• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

---> This Has Got To Stop! <---

AiR BeN

People need to stop flaming others for using legendaries, it's their choice what they use in their team and if you actually put some effort into it, it'd be pretty easy to beat a full-legendary team. All I see now is "Don't use ubers", WTF is wrong man, I can understand making tiers etc but pokemon wasn't made for that purpose to have pokemon ruled out because of their stats, anyone can use any pokemon they want unless in a tournament of some kind or in agreement with their opponent/(s.) I personally don't use legendaries (I use lati@s but they are eligible for the battle frontier so I wouldn't cound em as legendaries) but I have nothing against them, trainers have the right to use whatever pokemon they want in a battle and not get flamed for it, I (pretty sure not just me) am sick of it, something needs to be done about it NOW!

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Legendary=/=Ubers.
A pokemon can be legendary and not be uber- The trios Celebii, Jirachi, Mew (Although she's agruable). They're all just legends, not uber. Wobby is uber and god knows he's not legendary.

Uber is just a pokemon that has broken battling ability and is just plain unfair to use against "normal" pokemon. Take Wobby for example: He is guarenteed to take out at least one pokemon from someones team because of his broken ability (Shadow Tag.)

The reason people frown upon it is because it doesn't take much skill to use ubers effectively. It kind of takes the edge off competitive battling unless, of course, you're fighting other ubers- hence why they have their own metagame. It kind of sucks to fight someone who didn't work very hard for natures, Ivs, Evs like one would with a pokemon like Venasaur or Sceptile.

Note: Sorry for the spelling.

Last edited:

AiR BeN

Yeh I see where you are coming from and I partially agree that it doesn't take much skill but most people who use legendaries/ubers are new to pokemon or aren't quite so good and don't understand the more technical side of it all.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Yes, but what's stopping them from learning and finding out more about their pokemon and how to unlock their pokemons greatest potential? I learned all about breeding and Evs and Ivs and natures from this very site. All anyone has to do is just a little research and some patience.

Dragon_Knight

dragon rider knight
I think its perfectly fine to use legendaries as long as their base stats don't excede 600. A handful of non-legendaries have base stats of 600 and you hardly see anyone complaining about them being used. The only ones I gripe about going up against are Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Parukia, Dialga, The ghost dragon (forgot how to spell its name), Regigigias, and Aseus.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Dragon Knight you've just listed most of the main Ubers. No one gripes about pokemon like Salmence and T-tar because they don't have ridiculously high stats all round. They all have one huge dent in them that's fairly easy to exploit. I.E- Ice Beam/Rock Slide (Salemence), Flame Thrower/Earth Quake (Metagross) Brick Break/Earth Quake/Surf (T-tar). If you were to Thunder Bolt a Kyogre with a Modest Jolteon I can guarentee that that Kyogre will survive it at least once- more if it has a nature that enhances its Special Defense. If that same Jolteon were to Thunder Bolt a none uber water pokemon like Starmie or Vaporeon, you can kiss them good bye.

Ugobama

I agree. Its their dang choice and others should respect that. Dont get me wrong, im totally against it but its not my choice is it? Get my point?

Sammi

Banned
It's theire chocie. I never use em' but... I like em. They looks kewl.

Validus

People are free to use what they want, when they want, and How they want.
Sometimes i use them myself, sometimes i don't. I train everything from Sableye and castform to Mewtwo and Groundon... and higher or lower... I train what suits my mood. Others should do the same, and ppl have no right to critize others for it. So Woot! lol

lightfairy475

I think people can use whatever pokemon they want in developing their teams. No one has any right to bash someone for using ubers/legendaries. If you know what you're doing, you can build a good team with or without them. Though in competitive battling, it may be incredibly annoying to find yourself battling an uber with a non-uber pokemon, it really isn't that big of a deal.
Now, if you're in a tournament or competing with other players for a prize or something, ubers are pretty unfair to the people who wanted to use strategy and skills to win. But can't you take down an uber with the right amount of strategy, patience, and training?
Meh, I don't like competing, so I use ubers and legendaries on and off. I don't try to EV train my pokemon, breed to perfection, etc. because I feel my team is perfectly fine for in-game battling. If it's my favorite, I'm going to use it whether it's uber or not. If I feel like training it, I'm going to use it.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
People are still going to think that legendaries are wrong. I occasionally use legendaries (LATIOS @_@) and don't think there's something wrong with them, but the same way people are free to use legendaries, people are free to say they are wrong to use.

