• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This Gen's new gimmick.

Bill the Typhlosion

I hoping for pokémon fusions & /or crossbreeding.

I actually had an idea recently for how fusions/crossbreeding could be feasibly implemented. A limited selection of "Hybrid Pokémon" would exist in the game, but in order to hatch one, one of the parents would be required to hold a species-specific item, similar to Incense. The item requirement would explain, within the lore of the games, why only certain combinations are possible. I think it would be a lot of fun as well as great fan service.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think Sinnoh remakes would get Dynamax as with the dex situation making the games more seperate they'll want the sinnoh remakes to be more distinct and so might have megas in sinnoh and Dynamax in Galar to differentiate.

With the number of Pokemon I think breeding different pokemon to get new pokemon would be a bit too restricted (too few) or complicated (too many) but what if you could make hybrids of the same species by breeding different regional forms.

For example Aloan Ninetales + Kantonian Ninetales would produce a fire/ice type hybrid vulpix

of course for this to work really well we'd need more regional forms but I like the sound of more regional forms.
I think that they might include Dynamax in the Sinnoh remakes (if we're getting them) in order to promote the new feature more like what they did with Megas in ORAS.

rhynosaurus

I think that they might include Dynamax in the Sinnoh remakes (if we're getting them) in order to promote the new feature more like what they did with Megas in ORAS.

I'm inclined to agree with this, they will bring Dynamax to Sinnoh. I feel like megas would have worked so well given the professor's research into evolution and the energy it gives off.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm inclined to agree with this, they will bring Dynamax to Sinnoh. I feel like megas would have worked so well given the professor's research into evolution and the energy it gives off.
However, they would have to turn all the Gyms into stadiums, and I don't know if they would make that drastic of a change to these games.

lablablabz

However, they would have to turn all the Gyms into stadiums, and I don't know if they would make that drastic of a change to these games.

They don't have to. Megas were included in ORAS but they weren't integral to the plot imo. You only have Steven who's researching about it iirc and of course the Delta episode which is an optional sidequest. None of the gym leaders have Megas too and Mega Evolution is easier to integrate in gym battles than Dynamax imo.

Like I said before, they could add a new area in Sinnoh, similar to the Pokeathlon Dome where that is the only place you can do Dynamax battles. It could be like a promotion/exhibition by Rose and Oleana in Sinnoh since they were the ones who were able to figure out how to implement Dynamax outside of the Wild Area. They could also only implement Dynamax in the Pokemon League if they want to, turn the castle into an indoor stadium like the one in the industrial city in Galar.

So yeah I don't think drastic changes have to be made in the Sinnoh games just so they could integrate Dynamax.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While Mega Evolution & Gigantamaxing are pretty much the same in competitive & in-game aspects, one difference I can find between them is the concept behind their designs.

As the name implies, mega evolution is basically like an ultimate evolution for a Pokémon that takes their concept to the next level. Most often their designs are given new elements or gimmicks that feel like a natural fit for their evolutionary line (Charizard or Ampharos) while the others are given a different spin on their overall designs to feel like they’ve went beyond their natural limits (Gardevoir, the Hoenn starters, Blastoise)

In contrast, Gigantamaxing takes the core concept of a pokémon’s design and goes overboard with it, making it feel like an over saturated version of the Pokémon’s core concept (Alcremie’a a sweet treat, Corviknight’s a big metal bird, Drednaw’s a big and jagged turtle). Plus, one of the people on Subjectively pointed out the idea that the Gigantamax designs could be seen as the Pokémon depicted as kaiju (or more-so kaiju shows where the giant monsters were just people in rubber suits with only a few limbs moving around)

Last edited:

Kirinriki

Double Trouble
In contrast, Gigantamaxing takes the core concept of a pokémon’s design and goes overboard with it, making it feel like an over saturated version of the Pokémon’s core concept

I feel like this could apply to a lot of Mega evolutions too, though. Metagross, Rayquaza, Manetric, Houndoom, Lucario, Venusaur, Blastoise, Salamence, Scizor, and Gallade all seem to fit in that oversaturated category and are focused around a core concept, for example. The design philosophies for Megas and Gigantamax forms seem to be the same for the most part in my opinion: expand on the core design to make the Pokémon look cooler/stronger/more complex.

