• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This is a real team (OU)

Gen. Empoleon

Parasect-sect
I hope you enjoy looking at it.

tyranitar.png
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

The Sash Tar lead which is designed to obtain me early game kills through it's large movepool. Fire Blast will score me a 2HKO on Occa Berry Metagross leads, while Superpower will hurt Heatran leads. Dark Pulse is for STAB and to stop Azelf. Ice Beam is mainly to hit Dragon-type switch-ins or Aerodactyal leads for super effective damage. This lead does however lose horribly to Scarf Jirachi leads, and Infernape leads. Infernape's Fake Out goes to Latias or Starmie, as does Jirachi's Iron Head. From there I decide my moves accordingly.

---
starmie.png
@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 166 HP/212 Spd/132 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Surf
- Grass Knot

I used to run Rapid Spin on Starmie until I realized that withouth a move to help take down Gyarados I would be completely ****ed. I decided to ditch it for Thunderbolt to help me take Gyarados down with ease. Surf will handle Fire-types, Infernape, Heatran while I threw Grass Knot on this set to handle my large CursePert Weakness. Recover obviously to give my star some longer life in the long run. I don't miss Rapid Spin that much with Rotom everywhere, but on teams without Roto, then it would be helpful.

---
latias.png
@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP/100 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

attacking Latias. Basically it is the same exact set as Starmie except replace it's attacks with a few different ones. They work exactly the same. Latias helps me counter Gyarados and Infernape, while providing to be a check against a standard Salamence. Hidden Power Fire is for the inevitable Scizor switch in on Latias, while Surf + Draco Meteor should KO a standard CB Tar. I can recover off the damage I take from Life Orb and sandstorm with Recover.

---
scizor.png
@ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

We all need a Scizor on our team. The priority is helpful for taking down a +1 Salamence, especially with Lucario's Extremespeed. U-Turn is there to nail Latias and Tyranitar. Pursuit is to trap and Superpower is to hit Blissey. The EVs are given to not take more damage from Stealth Rock than I want to, and 8 Special Defense just because.

---
infernape.png
@ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat

The first part of my offensive core. Infernape is deadly with a Swords Dance under its belt, and can cause havak once it's set up. Outspeeding and OHKOing a Gyarados with a +1 Stone Edge is amazing, while hitting Scizor with Fire Punch. Close Combat is a general STAB move, but I need to be careful as the Defense drop from using it can make Infernape get KOed even more easily.

---
lucario.png
(M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed

The second part of my offensive core, with Lucario weakening most of Infernape's counters, Infernape has a much easier time sweeping once it's middle or mid late game. Crunch is needed on this set as I need to remove Rotom from the game ASAP. Getting rid of Celebi is a nice added bonus too. Extremespeed is for hitting other pokemon for priority, and Close Combat is a powerful STAB.

---

I like the looks of this, for the most part, but I think Draco Meteor on Latoas is sort of counter-productive. With Life Orb as it's hold item, and Recover in it's moveset, it's clear you are trying to keep Latias in for a few turns. I would get rid of it and replace it with Dragon Pulse.

So, Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor on Latias.

calum

Banned
This team is eaten by Gyarados and Mence, and dont say Starmie stops Gyara as it is OHKOed by Earthquake.

You could Scarf Starmie and use 80 HP / 176 SpAtk / 252 Spe Modest

Hydro Pump
TBolt
Trick
Grass Knot / Ice Beam etc

Also Tar isnt helping anybody bar Scizor and Lucario.

Infernape will have 82 % from switching in and 66% after one attack, that is without a Swords Dance.

Lack of a reliable Tar counter is worrysome, though Scizor (who is OHKOed for the most part bya +1 Stone Edge) and Lucario should be fine.

Really, this team is Ok, but really fails to stop most of the metagames most feared pokemon. Also with Starmie running 212 Spe, Gengar becomes very threatening especially Sub / HP Fire ones.

The mian reason behind this is because you are running a suicide lead and two very frail sweepers.

Im not sure whether you thought this out too well, but nevermind

You could run Flare Biltz on Infernape to get Blaze to activate faster/easier.
Also think a (mostly) special-oriented Tyranitar is risky since its special attack isn't THAT high.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Your Tyranitar lead screws over the rest of your team, you're much better running taunt Aero as a lead, since atm SS+LO+SR really screws over infernape and latias. Not to mention it cancels out starmie's lefties, really Tyranitar's a crap lead for your team since nothing really likes it and two things kill it.

last time i checked Starmie needs 216 speed to outrun +1offensive gyara but i really cba to check so i'm probably wrong on that.

