• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This always bothered me...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I know but that's Bulbasaur for you. He's a my way or highway can of guy. Perhaps, that's why people love him. Who cares if he's evolved or not, he doesn't need to evolve to keep the peace which is now his mission in life.

Chris

Old Coot
Exactly.

..And what's all this "ambassador" stuff? o_O Fushigidane's a protector. Where'd all this "ambassador" stuff come from?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
4Kids stupid episode title. Where else?

Peacekeeper =/= Ambassador.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
^^ A protector you say. Hmm... i stopped watching pokemon just after charizard left and came back for the Johto finals so i wouldn't know what he is.

I always liked Bulbasaur because he wasn't really scared of anyone. Considering his size too...

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
4Kids stupid episode title. Where else?

Peacekeeper =/= Ambassador.
Oh, I see. "Bulbasaur the Ambassador"

..Cute. e_e;

The only time I remember Fushigidane being afraid was during the giant Pokémon episode way back in Kanto. Even if it didn't show it, it was trying to avoid talking to the huge Fushigibana. XD

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, he may be overshadowed nowadays by [spoil]Jukain[/spoil], but I'll always think of Fushigidane as the original tough guy of the group.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
charizard trainer #1 said:
Bulbasaur should've evolved but didn't and since May has a bulbasaur and since Ash's Bulba is the ambassador of that place it is more likely that May's will evolve.

May's Bulbasaur probably won't evolve either. Ash's Bulbasaur is there to mentor May's Bulbasaur, just like Ash mentors May. The whole idea behind May leaving her Bulbasaur at Oaks was because she wanted it to learn from Ash's Bulbasaur, since his Bulba could be the strongest Bulbasaur in the world.

It would look awfully odd for Ash's Bulba to be mentoring a larger, tougher looking Ivysaur. I see both Bulbasaur just staying at Oaks together, aside from the times Ash/May use them in a certain tournament.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Obviously, as a mental Bulbasaur fan, I wouldn't want Ash's or May's Bulbasaurs to evolve. But even with fan related obsessions aside there are perfectly good reasons why they should stay in their current form. Ash's from that episode way back, and does it NEED to get any stronger? Also it acts as a great role in some of the chronicles, somehow Ivysaur doesn't fit into that role as well. And May's one evolving would be awkward...Ash's Bulbasaur mentoring an Ivysaur? Hmm, doesn't seem right.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Well as I mentioned earlier, Ash's Bulbasaur evolving rather than May's wouldn't be such a bad idea. It would be perfect. Bulbasaur finally feels it's ready and willing to go the next step after some harsh battle protecting May's Bulbasaur, then it evolves. And from then on, Ash's Ivysaur woulb have something May's Bulbasaur distinctly doesn't have but can look up to it for: an evolved state.

Edit: BTW, I've always much preferred Squirtle anyway... it's the one I favor, and it deserves a heck of a lot more attention than it's had compared to Bulbasaur. o_O

Chris

Old Coot
Uh, it's not about that it doesn't feel ready to evolve. It's that it DOESN'T want to evolve and that it doesn't need to. o_O

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Edward Elric said:
Uh, it's not about that it doesn't feel ready to evolve. It's that it DOESN'T want to evolve and that it doesn't need to. o_O
What, did it decide that it would NEVER want to evolve or something? I was under the impression that it simply didn't feel like it was necessary/a big deal for it to evolve right there on the spot, with all the others around it. I thought it just wanted to bide its time, and if it ever changed it's mind, it would go ahead and do so. And if all of what I just said isn't wrong, then I'm sure Bulbasaur would consider evolving for its 'little sister' a worthwhile occurence. o_O

Heracross

Custom User Title
Fushigidane wanted to prove that it could be strong without evolution. Why would it change its mind now after all this time? And why does it need to evolve to be a mentor to Haruka's Fushigidane?

