• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This game surviving Black and White all right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Orange

Pokémon Runner
I still play it sometimes.

It takes forever to find people on Wi-Fi though. D:

Have other people found this to be the case?

I have been seriously considering picking PBR up. I have White, but the WiFi in my house is WPA encrypted, which my DS Lite can't get on, so I have to reset the router anytime I want to go on, and if I do that too many times things start to get all screwy. So I was thinking PBR would be great for WiFi battles since the Wii does support WPA and I can't currently afford a DSi or 3DS.

J-Boy

I still play every now and then (Usually to do a smeragle sketch war), but I am looking forward to the day in which we get our gen V battle revolution.

Suffice

Defying the odds
I still play it, however I noticed that i forgot to copy all my trained pokemon to it before i transfered them to B/W. So, even if i do go on i get my butt kicked. TT_TT I hope there'll be a B/W one soon.

@Trainer Orange: When i went on a few days ago, I wasn't having any trouble finding people there to battle. Maybe i was just on at the right time though.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

Don't feed the ducks
I went on yesterday and did about 7 or so wi-fi battles with no problems, as for the offline mode, it's quite easy to playthrough if you're using pokemon from the DS, sometimes the tournaments stretch on a bit, but once I completed the game I was able to buy quite a lot of items from the shop, also the Electivire and Magmortar you can obtain I found to be very useful since they have good natures, and the surfing Pikachu is very cool and nostalgic.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
yeah battle hacks most of the time for me. oh hacks galore.

seems when i am at high ranking, i met alot of hacks.

not many people play pbr anymore. i been battling many familiar people everytime i battle random wifi.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
i still love it because i have so many ideas about teams and strategies that i wanna try them all and see how they turn out

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
I still play Battle Revolution quite a lot, since I only got it in the last year or so XD. Sometimes I find a lot of people with the basic starter passes or battle the same person two or three times, but it doesn't take me too long to find a match :3 It's definitely easier to find people in the evening though. I have a lot of different teams to use, so it makes it more fun for me playing online and through the colosseum modes~

I think they'll be enough people playing online till they make another Battle Revolution/Stadium type game. Black and White have random battles on Wifi, but there aren't any other 3D battlers for the Wii or DS. A lot of people are still buying or playing the 4th gen games too.

Yeah, although PBR does allow the use of Ubers not normally allowed in Random Matchup of Black/White.

Mankanshoku Mako

I still play this game evryone once in a while, not as much as when Diamond and Pearl were new though. So I'd say while it isn't dead, it's definitly not going to played as much as it's been over the last few years.

ShadowGuy

Elite Trainer
I would really like a Gen 5 battling game like PBR. It would be pretty awesome with the extra pokemon and they might as well add mini games and something like Earl's Academy in it.

O.G. Trainer

The last 3D pkmn game I played was XD. I just got a Wii and im thinking about grabbing a used copy of PBR at Game Stop or something. I have powerful gen 5 pkmn and wanted to know if it would be worth it since im sure the one for B/W will be out soon....

What do you think players?

BCVM22

I have powerful gen 5 pkmn

Generation V Pokémon aren't going to do you any good in PBR.

and wanted to know if it would be worth it since im sure the one for B/W will be out soon...

"Soon"? Not likely. No such game exists to the best of anyone's knowledge. Even if one is in development - not impossible, certainly - it certainly won't be out in the forseeable future, a reality compounded by the fact that the Wii is on the way out.

What is possible and becomes more and more likely with each passing day of silence on the matter is that the Wii U launches with a Generation V-compatible battling title, just as PBR was released within the Wii's launch window.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
nah. wii won't die out that soon. geez it doesn't have many good games. (actually there is no point to get wii u for me due to limited room space)

since you can random battle in 5th gen, it is kind of the same except it is sprite battle. i only go to PBR for battle for random battle only.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I play BW more than Revolution.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I actually bought PBR after playing Black and White.

I had a copy of it a while back, like 4 years ago, but it was on a jailbroken system (bad me). But that stopped working, and I couldn't play PBR anymore since the disc only worked on for jailbroken systems.

So, after months of waiting, I finally found a copy of PBR at my workplace (a Gamestop rip-off). I haven't played it a lot in the past week, but that's because I just got a 3DS. I'm busy trying to beat Pokemon Rumble Blast.

But once I finish that, I'll probably hop back on SoulSilver and train some more, so that my team on PBR will be nicer. I just beat the first round of each are; now I just need the Little Cup one (it's hard to get good lv. 5's before beating the Pokemon League once through.)

Status
Not open for further replies.