You have no SR support so mixmence really screws you over, mix mence is a problem to a lot of teams but at least most have SR to take it down.

Last edited:

MajorGambit

Your Starmie is ****ed up. It does not check Mence and Gyra, does not do massive damage, due to the lack of a boosting item. Leftovers is useless on it, as it does not survive hits generally. Also, what Gren Draco said is totally right.

Scizor needs SR support for it to be able to revenge kill Mence. I had a team that used all the five pokes you're using, except for Ape (I used Zapdos) so I can fairly say I know what I'm talking about. The team lacks bulk. No one can take hits well. Heavy hitters just give you (and used to gave me) nightmare.

ScarMie is a solution. You need another lead. You need to replace either ape or luke or give them support for the necessary set up.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm not for sure T-tars Sand stream does anything for this team, as none of them resist it. (well, Scizor&Lucario might)

Starmie can't deal with a Gyrados, since he's just too frail.
I'd go with Thunderpunch on Ape personally, but...

Oh, never have seen a Scarftar before.
Why a Special Based tar?

OH, i need to see a proper Salamence counter.

Last edited:

johnXkid

Candlelight
This team is eaten by Gyarados and Mence, and dont say Starmie stops Gyara as it is OHKOed by Earthquake.
Wrong. Max Attack Adamant Gyarados does 57.62% - 67.88% including Life Orb without a Dragon Dance. +1 Jolly Gyarados with Life Orb (the better nature for LO DD) does 78.48% - 92.38%. Bulky Gyara is comfortably stopped by Starmie as well. Really though Gen, run some more Def over SpAtk on Starmie, it'll help alot.

You are also wrong about Substitute HP Fire Gengar and the 212 Spe EVs. 212 Spe Starmie will always outspeed HP Fire Gengar and break the Substitute.

For a real rate though, replace Sash Tar tbh. The only successful team i've ever used SashTar on was a team that actually needed Sandstorm, and tbh you really don't need it here.

EDIT: @Gren 216 Spe is used to outpace +Spe base 110s

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
Gen., i like the team.

SashTar has something that Sash users usually dont, which is good defenses. IMO, what would work with that is Scarf TTar, who would beat all other leads but Jirachi in Speed and would basically do a good job as a lead.

216 Spe on Starmie is a jump point, if your not using the 212 for something else. And your Starmie is actually reasonably bulky, so i wouldn't worry about that too much.

Anyway, its pretty much standard but it works. GL with it.

I like the looks of this, for the most part, but I think Draco Meteor on Latoas is sort of counter-productive. With Life Orb as it's hold item, and Recover in it's moveset, it's clear you are trying to keep Latias in for a few turns. I would get rid of it and replace it with Dragon Pulse.

So, Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor on Latias.

Glad to see people from the Battles Forum here.

I'll strongly suggest Choice Scarf Starmie. You lose nothing other than Recover since you don't use Rapid Spin. In return you'll get the Salamence check your team desperately needs. See, right now Salamence rapes your team with ease. Other than that, and that I have time for, I'd say take out Tyranitar for another lead. That uses Stealth Rock. Preferably Metagross since it gives you a sturdier Steel-type to take Dragon-type attacks..

calum

Banned
Wrong. Max Attack Adamant Gyarados does 57.62% - 67.88% including Life Orb without a Dragon Dance. +1 Jolly Gyarados with Life Orb (the better nature for LO DD) does 78.48% - 92.38%. Bulky Gyara is comfortably stopped by Starmie as well. Really though Gen, run some more Def over SpAtk on Starmie, it'll help alot.

+1 Adamant still beats and the spread I run comfortably OHKOs after a DD. And after SR Starmie is looking at 88%, so really even Jolly is likely to KO. If not Sandstorm comes into play before Letovers so Starmie is most likely going to faint either way.

Whoops about Starmie thing, but really run 216 for jump point and outrunning things trying ot outpcae 110s.

I do not see why Starmie needs to break the Sub as either way Shadow Ball is a comfortable KO.

So Starmie is not a reliable counter to Gyarados.