halloweenghost

Frankly niether of you two truly know..that would be like reading it's mind..and on another note... it's not real so we can't truly even talk about how it feels since it is really the writer's decisions.
I'm with Heracross on his thinking about him wanting to do it for pride and stuff..but niether truly know if it still wants to evolve someday.... i doubt it but we don't know unless we ask...Hey,..you ever going to evolve :p but then again... not real so we can't :p

But anyways I like Bulbasaur how he is..Bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon hands down.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Heracross said:
Fushigidane wanted to prove that it could be strong without evolution. Why would it change its mind now after all this time?
Well, you'd think after all these intense battles it's more than proved it can be strong without evolution. :p That being said, no matter what the case, evolution will always bring about even MORE power.

Heracross said:
And why does it need to evolve to be a mentor to Haruka's Fushigidane?
halloweenghost said:
Frankly niether of you two truly know..that would be like reading it's mind..and on another note... it's not real so we can't truly even talk about how it feels since it is really the writer's decisions.
I'm with Heracross on his thinking about him wanting to do it for pride and stuff..but niether truly know if it still wants to evolve someday.... i doubt it but we don't know unless we ask...Hey,..you ever going to evolve :p but then again... not real so we can't :p
I wasn't saying it NEEDS to evolve to be a mentor to May's Bulbasaur, I was just making the point that it could and, IMO, perhaps should.

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
RaikousThunder said:
I really love Ash's Bulbasaur. It had a unique attitude amungst Ash's pokemon, i think until Charmeleon arrived. Though Charmeleon took angst to the next level. Bulbasaur is more of a happy pokemon now. I like its close bond with Ash's Squirtle, they are so cute together. Since Ivysaur is one of my top three favorite pokemon i would love to see it evolve. I has hopes for May's Bulbasaur but they died once she left it behind. The interaction between the two Bulba's is cute too. Bulbasaur is really strong as it is. It can stay the way it is even though id love to see it as an Ivysaur. One of them should evolve. Even if it was May's there's no saying it will be stronger than Ash's. Ash's Bulbasaur tied with a Meganium, im sure it could beat a newly evolved Ivysaur. But since Bulbasaur isnt in Ash's party anymore and doesnt recieve much training its not just gonna evolve. If it were to evolve id want to see it with Ash all the time. But look at this if Grovyle evolves Ash will have a first form Grass starter, Bulbasaur, a second form Grass starter, Bayleef, and a final form Grass starter, Sceptile. I think thats neat.
I think this will be good news to you. [SPOIL]Grovyle evolved![/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Old Coot
Kamex said:
Well, you'd think after all these intense battles it's more than proved it can be strong without evolution. :p That being said, no matter what the case, evolution will always bring about even MORE power.
Perhaps you should understand a little thing called pride. >_>; Fushigidane refuses to evolve because it prefers its form. It doesn't matter how many or how little opponents it's taken down in its current form. It WANTS to stay in its form and continue to prove that it doesn't need to evolve in order to be strong. Evolution has more power, yes, but have we forgotten when a certain Raichu was given more power as a focus?

Fushigidane's size is also a contribution to its abilities. Being a bigger Pokémon can be a problem to certain Pokémon. Their body weight can slow them down, even though they have the power. Evolution isn't the jack of all trades. Evolution does not always mean the Pokémon will overcome all of its weaknesses, nor does it mean it'll become more unlikely to be beaten.

Fushigidane's also not one to look to gain more and more power. It's more about showing its abilities in its current state and that it can rival those who have fully evolved.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Screw pride! X/ ...bleah. Perhaps I don't understand Bulbasaur's point of view as much as I should because I can't quite relate with its refusal to evolve, but I guess that makes it more unique than most other Pokemon.

But I still really can't say I prefer Bulbasaur not evolving. >_>

Aptenodytes

Well we all know bulbasaur has enough experience to evolve, heck, it could probably be a venasaur if it wanted to, but it was all his choise and he decided not to evolve. I find this very strange, but it did make for a cool episode.