• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THIS GAME IS SO HARD ;O; - PMD [All Versions] Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Artie

The partner you can chose from, are they set per character you pick or randomized?

for example, I just got Meowth, and I could not chose Charmander as partner, which I really wanted..
Should I retry or is that just how it is?

[edit]
I just retried and got, with a male Meowth; Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecho, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig and Chimchar.
If I remember correctly, exactly the same as before..

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
The partner you can chose from, are they set per character you pick or randomized?

for example, I just got Meowth, and I could not chose Charmander as partner, which I really wanted..
Should I retry or is that just how it is?

[edit]
I just retried and got, with a male Meowth; Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecho, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig and Chimchar.
If I remember correctly, exactly the same as before..

What you do is click on a random partner, but when it asks you if you are sure you want it, say no. It will remix your partner options. Note that you still cant get two pokemon of the same group with this.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Oh yeah, and to whoever said Kecleon is at level 40, How come one managed to KO me (Swampert, Level 97 ATT) from full hp, eh? I know they get a speed boost, so maybe they get an attack boost too? (either that or maybe it was because my moves kept missing...)

Artie

What you do is click on a random partner, but when it asks you if you are sure you want it, say no. It will remix your partner options. Note that you still cant get two pokemon of the same group with this.

Thanks a bunch ^_^ if only i had known this when I started my main game..

CliveKoopa

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm having trouble beating Groudon. I am a Lv23 Charmander and my partner is a Lv23 Squirtle. I've used Squirtle's Water Gun as well as Charmander's Metal Claw and Ember. I have thrown Gravelrocks but after a few turns, I end up getting defeated even with Reviver Seeds.

Artie

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I'm having trouble beating Groudon. I am a Lv23 Charmander and my partner is a Lv23 Squirtle. I've used Squirtle's Water Gun as well as Charmander's Metal Claw and Ember. I have thrown Gravelrocks but after a few turns, I end up getting defeated even with Reviver Seeds.

Try to lower his acc / speed / def and use sleep seeds? or raise your own speed to do more hits. I easily beat him with sleep.

diddykong

Uber Gamer

Hey, I found using a Stun Seed on him when you need a break worked. Have you tried using Silver Spikes/Iron Thorns instead? See if they do slightly more damage. And stick with Ember. It gets the sun boost. That's how I did it, anyway. I was a Charmander after all. With a Squirtle, in fact.

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
what would anyone recomend to beat wigglytuff?

Rakurai

Throw a stun seed at Wigglytuff to keep it from bothering you while you deal with the other guild members. An area attack like Thunderbolt is handy for that purpose, but it shouldn't be necessary, as they'll all fall in one or two hits if you're at a decent level.

Afterwards, you just need to pray that Wigglytuff doesn't get lucky with Doubleslap or Sing (Not that it's anything a few Reviver Seeds can't fix).

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!

Use Fighting moves, and since Wigglytuff is not alone, try and get attacks such as Blizzard or Earthquake.

ChuklaeAquos

Glalie fan!

Another helpful technique is to stun it or put it to sleep with seeds, then knock others like Sunflora and Chatot. Also using moves after inflicting Wigglytuff with a status ailment like Heat Wave or Snow Powder are pretty good and helpful, but everyone's favourite is discharge.

Illusione-Tempus

Oh yeah, and to whoever said Kecleon is at level 40, How come one managed to KO me (Swampert, Level 97 ATT) from full hp, eh?

That's me <_< Kecleons have maxed out stats [I miss MD1 already] besides HP

Another helpful technique is to stun it or put it to sleep with seeds, then knock others like Sunflora and Chatot. Also using moves after inflicting Wigglytuff with a status ailment like Heat Wave or Snow Powder are pretty good and helpful, but everyone's favourite is discharge.

My favorite is Blizzard, since Diglett, Dugtrio, Sunflora and Chatot are weak with it. Besides, Ice type moves doesn't have any "little effect" status. [Take EQ with Chatot, Discharge with Diglett and Dugtrio]

alakazam^

Romanized, it's Daihyouzen Saijyobu. I'm working on a translation, but so far I'm getting nada.

Actually, it's "hyouzan". It would translate into "Great Iceberg". The "saijou bu" part would be something like "top part/section".

Lempika

Team Raku
When can me and my partner evolve? I defeated Darkrai now and I'm kinda confused.
I did manage to evolve in my last file (Which I deleted) but I cannot really remember how I did it. Don't you have to defeat Palkia or Dialga or something like that?

Tx85

When can me and my partner evolve? I defeated Darkrai now and I'm kinda confused.
I did manage to evolve in my last file (Which I deleted) but I cannot really remember how I did it. Don't you have to defeat Palkia or Dialga or something like that?

See the bold thingy :p (You're right)

piewhichilike

Lovable Dunce.
Stuck on dark hill!!

I'm stuck on dark hill in PMD2 Darkness version!
My team has a level 30 Torchic and a level 30 Treecko.

I was stuck in there too. You can try and throw Gravelerocks at the Ghost Pokemon or you can lure them out. Or you can use an Orb if there are too many.
WARNING: Trying to lure them out can kill you or your partner.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!

Yeah, it's the ghosts, they hide in walls and uses Spite so excessively it's not funny ):

Stock up on healing items, gravellerrocks (as Purplepassion had mentioned) and Pure Seeds if you can get them.