~Aquatic;381;

Exev

Seriously I mean people have the right to chose which ones to train or use. I mean I agree that its totally unfair to someone who has normally trained Pokés and the other person has all legendarys or mostly. Now that isnt right because hes going to lose. So whats the fun in playing it if you know your going to lose. I just wish people wouldn't bash legendarys so much there the same as every other Pokémon except there just stronger and I wish people would just say ''Legends'' because ''Ubers'' is such stupid term >_> if you ask me.

Staryu

I know, I know..
There's nothing wrong with using them, but if you brag about using them, etc, then you're going to be labeled a n00b. It's just going to happen, and thats the risk you take. And if they're as great as you say they are, then I'm sure you can be mature and ignore people badmouthing them.

Geodude

Wobby is hardly broken. There are several ways to beat it, not the least of which is a simple use of Sleep Powder or Spore for example.

I understand not wanting to battle legendaries, but the idiots on NetBattle who have a laundry list of restrictions (no DT, ClubWak, Wobbuffet, SkarmBliss, etc.) are just lame. And that's a dead giveaway that they suck as battlers, since they have no idea how to even come up with a counterstrategy.

deoxys_attack_mode

I don't like people who use them constantly, because it makes the battles that much tougher competitively. I use them in-game, but only to train lower level Pokemon who will eventually replace them. In metagame, NEVER. Actually, I beat an uber-based team with a Linoone. So there are ways.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
There's nothing wrong with using them, but if you brag about using them, etc, then you're going to be labeled a n00b.
FTW.

No one flames anyone for using ubers, they just get mad as hell when they're Sceptile with flawless EVs and IVs, is instantly crushed by a Mewtwo. Kinda unfair isn't it? You can spend hundreds of hours perfecting a pokemon, but there's always going to be something stronger than it, even without special training or any effort put into it. People can use what they want, but don't think a victory against another human is worth anything if you win the whole battle with a Mewtwo you just captured.

Smashdood

<will eat your kids
ok, I agree with you guys totaly but I dont lieke it when my friend has a team of 2 level 100 rayquazas,kyogre,blaiziken,and groudon (they are all level 100's....)

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Wobby is hardly broken. There are several ways to beat it, not the least of which is a simple use of Sleep Powder or Spore for example.

I understand not wanting to battle legendaries, but the idiots on NetBattle who have a laundry list of restrictions (no DT, ClubWak, Wobbuffet, SkarmBliss, etc.) are just lame. And that's a dead giveaway that they suck as battlers, since they have no idea how to even come up with a counterstrategy.

Umm... What are you talking about? Bone club Marowak is certainly not restricted and neither is SkarmBliss or Wobbufette. Double Team isn't even really restricted. It's a stupid move that's all based on hax and luck. It takes all skill out of the battle. And people are allowed to use Double Team if they want. I've never seen anyone get in trouble for using it. It's just a lot of people refuse battles against people who use it. That's all...

And for the record, I'm not saying people can't use ubers. I was simply explaing to him why people frown upon it- hence, the point of this thread. That's all.

Fighting Dark Man

Everyone's Nightmare
People need to stop flaming others for using legendaries, it's their choice what they use in their team and if you actually put some effort into it, it'd be pretty easy to beat a full-legendary team. All I see now is "Don't use ubers", WTF is wrong man, I can understand making tiers etc but pokemon wasn't made for that purpose to have pokemon ruled out because of their stats, anyone can use any pokemon they want unless in a tournament of some kind or in agreement with their opponent/(s.) I personally don't use legendaries (I use lati@s but they are eligible for the battle frontier so I wouldn't cound em as legendaries) but I have nothing against them, trainers have the right to use whatever pokemon they want in a battle and not get flamed for it, I (pretty sure not just me) am sick of it, something needs to be done about it NOW!

'Tis true, my friend. I have a Mewtwo in Fire Red and it has not been specially EV trained. So, what fool here shall step forth and say that my Mewtwo once it reaches the pinnacle of levelhood (100) will be indestructible and shall cast a dark cloud on the kingdom of Pokemon battling? Thou needs more thought if one is to come up with a comeback of noteworthy stature and say that no Pokemon even if specially trained in the arts of combat and skill can best my Mewtwo in a duel. I rest my case.
EDIT: In case you need a translation, My Mewtwo can be beat by a lesser Pokemon that has been properly EV trained.

Walrus

I EAT BABIES!!!
back when i was a poken00b, (hey! i invented a word!) my whole team consisted of ubers and legendaries. then later on i abondoned them for normal pokes and as a result turned out to be a better battler and have a better grasp of the game. so my advise is not to use them, but if you do it's your choice and i'm not gonna flame ya.