• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This just in: Pokemon is the devil's work, and all fans will be sent to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
If it's on the Internet, it must be true.

Some highlights:
Richards' 5-year-old son tore the limbs and head off a Pokemon doll and spit on the dismembered carcass.
During the demonstration, the children chanted: "Burn it. Burn it,'' and "Chop it up. Chop it up.'' "Kill them All!"
-------------------
Pokemon, (pronounced POH-kaymahn), is short for pocket demons.
-------------
The pokemons approach in the still of night, entering the parents mouths and lodging themselves in their tracheas until they suffocate. They then scurry off quietly and return to their masters bed.

After looking aroung the site a little, I'm thinking that this isn't for real, but rather an Onion-esque spoof of Christian extremism. Still good for a laugh though. And this is coming from a guy who considers himself Christian.

I wonder he'd say about GTA4? :p

TeamJohtoChris

Hero of Littleroot
Woah... there are alot of threads like this... I'ma rap it up:
Pokemon was made for PURE entertainment, and if it was meant to influence he kids into worshiping satan, the occult etc. than it would atleast be rated "T". The games are based off of the creator's love of bug-catching as a child.

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
This 'baptist against Pokémon' stuff has been going on for a LONG time.

Still, it's good for a quick laugh.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
This 'baptist against Pokémon' stuff has been going on for a LONG time.

Its not "baptist" against Pokemon. I was raised baptist, and half the people at my church loved Pokemon. I think it's just "A few random extremists" against Pokemon.

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
Its not "baptist" against Pokemon. I was raised baptist, and half the people at my church loved Pokemon. I think it's just "A few random extremists" against Pokemon.

Okay, lemme fix that. This 'extremist vs. Pokémon' stuff has been going on for a long time.

Shiny Bashamo

Isn't it cute ^^
Oh god, not this again.

these threads exist since pokémon got popular.

Pokémon was made purely for entertainment. if pokemon is "the devils work" then what about all the other shows on tv? and almost every game that isn't a dress-up game? That has violence in it right? So that is the devils work to?

please stop these threads, since they will only result in a flamewar against the Christians, and that would be discrimination.

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Aww, I expected better. On the main page, the title of this topic was shortened to "This just in: Pokémon is the...".

I was hoping it would be "This just in: Pokémon is the #1 best-selling franchise ever" or something.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Idiot falls for Joke article on joke site.

...Again.

Gee it got cOLD in here.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I never thought it was for real; I just posted it cause I thought it was good for a laugh.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I never thought it was for real; I just posted it cause I thought it was good for a laugh.

The damn article is from 1998 and has been posted here countless times.
It really stopped getting funny after It got posted THREE TIMES last year.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The damn article is from 1998 and has been posted here countless times.
It really stopped getting funny after It got posted THREE TIMES last year.

Ah, I see. I thought you meant these kinds of articles in general, not this exact one. I didn't see a date on it, and I got it from another forum where it was not regarded as old. (Although in retrospect I suppose on a Pokemon board it would be more common)

lansbury9

How come they had a pick on Pokémon but not Super Mario? < He's way too popular anyways, yet there's been no riot over "mushrooms" now, has there. Pokémon isn't even "up there" to the majority of Nintendo, except Pokémon Company. Makes you ponder, no?

Kim62

Hello
Relax, it's just a joke.

Serously though, why are people still posting this? Every work of fiction has been joked as the work of the devil at one point or another, what makes Pokemon so unique?

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
How come they had a pick on Pokémon but not Super Mario? < He's way too popular anyways, yet there's been no riot over "mushrooms" now, has there. Pokémon isn't even "up there" to the majority of Nintendo, except Pokémon Company. Makes you ponder, no?

What the *ERF* are you talking about? Pokemon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise behind Mario and the Second biggest video game franchise in the world, agian, only behind Mario.

And FYI. Mario DID probably cause some fuddle duddle when he came out, but there was no Internet in 1986 so Idiots could manifest and make articles so we could have a good laugh, and by the time the internet came, the Mario fad was over and the Pokemon fad had just started. Letting Fundelmentalist Christains bitch about "Why X is more popular with kids than the Bible. Therefore X is Satan in Disguse!" without any knowledge or backstory of the series itself.

jellsprout

How long has it been since this article was last posted? Two months or something?

suicuneluvz

suicune trainer
nuhuh

Pokemon aint' no devils work!!!
People who think it is will be banished by me and need to shut their mouthes!!!

suicuneluvz

suicune trainer
nuhuh

Quote:
What the *ERF* are you talking about? Pokemon is Nintendo's second biggest franchise behind Mario and the Second biggest video game franchise in the world, agian, only behind Mario.

And FYI. Mario DID probably cause some fuddle duddle when he came out, but there was no Internet in 1986 so Idiots could manifest and make articles so we could have a good laugh, and by the time the internet came, the Mario fad was over and the Pokemon fad had just started. Letting Fundelmentalist Christains ***** about "Why X is more popular with kids than the Bible. Therefore X is Satan in Disguse!" without any knowledge or backstory of the series itself.

shutup

Status
Not open for further replies.