I still think you should Scarf Starmie, and possibly run some sort of bulky lead over Tyranitar, as he is not helping your tea at all.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
Are you actually using Swarm on Scizor? It is MUCH better with technician. Bullet punched at 90 base power rock 60 base power, same with pursuit. Unless you have some hidden reason for swarm..

Not in all cases. Aglility and SubScizors prefer Swarm to boost X-Scissor, which becomes it's more reliable STAB move

Though since this isn't the case for either, Technician is going to be the better option

calum

Banned
Are you actually using Swarm on Scizor? It is MUCH better with technician. Bullet punched at 90 base power rock 60 base power, same with pursuit. Unless you have some hidden reason for swarm..

Of course they are. It was clearly not a joke, and Im suprised they arent running Illuminate on Starmie

Lazabeam

I really don't see the point in Tar and really doesn't beat anything but azelf unless your playing a 5 year old. How about we replace a move on Tar and go for counter? This let's you beat all metagross leads and you don't even have to predict x3 it can also allow you to surprise kill pert assuming it EQ's which anyone with half a mind would do. Ape dies after ss and counter you can even KO rachi but you have a 40% because of hax

On a last note ZOMG I think I just made a godly lead

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Atk 252 Spe 252 idk? I don't know how to ev counter things
-Crunch
-Eq/Taunt/SR
-Counter
-Protect

Alright well crunch is for Azelf and stuff like that. You can beat Tran with EQ but ( Taunt-Counter is cool) and prevents stuff from setting up spikes Sr or stat boost. Or you could go the 3rd route and set up your own SR. Protect allows you to beat ape because you can protect the fake out this keeping your sash and counter is well counter :p

Last edited:

MajorGambit

I really don't see the point in Tar and really doesn't beat anything but azelf unless your playing a 5 year old. How about we replace a move on Tar and go for counter? This let's you beat all metagross leads and you don't even have to predict x3 it can also allow you to surprise kill pert assuming it EQ's which anyone with half a mind would do. Ape dies after ss and counter you can even KO rachi but you have a 40% because of hax

On a last note ZOMG I think I just made a godly lead

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Atk 252 Spe 252 idk? I don't know how to ev counter things
-Crunch
-Eq/Taunt/SR
-Counter
-Protect

Alright well crunch is for Azelf and stuff like that. You can beat Tran with EQ but ( Taunt-Counter is cool) and prevents stuff from setting up spikes Sr or stat boost. Or you could go the 3rd route and set up your own SR. Protect allows you to beat ape because you can protect the fake out this keeping your sash and counter is well counter :p

No, you fail. It won't prevent stuff from setting up SR, cause its HELL SLOW. And won't even have the chance to taunt azelf and aero, cause THEY will taunt you FIRST.

Ape also carries a sash, so he won't ko him.

Next time you want to say something, check out if this not completely dumb.

Edit: @OP: Swarm??? HELL NO! Only on the cases mentioned by Digital Love.

No, you fail. It won't prevent stuff from setting up SR, cause its HELL SLOW. And won't even have the chance to taunt azelf and aero, cause THEY will taunt you FIRST.

Ape also carries a sash, so he won't ko him.

Next time you want to say something, check out if this not completely dumb.

Edit: @OP: Swarm??? HELL NO! Only on the cases mentioned by Digital Love.

No, you fail, MajorAsshole.

Ape gets his Focus Sash broken by Sandstorm. Know what is that?

But HE will Taunt Swampert FIRST.

Swarm is a dammed joke.

Next time you say something, check out it is not completely dumb.

Last edited:

johnXkid

Candlelight
+1 Adamant still beats and the spread I run comfortably OHKOs after a DD. And after SR Starmie is looking at 88%, so really even Jolly is likely to KO. If not Sandstorm comes into play before Letovers so Starmie is most likely going to faint either way.

Whoops about Starmie thing, but really run 216 for jump point and outrunning things trying ot outpcae 110s.

I do not see why Starmie needs to break the Sub as either way Shadow Ball is a comfortable KO.

So Starmie is not a reliable counter to Gyarados.

I still think you should Scarf Starmie, and possibly run some sort of bulky lead over Tyranitar, as he is not helping your tea at all.

What kind of Gyara spread do you use, and better question yet; what kind of Starmie's are you facing?

574 Atk vs 245 Def & 295 HP (100 Base Power): 218 - 257 (73.90% - 87.12%)

Absolute max attack +1 Gyara's LO Earthquake against standard Starmie. You don't even have a chance to OHKO with Stealth Rock.