a Flygon while May has to put up with Eevee,s and Squirtles. -.-''
- Aipom hitting our favorite mouse with a powerful Iron Tail, Ash' second attempt at catching Aipom? This is it boys, girls and purple monkey haters, Ash must catch that hat-bandit once and for all!

Baby_Biyomon

cute little bird
if Combusken does evolve Drew better kiss his butt goodbye.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Finally saw the episode myself, it was very enjoyable.

Its clear that there is much better pacing in this GF than the previous one. The appeals were all compact and did not take up a lot of time, (unlike the whole confused Skitty that took like 5 minutes from the Hoenn GF), and they were well done.

Its always nice to have a little character interaction, and the Drew/Absol scene did just that. I like the fact that Drew can magically change from a nice guy to an a-hole on a whim, good god. Too bad I can't understand Japanese, I'd probably enjoy the scenes with Ash/Brock talking to Drew more.

The Ash/Aipom thing was very short also, why do people make a big deal out of this? Far more time was spent on teaching Snorunt how to do Ice beam, the whole Aipom thing was less than a minute.

As for the May/Harley battle, I again don't see the problem. Most of the Contest matches ARE the same length as this. Cacturne may have went down a little too quickly, but they obviously wanted Wigglytuff to take center stage. I LMAO'd when Wiggly knocked Munchlax's and Eevee's heads into one another! Here's hoping Harley sticks around next saga, his battles are always fun to watch.

I also like it that we caught a tiny bit of Drew and Saori's other matches. It reminds us that they're beating other opponents on screen.

I wasn't expecting May/Drew to battle in this episode, but so far so good. Flygon and Absol seem quite unbeatable, so I don't see how May can pull off beating him. At the most, she should be able to take down at least one of his Pokes, (I assume Combusken's Blaze will allow her to do that), but I hope Drew wipes the floor with her after that.

Pretty good episode. Just seems to me like people want to whine just for the hell of it. Ha, I remember how much the Hoenn league and Hoenn GF were bashed too, and despite some rushing, they were fantastic. Sometimes I think the Pokemon fandom likes WHINING about the episodes more than actually enjoying them.

HoennMaster

True, I enjoyed the episode and the battle was great. Wigglytuff is one cool pokemon with Harley and suits him perfectly. I really hope Aipom gets caught next time!

Medea

Excalibur
*singing*...akaku nijimu, taiyou wa subete o

Whoa, where the hell did that come from? Um, never mind my weird life and what I listen to when watching the screenshots of very good contest episodes.

I saw this episode last night. As usual, am very disappointed about Harley losing for the...um...4th time to May. Thank the great, good Lord that her baby puke bucket Squirtle was not in that battle. But if that little wretch wins against Drew's pokemon, that thing dies *gets weapon of choice ready* Although, I will say this, Harley's face was just too funny for words when he lost again to May. Next off, Psycho Drew! It didn't seem as bad as the girls in the Drew Club and Contestshipping threads made it out to be. Though I have never seen Drew this way so that's still up for debate. Great to see the little cameos by Ogata and Wakana *chuckles a bit* Another thing, I may hate Aipom now, but when he had Ash's hat and is torturing the crap out of him, was way too funny. Haha Ash! Looks forward to seeing next week's episode and is hoping that it won't be a total Deja Vu trip.

Now if I may continue...

*singing*...motto ima ijou ni, hadaka ni natte

Geodude

CyberCubed said:
Pretty good episode. Just seems to me like people want to whine just for the hell of it. Ha, I remember how much the Hoenn league and Hoenn GF were bashed too, and despite some rushing, they were fantastic. Sometimes I think the Pokemon fandom likes WHINING about the episodes more than actually enjoying them.
Hear, hear. That is so true.

Can we just...not whine? It can't be that hard.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
I'll stop whining when Satoshi and Haruka stop pulling Dues ex Machinas to win their matches... EVERY SINGLE TIME. (Okay, not every single time. But alot of times. >_>)

I like Wigglytuff. I was kinda off-put by how cute it was at first, but it looks sortof cool now. As long as he doesn't have anymore cutsie pokemon like it. (No Chancey, Clefairy...) then I'm fine.

I love Harley, though. I like how he acts all "OMG CUTSEYGAY" but you can tell he just HATES stuff like that. He's very multi-layered and interesting. =3 (And then of course there's his whacky antics :p) He's seriously the only reason I keep watching the show.

Last edited:
Fire Blast? Is there any attack Octan can’t do?
Let me check, nya...it can't learn any Electric attacks, or any other HMs besides the Water ones.:p But you are right--Octillery is one elemental swiss army knife of a Pokémon. I mean, they call it OcTILLERY for a reason!XD

I know lots of people already hate Aipom, but I thought it was adorable in this episode, just sitting on Ash's shoulder enraptured by the battle.
Me too--the main characters' Pokémon are usually better looking, so I'm not that surprised that Aipom was showing a different expression for a change...and a cute one at that!^_^

Last edited:

Anaya

Synthesis
Yea I just think it's cool that May would have a rival! I just don't like him! He is so rude getting into other peoples' bussiness!

Wrong, Octillery can learn Thunder Wave via breeding.
Well, that makes up for being slow as a Magcargo.:p But I was pretty much saying it can't BoltBeam. It can learn all the other beam attacks though, just not Thunderbolt(or Shock Wave, or Thunder). I mean, it even gets SEISMIC TOSS via Move Tutor. Makes me thing about training one of these underused things.:D

Last edited:

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
One of the best things was when Wigglytuff jumps and cacturne sneaks from behind to fire an poison sting, following it up with an needle arm! Very Cool!!!

I have to side with Geodude and CyberCubed on this. I complain about a lot of things in the animé, but I don't see the bloody problem with Aipom =/ Would you rather it be a Skarmory? Arcanine? Venusaur? Of all the Pokémon they could've chosen, I'm quite happy with Aipom. Everyone here always seems to complain about how undershowcased certain Pokémon are, and now, when we get one of the most shafted Pokémon in history, people are complaining and wishing it would die. Hypocrisy, seriously.

As with most people, the only problem I have with this episode is Eevee using its tail as a springboard. Munchlax just weighs a little too much =/ And they could've waited for Wigglytuff to come closer too, I'd imagine. No need for that ._. Oh well.

And yeah, after being blasted into the air from a powered up attack and falling a great height, I can hardly blame Cacturne for being KO'd. I think I'd probably take more offense to it surviving, tbh. However, I suppose it would've been nice to see Cacturne do a little more in its short time onscreen =/ Oh well.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Geodude

Good point about the fall, I never thought of that. The fall was what caused a good part of the damage when Ash's Grovyle beat Winona's Altaria, same thing here. Those people who are complaining never even took that into consideration.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I have to side with Geodude and CyberCubed on this. I complain about a lot of things in the animé, but I don't see the bloody problem with Aipom =/
It's very very very very very very very very very annoying.

Jo-Jo said:
It's very very very very very very very very very annoying.

Expound =/ So it steals Ash's hat. That's not exactly a common occurrence. And as someone said before, it's not like it's detracting from May's/Harley's/Drew's screentime in the GF.

And besides, it's Aipom. The last time Aipom did something of merit was in the third movie, IIRC. It's good to see some underused Pokémon getting some attention, Trozei advertisement or not.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion