• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

This old question once again...

Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Charmander

Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • I've thought about it for at least 5 years and still don't have an answer.

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I always picked Charmander. In Gen 1, it looked cuter than the other two, and it became a dragon. What's not to love?

Furthermore Charizard will have tougher time trying to taking on Lorelei, Fire pokémon didn't resist Ice type in gen one, and Lance.
Is that why he kept getting frozen? This explains much...but it also raises more questions. Why aren't Fire Pokemon resistant to Ice Pokemon in Gen 1? Was it a mistake, like the Ghost/Psychic Pokemon?

Aquarelle

Staff member
I selected Charmander on the poll. It was my favourite Pokemon back in Gen I. It became my favourite mostly because of the anime and how I thought that Ash's Charmander was stronger than his Bulbasaur and Squirtle. I also liked its design the best.
Today, it's probably still my favourite of the Kanto starters, though Squirtle comes a close second (Water's my favourite type now).

That said, I've used the starters pretty much evenly on my Gen I games. I obviously started with Pikachu on Yellow, but I have always also used Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur on my team when playing through that game. I started with Squirtle on Blue and Bulbasaur on Red because I felt they were the best fits for the teams I planned for those games. Not too long ago, I bought a copy of Green version and made sure to start with Charmander.

deh74

Seine Majestät
The bulbasaur line its superior to every in the universe and chariza and blastoise are inferior.

CuteSylveon

I voted for Charmander-he was my very first Pokemon, plus i think he's the cutest of all three. Whenever i choose him, i always keep him a Charmander too.

I also like Charmander the most because i always remember the episode 'Charmander-the stray Pokemon'...that episode made me like him and has left a pernament impression on me though i was only 10 when i first saw it...i even cried and i thought 'who in the world could abandon such a loyal and cute pet out in the rain knowing it could die?' it made me rethink a lot of things in life, so Charmander always has a special place in my heart hehe :3

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Charmander, then Squirtle, then Bulbasaur. The more I think back, the more I find I loved all three, but Charizard has always been my favorite.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I choose between Squirtle and Charmander because I don't like grass type starters.

Ditto B1tch

It's Bulbasaur. The most balanced starter from the trio.

Charmander is too much offensive for such a few defensive Pokemon, and Squirtle is such very slow and quite defensive.

FallBird

My first pick when I went back and played Red was Squirtle (just because my Totodile in Gold did so good for me so I wanted another water type!) but nowadays, when I do Red or FireRed just for s's and g's, I always pick Bulbasaur. He's grown on me. <3

Estellise

peachy
I, personally, love Charizard more than the other Kanto starters. Sure, he's got an extreme weakness to Stealth Rock, but that doesn't matter to me.

PKMNinja

Black Ninja
Wait, I change my mind. If I got blue I would get squirtle. If red, charmander. If I got the japenese green, bulbasaur.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Ooh, this is tough. A year ago, I would have said Squirtle hands down. However, Bulbasaur has really grown on me. In the end, I do have to go with my original favorite Pokemon, Squirtle, because Blastoise is definitely cooler than Venasaur. Ooh, but Ivysaur is cooler than Wartortle. Dang. I'm indecisive.

happinas

fairy~
I started with Squirtle, so..

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
I chose Squirtle the most of any starter, and my favorite water starter. I do like Charmander, too. Squirtle beats Charmander by one point in my book. Never been a big fan of grass starter, and it doesn't change for Bulbasaur. My third favorite Grass starter.

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
charizard may be the worst battle wise but still looks the coolest imo

Status
Not open for further replies.