• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Third D/P Game

What Do You Think The New D/P Game Will Be?

• Topaz

Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Opal

Votes: 70 66.0%
  • Amethyst

Votes: 12 11.3%
  • WhiteGold

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tourmaline

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • MoonStone

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
wow...didnt know that lol. but my first point still stands with giratina, though i dont really see why they'd make him the cover piece when we can already catch him, unless we catch him in his origin form.

Rayquayza was catchable in R/S, it just had a major role in Emerald.
They did the same with Suicune and Crystal.
So they can do the same with Giratina, Cresellia, or one of the legendary trio, like they did with Suicune.

Rayquayza was catchable in R/S, it just had a major role in Emerald.
They did the same with Suicune and Crystal.
So they can do the same with Giratina, Cresellia, or one of the legendary trio, like they did with Suicune.

One problem with your statement:

Suicune was part of the Johto Pokedex, and Rayquaza was part of the Hoenn Pokedex. Giratina and Cresselia are not part of the Sinnoh Pokedex, so unless they make the National Dex obtainable before the eighth badge or make Giratina's Origin form Pokemon 152, then there is no way that Giratina will be the box Pokemon for the third version... I'm thinking more like Mesprit.

Anyway... my guess isn't up there. There were fake Diamond and Jade games for GBC, so I'm guessing Jade, just to annoy the counterfeiters. If that's not it.. I'm gonna have to go looking at gemstones again, as it's been a while since I've seen some of them.

Last edited:

mudkip65

Beginning Trainer
Maybe Ninty will release 3 new games... lol! So nobody fights about the mascot...
1 for Crescellia
1 for Heatran
1 for Giratina

*I know it's corny*

DomeFossil

~awaits new Sugi art
That would be a waste of money, I'm afraid. I don't even want a Third D/P, but you'll hear more about that from me later.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
One problem with your statement:

Suicune was part of the Johto Pokedex, and Rayquaza was part of the Hoenn Pokedex. Giratina and Cresselia are not part of the Sinnoh Pokedex, so unless they make the National Dex obtainable before the eighth badge or make Giratina's Origin form Pokemon 152, then there is no way that Giratina will be the box Pokemon for the third version... I'm thinking more like Mesprit.

Anyway... my guess isn't up there. There were fake Diamond and Jade games for GBC, so I'm guessing Jade, just to annoy the counterfeiters. If that's not it.. I'm gonna have to go looking at gemstones again, as it's been a while since I've seen some of them.

Well everyone assumes it will be Giratina, but I originally thought that it would be on of the lake trio.
My money's on Azelf.
But since Mesprit is the run away, Mesprit seems more likely.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Topaz...it sounds cooler. ;D
In reality, I haven't the slightest - my main concern is that Giratina might be the main focus and I love that Pokemon to death.<3

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
The only reason they made suicune the cystal mascot is because ho-oh and lugia were a duo not a trio unlike Dialga Palkia and Giratina

LOOK, just because they are all dragons, does not mean that they are a trio.

There's still a possibility that Giratina could be on the cover, but Darkrai makes more sense.

I don't think Darkrai will be on the cover but it makes more sense since movie Darkrai played the same role as game Rayquayza.

Rayquayza was the star of Emerald but Groudon and Kyogre weren't dragons, were they?

Although Giratina could still be on the cover.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
It'll probably be called Opal, and set in Australia. You can find me ingame and I will give you free Eevees.

Just joking.

Anyway, I do really think it will be called Opal. All the evidence points to that. That's kinda neat, since that's my birthstone. I'm just wondering how the storyline will differ from the Diamond/Pearl one since there is only one evil team. I also hope you can get Giratina before the Elite Four, so that will be alot easier.

NoNamer

i call opal :)
its the most obvious one!
i mean giratina... kind of obvious.
doesnt it have different forms?

I think something that starts with a G.
Dialga--->Diamond
Palkia--->Pearl
Giratina-->G_____
Altough that could be coincidence.

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
i like the name Topaz the most- it just sounds better, and it's my birthstone, lol! ^_^ it'd be awesome to have a game that was the same as my birthstone! ^_~
but i think it'll more than likely be called Opal, because of the whole girasol/fire opal thing.... opal sounds ok too, but i just prefer topaz.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
I think something that starts with a G.
Dialga--->Diamond
Palkia--->Pearl
Giratina-->G_____
Altough that could be coincidence.

The D and P is a form of alliteration. That doesn't necissarily have to carry on to the third installment.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Um isnt it already going to platinum with giratina on the cover just like it says on today's post on the main site?

BCVM22

Um isnt it already going to platinum with giratina on the cover just like it says on today's post on the main site?

You bet. You can take this thread and use it as toilet paper, because it's all officially "pre-information debate" now.

Mewtwo's Apprentice

Master in training
I think It'll be Opal, but Topaz sounds funkier.

Status
Not open for further replies.