• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THIS GAME IS SO HARD ;O; - PMD [All Versions] Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
When you recycle for the "Special offer" at Wynaut's shop, does that count as one "recycle"? Or do I have to do one of the items on the main list?

mAdkip

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
To umbreon shadow27: Yes.
On the main menu, go to "Other", then choose "rename team"

JohnLucario

I've been killed in this game so many times it's not even funny. I have never once been told of "SOS mail" or whatever, nor have I ever been given the option to send it when my team has fainted, either in-storyline or just in jobs I've taken off the board. When I faint, I just get a log of my failure on the screen and no other option but to accept it and lose half of my stuff. Everyone else seems to know how to request rescue... they talk as if it just automatically happens when you faint. What on earth have I missed here?

Kacho

You are next.
I've been killed in this game so many times it's not even funny. I have never once been told of "SOS mail" or whatever, nor have I ever been given the option to send it when my team has fainted, either in-storyline or just in jobs I've taken off the board. When I faint, I just get a log of my failure on the screen and no other option but to accept it and lose half of my stuff. Everyone else seems to know how to request rescue... they talk as if it just automatically happens when you faint. What on earth have I missed here?

When you faint in a dungeon, it will have a message asking you if you want to be saved by a friend... (AKA the option of link/cable friend rescue or S.O.S.)

were you pressing some buttons too fast?

JohnLucario

When you faint in a dungeon, it will have a message asking you if you want to be saved by a friend... (AKA the option of link/cable friend rescue or S.O.S.)

were you pressing some buttons too fast?

No I wasn't. ;-; I even stopped and looked over the screen carefully. I never saw such a message. Did I not do something to unlock it?

Well, first playthrough I died a LOT in that luxio field at the begining of the game (PMD2). I recently started over and so far have only managed to recruit a starly and poliwag. I'm at that point again and will not be going until I can manage to recruit and train a ground type (trying for a shellos or a barboach)

Hazel_Nut

No I wasn't. ;-; I even stopped and looked over the screen carefully. I never saw such a message. Did I not do something to unlock it?
Some dungeons don't have the option, some plot missions don't let you use it, and if you're not deep enough in the game (AKA You're in the easy parts) it won't pop out. What's your game progress i.e. Where are you in the plot?

JohnLucario

Some dungeons don't have the option, some plot missions don't let you use it, and if you're not deep enough in the game (AKA You're in the easy parts) it won't pop out. What's your game progress i.e. Where are you in the plot?
I've already graduated, and now I'm just doing some job bulletin board dungeons. What would the prompt to send an SOS look like? How obvious is it?

Dalolguru

Behind You
Hey. This is my first real comment on these here forums, so correct me if im doing anything wrong, but i need help with PMDEO time version. Ive beat it before, but with hacks, this time im doing a non AR run, and im up to the fake groudon, and i need some tactics because ive died about 5 times now.

My team are:

Squirtle (me)
water gun
bubble
tackle
withdraw

Charmander (partner)
ember
smokescreen
scratch
growl

I cant remeber the levels but theyre about 15 ish.
so thanks in advance for any help.

Edros

no one beats me!
I have a dought.
when you are recruiting you need to:
be the last to attack?
the only to attack?
other? what?
pls answer

I'm not sure if they have been posted already, but does anyone know the egg moves the starters know at the beginning of the game? :S

Thanks in advance! :)

Kacho

You are next.
Hey. This is my first real comment on these here forums, so correct me if im doing anything wrong, but i need help with PMDEO time version. Ive beat it before, but with hacks, this time im doing a non AR run, and im up to the fake groudon, and i need some tactics because ive died about 5 times now.

My team are:

Squirtle (me)
water gun
bubble
tackle
withdraw

Charmander (partner)
ember
smokescreen
scratch
growl

i wish i have the game and play it and know the game well...
but.. can't you find TM's and use it on your pokemon?
however far you are in the game, are there TM popping up yet?

JohnLucario

My team are:

Squirtle (me)
water gun
bubble
tackle
withdraw

Charmander (partner)
ember
smokescreen
scratch
growl

Totter seeds, stun seeds, and sleep seeds saved my hide against Groudon. Lowering his accuracy was a help too, as was a use of throwing items when he stepped back.

Eeveefreak

i have 2 questions:

how you can get girantina in orgin form?

whats the best pokemon for zero isle north and west?

Question 1: Take him into the new dungeons that are only in Sky (like Sky Peak or Destiny Tower).

Question 2: I have no idea. I use what I like, generally, and don't much go to those dungeons yet anyhow.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.

My team are:

Squirtle (me)
water gun
bubble
tackle
withdraw

Charmander (partner)
ember
smokescreen
scratch
growl

IIRC, my starters (Charmander [myself] and Piplup [partner]) were just about level 20-21 when I first battled the illusion Groudon. But yes, using Totter, Stun, and Sleep Seeds can help. Also, your Charmander's Smokescreen is very useful to use when fighting against bosses, so I suggest you keep it on instead of off. Lastly, you should keep Smokescreen for awhile... even throughout the rest of the storyline and post-storyline.

I have a dought.
when you are recruiting you need to:
be the last to attack?
the only to attack?
other? what?
pls answer
You need to make sure that the leader is the one to KO the Pokemon you wish to recruit. If your teammates KO it instead, then it won't work. Your teammates can attack it, but just so long as the Pokemon doesn't faint, let the leader knock it out.

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
i have 2 questions:

whats the best pokemon for zero isle north and west?

For Zero Isle North, just bring your highest-leveled pokemon, since you retain your level. Level 100 pokemon are best.

West: Something that has good stats and learns moves fairly quickly. Check through the DPPtHGSS pokedex. Good pokemon include Octillery, who learns Rock Blast, Mantine who learns Bullet Seed, Lucario who learns Dark Pulse to take care of crowds, and Jynx/Smoochum for Forewarn+Powder Snow, which hits the whole room and is fairly accurate.