• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This needs to be said/a rant on Journeys

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I only say it’s mental gymnastics because you have to assume based on faint clues that he’s off screen trained with Dracovish and this even assuming he used him during these ranking battles. Nonetheless it still make his strength level over powered because he shouldn’t have been that competent between those episodes regardless.
I mean faint clues are better than no clues Id say, and again this series has been a fan of off screen training in the past so they definitely did it here, I agree that the Iris battle wasnt scripted well and dracovish being deserved to beat angrynite or not is worhty of being a debate with skepticism, but I just want to point out Dracovish wasnt entirely a newbie

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean faint clues are better than no clues Id say, and again this series has been a fan of off screen training in the past so they definitely did it here, I agree that the Iris battle wasnt scripted well and dracovish being deserved to beat angrynite or not is worhty of being a debate with skepticism, but I just want to point out Dracovish wasnt entirely a newbie
Yeah I agree it could be a possibility but you’ll have clowns claiming that because he beat Iris she’s somehow not Champion tier (yet Diantha was struggling against Greninja EPISODES before the league even started but let’s not go there) because of the unfortunate fact they decided to make Ash OP when it’s undeserved. Even that battle against Valkner made no sense

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I mean, why would I help my opponent's Pokemon have an easier time fighting me and maybe even win. It's the trainer's fault they didn't prepare accordingly. I'm not that chubby-chubby. To hell with that. You gonna get rekt'd and be forced to acknowledge your shortcomings to become better.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah I agree it could be a possibility but you’ll have clowns claiming that because he beat Iris she’s somehow not Champion tier (yet Diantha was struggling against Greninja EPISODES before the league even started but let’s not go there) because of the unfortunate fact they decided to make Ash OP when it’s undeserved. Even that battle against Valkner made no sense
They clowns for a reason :p
Iris is the Champion and the strongest trainer in Unova, people can deal with it! People can argue that other champions are stronger, Leon and Cynthia definitely are but by canon she is champion tier and again, Alder never did anything impressive either so its just pure bias against Iris at play here

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean, why would I help my opponent's Pokemon have an easier time fighting me and maybe even win. It's the trainer's fault they didn't prepare accordingly. I'm not that chubby-chubby. To hell with that. You gonna get rekt'd and be forced to acknowledge your shortcomings to become better.
Honestly I say she gave up the match. She purposely helped Ash cheer Dragonite up (he should of been taken out) and stopped commanding Haxorus while cheering him on using Draco Meteor so take that as you will. Although I recognized that isn’t a popular opinion.

Honestly I say she gave up the match. She purposely helped Ash cheer Dragonite up (he should of been taken out) and stopped commanding Haxorus while cheering him on using Draco Meteor so take that as you will. Although I recognized that isn’t a popular opinion.
Iris, why would you do that? Sabotaging yourself to help a friend?

Ash did this a couple of times during leagues, like with getting Cameron to enter on time and getting Alain to enter the league
But Ash didn't know he was going to loose. Iris did this during the battle.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
She’s the Champion of Unova and Ash is the Champion of a pedestrian island league. A monarch doesn’t have to prove themselves to peasants.
If that's the case, they wouldn't have battled at all.

Sham

The Guardian of War
If that's the case, they wouldn't have battled at all.
I think a battle would of happened between them anyway. It’s not like the writers marketed it as “Champion vs Champion” despite them spoiling she was the Champion before the episode even aired.

RafaSceptile

I don't care about people trying to put their headcanons of Iris not being champion tier when she is canonically a champion tier trainer. Sometimes reality is hard to accept.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If anything, I'm glad that he still loses occasionally since it proves that despite him winning the Alola League, his character hasn't become an overpowered Mary Sue. This gives me hope that even if he does end up beating Dande towards the end of Pocket Monsters 2019, he'll continue to struggle against opponents in the next series despite his accomplishments in this one.