• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This month's tiering changes.

Quite a bit of stuff has happened with this recent tier list change, most notably Heracross dropping to UU and Shaymin finally breaking into OU. There have been a few other changes with UU: Exeggutor, Primeape, Qwilfish, Kangaskhan and Ursaring have entered UU from NU; whilst Slowking, Regirock and Poliwrath have dropped from UU to NU. Basically discuss these changes.

I really don't like what will become of NU. So much for broken Fire-types, as both Regirock and Slowking will lol them away (except Magmortar with its ridiculous Focus Blast swatting away Regirock), but this core will probably be near-unbreakable. People have discussed SD Meganium being a tierbreaker this round, but we'll have to see.

Also Heracross in UU makes me want to play competitive again so yay.

PS: Hera in UU before Electivire wtf is this bs. :mad:

Last edited:
Heracross will probably end up BL. Choice Banded hits are going to slaughter even things that resist them.

You also have to worry about whether it has Stone Edge or Night Slash for SD/Sub sets. It'll be Salamence all over again.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Hera will be BL. Also, GO SHAYMIN! I used it before mence got banned and it was awesome.

hobby

Of course Hera will end up in BL. I will always maintain that Hera is (offensively) superior to Gallade, who was a menace when it was in UU. That and there is really nothing to keep Hera in line reliably. Most of the other moves are not that surprising really though I do agree EVire should have gone UU before Hera...

Noobs will be noobs.

The thing with Gallade is it had priority in Shadow Sneak, which Hera doesn't; therefore Hera is far more susceptible to being revenge killed than Gallade. Twin 120 power STABs means that nothing can switch in either really, especially when couple with Night Slash/Stone Edge/Facade (the latter of which is the best option on SD Hera).

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
My Primeape is now a UU?

Meh, whatever. It's nice to see that it is appreciated, but it would have been so much better for me in NU. Oh well.

And Heracross, too! YES! Now I can make that UU Ash Team I always dreamed of! (Pikachu, Primeape, Charizard, Heracross, Muk, Tauros)

These tiering changes were pretty predictable tbh...

Hera was dangerously close to falling last time so its no surprise there. Shaymin became very popular after Mence left and many predicted it would be OU. UU is going to be fun to play with Heracross being so powerful, though I give it a month tops before it gets the boot to BL. Changes between UU and NU were a bit bigger, though few enough people play NU to begin with. I still might play a couple matches to see how Regirock does.

Simse

I'm most interested in Regirock now, the unkillable Rock now in NU, I can see it being spammed quite a bit. And seeing as Eggy at the same time has been moved into UU, that's one less thing for Regirock to worry abut.
I'm also glad Primape is gone, that U-Turning *** was annoying me in NU.

And the big talking point, Heracross in UU. It's easily going into BL soonish. It's too powerful for UU.
Even Rotom can't stand up to Heracross.
CB Megahorn vs RestTalk Rotom = 43.8% - 51.6%
Erm, okayy. And it can't exactly Burn Hera.
Jesus Christ...

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
Great, Shaymin's OU. >.> Now I have to stop using it. D: Kinda happy that Qwilfish gets a bit more use now though.

gallade also had the ability to nail anything that resists and can tank a +2 CC(weezing, nidoking, etc) with a psycho cut/ zen headbutt that easily KOs and had a way to beat scarf rotom, alakazam, etc. lets keep an open mind about hera

Oh right, Nidoqueen / Weezing. I forgot about them..

On second thought it might not be instant BL, though I'm interested to see its effects on the tier.

I'm actually kinda surprised that Heracross wasn't moved immediately to BL. He used to be a strong threat in OU, so he'll definitely be a strong one in UU. He'll be BL before long.

And why has Weavile not dropped yet? Or Electivire?

Glad to see Ursaring's moved up. I like him. And GO SHAYMIN!

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
Erm, why??

I get so irritated at so many peple using nothing but OU's, to the point that there's like....very little diversity in battles. I used to use Shaymin(physical) because it was BL. Now that it's OU, I can't help but begin to dislike it and stop using it. Regardless of my opinion, I just can't bring myself to use OUs.

windsong

WEST SIDE
I'm sorry, but lol physically based Shaymin.

Do you use EVire and liek, Ninjask too?

Also, Heracross in UU is awesomeness. Sure, he breaks the meta into pieces, but it makes laddering so easy against people who aren't prepared for it.

Toxicano

Lord of Shuckles
I'm sorry, but lol physically based Shaymin.

Do you use EVire and liek, Ninjask too?

Also, Heracross in UU is awesomeness. Sure, he breaks the meta into pieces, but it makes laddering so easy against people who aren't prepared for it.

No, I don't use either of them. I just don't like using OUs, even if everything else on my team is NU/UU. Also, what's wrong with physical Shaymin? Swords Dance, Seed Bomb, Zen HEadbutt and Quick Attack are fairly effective.