• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thinning the Hoard! (457)

I hope Ash catches Aipom. That Pokemon is just too cute to let go.

Well, here's hoping that May wins this Grand Festival!

Was I the only one that got a chuckle when Ash said "crazy Pokemon!" after failing to catch Aipom? I don't know why I found that a bit funny...

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. Wigglytuff's ability to expand its body and bounce attacks back was really cool to see. Munchlax and Eevee vs Cacturne and Wigglytuff was a very cool battle. It was interesting to see Ash fail to catch Aipom in this episode after trying to catch it. Absol's 2nd appeal was so cool. It was cool to see Munchlax used in the 2nd appeal. Wigglytuff is 1 tough-looking Pokemon, especially with that odd look on its face. It was odd to see Wigglytuff lose its balance, and May taking advantage of it. Interesting how Eevee knocked out Cacturne with Shadow Ball.

80/100

Vernikova

Champion
P. cool Wigglytuff. It's too bad that they're rushing through the entire Grand Festival but the writers make bad decisions anyway so I suppose it isn't surprising.

NPT

Just a member
Meh, This episode was not so good. Only good parts in this episode were when Aipom stole Ash's hat and he's trying to get it back.
Other than that, it's just Drew throwing a fit which annoyed me. May and Harley's battle was good though.

Last edited:
I'm just now noticing that the five minute countdown starts even before the two co-ordinators send out there Pokemon.
You'd think they'd send they're Pokemon out first, that way they utilize, if they end up dragging the battle out that long, every last second of the five-minute time frame.

Just a small observation I had, that's all.

JudySpell

Banned
Drew seemed more cold than usual here even though his Absol did well in the appeal round. Harley's Wigglytuff looked wicked and I luved it. 8.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought that Drew's appeal with Absol was his best ever and him getting angry with May seemed out of character. I liked how scary Harley's Wigglytuff was, but him losing was inevitable. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I actually really liked this one. Drew was a complete jerk in this episode to me, but of course it was settled afterwards. I felt sorry for May when she got yelled at. My favorite part was when Solidad was talking with May and Max and same goes with Ash, Drew, and Brock. <3

Alloutℯ

Banned
The dynamics between May, Drew, Harley, and Solidad are very interesting. The characters have such good chemistry with each other, being rivals and everything. Yeah, that pretty much made this episode for me.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The dynamics between May, Drew, Harley, and Solidad are very interesting. The characters have such good chemistry with each other, being rivals and everything. Yeah, that pretty much made this episode for me.

All of them had good interactions for sure, except Harley with Solidad IMO, though that's likely due to them not knowing each other much. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was very delighted with Harley's Okutank's fiery Appeal, but once again I felt that Haruka had the weakest Appeal. Shuu brushing aside Musashi's interview attempt was humorous, and seeing Satoshi chat with Shuu by the lake was wonderful. Haruka versus Harley felt like déjà vu, but I liked Harley's new Pukurin. Gonbe and Eievui had amazing teamwork, too.

Daizy

I call you honey
I wonder why May's big Contests like this one always have cameos from all her old rivals for no reason. Aipom messing with Ash in the stands was surprising, especially after his failed capture.

Ash tries to catch Aipom and Aipom starts getting interested in contests here. The writers definitely knew what they were doing with that little monkey: planning to give it to Dawn from the very beginning.
May vs Harley was meh and May vs Drew looks great so far