• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This Gen's new gimmick.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Wouldn't that be way too confusing to have the gigantamaxed form look just like a mega form? Not to mention just being a big middle finger to people that actually want mega evolutions to be there and with how they play to have a big balloon ripoff of them instead? I mean, gigantamaxing already is, but making the forms look exactly the same would make it just that much more blatant.
I don't think it'd be confusing. I understand the middle finger effect it could have, but I'm looking at the comparison "no gigantamax form vs. recycled mega evolution gigantamax form", where I would gladly take the latter.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Tbh, I never expected Z moves to be in these games just like I never expected trials to come back. Those were very Alola specific things which don't much belong outside of Alola.

The same can be said about Dynamax and Gigantamaxing as they are tied to the stadiums and raids. If anything, they might integrate dynamaxing into pokemon go gyms somehow but I don't see it going to other games, it seems region specific.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Tbh, I never expected a moves to be in in these games just like I never expected trials to come back. Those were very Alola specific things which don't much belong outside of Alola.

The same can be said about Dynamax and Gigantamaxing as they are tied to the stadiums and raids. If anything, they might integrate dynamaxing into pokemon go gyms somehow but I don't see it going to other games, it seems region specific.
If Sinnoh gets remade I think that they would put Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing in the Sinnoh remakes like they put Megas in the Hoenn remakes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
If Sinnoh gets remade I think that they would put Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing in the Sinnoh remakes like they put Megas in the Hoenn remakes.

It's possible but then they would have to change the designs of all the gyms into stadiums and idk if they would do that.

lablablabz

If they remake DPPt and incorporate Dynamax, I don't think they have to make it a big part of the story. Maybe they can add a new area in Sinnoh where Dynamax is possible, like a Pokeathlon Dome but for Dynamax battles. That way the gyms don't have turned to stadiums.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
It's possible but then they would have to change the designs of all the gyms into stadiums and idk if they would do that.
I think you really underestimate how big the Gyms were in Sinnoh.

Dynamax is a fine gimmick and it's really fun to see people complain about it as it is nearly the antithesis of Z-Moves and Mega Evolution which I vastly remember many complaints about.

Also nobody can ever tell me they never once thought to themselves when playing any pokemon game: "You know what would be cool? This, but Godzilla."

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I think you really underestimate how big the Gyms were in Sinnoh.

Dynamax is a fine gimmick and it's really fun to see people complain about it as it is nearly the antithesis of Z-Moves and Mega Evolution which I vastly remember many complaints about.

Also nobody can ever tell me they never once thought to themselves when playing any pokemon game: "You know what would be cool? This, but Godzilla."

Never once thought about godzilla pokemon :)

I don't even dislike the gimmick, honestly.

_skiploom_

I’m looking forward to using Dynamax when battling with others - I think there could be a bit of psychology and strategy regarding when to use the feature.

I’m assuming that Dynamax can be used once per battle per player.

I think it will be more frustrating when used against the gym leader who will always Dynamax their ace.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
If DPPt are remade this gen, we're probably undoubtedly getting Dynamax/Gigantimax heavily featured in it similar to how Megas were treated in ORAS.

They have to change the games up a bit to warrant them being called 'remakes' after all.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Didn’t even think about Dyanamax for potential Sinnoh remakes. I hope that’s not the case and they bring back Megas or just leave it as is

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Didn’t even think about Dyanamax for potential Sinnoh remakes. I hope that’s not the case and they bring back Megas or just leave it as is

You will get Gigantimaxed Dialga and Palkia and you will like it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

DannyDark

So are people thinking that, since there's a specific event to encounter Dynamax Larvitar and Jangmo-o, these two are likely to get Gigantmax forms?
Or is it just a case of making a game-exclusive Pokemon available one time as a little bonus?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So are people thinking that, since there's a specific event to encounter Dynamax Larvitar and Jangmo-o, these two are likely to get Gigantmax forms?
Or is it just a case of making a game-exclusive Pokemon available one time as a little bonus?
At least from the advertising, its simply a way to get them earlier than you would normally be able to. One would think that if they got gigantamax then they'd make that a selling point.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I don't think Sinnoh remakes would get Dynamax as with the dex situation making the games more seperate they'll want the sinnoh remakes to be more distinct and so might have megas in sinnoh and Dynamax in Galar to differentiate.

I hoping for pokémon fusions & /or crossbreeding.

With the number of Pokemon I think breeding different pokemon to get new pokemon would be a bit too restricted (too few) or complicated (too many) but what if you could make hybrids of the same species by breeding different regional forms.

For example Aloan Ninetales + Kantonian Ninetales would produce a fire/ice type hybrid vulpix

of course for this to work really well we'd need more regional forms but I like the sound of more regional forms.