DannyDark

As much as the actual game is 'meh', I do actually really like the Sync Move mechanic of Pokemon Masters.
For those that don't know.. a Sync Move is essentially a Z-Move, after/during which, if the Pokemon is Mega-capable, it will Mega Evolve until the end of battle also. I think it was a really neat way to integrate both of the old mechanics without over-complicating it. I do hope to see them again in a main series game, honestly. Megas especially felt like a full-package mechanic compared to Dyna and Z-Moves.

As for Dynamaxing.. with 4 of the Max Moves causing weather effects, I do wonder if PVP will once again be weather-dominated, Weather Wars 2 (WWII).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
As for Dynamaxing.. with 4 of the Max Moves causing weather effects, I do wonder if PVP will once again be weather-dominated, Weather Wars 2 (WWII).
I don’t think Weather Wars will return. If the Max Move weather effects only happen during Dyna and Gigamaxing which in turn is basically a turn based version of Mega Evolution, then I’m guessing that the weather changes last only as long as the process and could only be replaced if another weather Max Move happens to be used. The effects could be very similar to the Primal weather Abilities but only this time turn based. With the exception of Castform, Mew, And Smeargle, I also think the likelihood that a Pokémon could have more than one weather changing Max Move is non-existent. Castform could get away with it because its gimmick is utilizing weather in its favor and Smeargle and Mew can because of their unique method of learning almost every single move in the games.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Just found this out but apparently Dynamaxing aren't actually physical forms according to the guys behind the games, they're visual projections? How does that work?

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
Just found this out but apparently Dynamaxing aren't actually physical forms according to the guys behind the games, they're visual projections? How does that work?

hmmmm... I am guessing that it might be then is visual representation of the power the pokemon is unleashing in battle at that time. Make it easier for the pomemon to use said amped up power. Like a focus for the pokemon so they can use said power.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Looks like there is no Pokemon that created Dynamaxing, because apparently they're just artificial projections.

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
Looks like there is no Pokemon that created Dynamaxing, because apparently they're just artificial projections.
Now that really seems like the type of gimmick people come up for big events.. but does not really explain the "wild" ones you get in the open field..... wonder if it going be part of the "evil" team story....

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion

I'm actually inclined to believe that Mega Evolutions will return for the Sinnoh remakes. They are way too iconic and marketable to be disposed of entirely, and Professor Rowan was all about studying evolutions anyway.

Plus, with the mainline Pokemon games costing the same as console games, Game Freak needs to maintain variety with the mainline releases to justify the costs.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm actually inclined to believe that Mega Evolutions will return for the Sinnoh remakes. They are way too iconic and marketable to be disposed of entirely, and Professor Rowan was all about studying evolutions anyway.

Plus, with the mainline Pokemon games costing the same as console games, Game Freak needs to maintain variety with the mainline releases to justify the costs.
That would be bad marketing because Gen VI won't be relevant for a long time.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
That would be bad marketing because Gen VI won't be relevant for a long time.

Just because Mega's were introduced in gen 6 doesn't mean gen 6 needs to 'relevant' for them to use megas again.

Mega Evolutions in a Sinnoh remake would make perfect sense, they could easily be put into the story ala ORAS and it would help distinguish the games from Sword and Sheild as one would have megas the other dynamaxing. Of course thay could just add dynamaxing to the sinnoh story instead. But with the new system with games being on the switch and Pokemon home I think they want to make the games more distinct, so adding Mega which aren't in SwSh to the next set of switch games makes sense as the return of prexisting megas is a draw as are new megas, whereas if the next set of switch games had dynamaxing, it would make them less distinct which isn't a draw and they're wouldn't be the draw of prexisting Gigantamax forms as they were in SwSh anyway.