• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"This egg will take a long time to hatch"

Macromind101

Does this message ever show up for an egg obtained legitimately? Because to my knowledge, the "long time to hatch" message only applies for Pokemon eggs with egg cycles greater than 40, and the only Pokemon that have 41+ egg cycles are legendary and mythical Pokemon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
As far as I know, no. It's usually with bad eggs.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Does this message ever show up for an egg obtained legitimately? Because to my knowledge, the "long time to hatch" message only applies for Pokemon eggs with egg cycles greater than 40, and the only Pokemon that have 41+ egg cycles are legendary and mythical Pokemon.
That's the Wynaut egg that you can get. It's also one of the slowest eggs to hatch.
It was infuriating since i had forgotten i already hatched the eevee egg earlier and this egg takes forever even with flame body.

I did play the old pokemon ruby version on a emulator but i never went for that egg back then.

Last edited: