• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"This Site has stolen from Serebii.net" That what you're going to say? Post Here

HHH

DX master
Is it okay to take content if we give special thanks to Serebii?

Virtual Chatot

Circa 2006
Look, by the law of the internet...

You can take anything from anywhere as long as you give credit to that site...

Unless you're hacking credit card numbers...Then you're going to jail

K Brown

Hmmm....is intresting to see how everything seems to be stolen from here. ¿Has annyone wondered if that information was actually originaly stolen by a serebii member?....no acussing here, just a posibility.

May>Misty

Yay May!
Look, by the law of the internet...

You can take anything from anywhere as long as you give credit to that site...

Unless you're hacking credit card numbers...Then you're going to jail

Don't you mean "Unless you're hacking credit card numbers...Then you're NOT going to jail"?

latias chan

GOO GOO GAJOOB
I think its wrong that people steal serebii, coronis and other people's HARD WORK.
The other sites are just too lazy to get it themselves

cecil900

OMG I'M HAWT!
I think its wrong that people steal serebii, coronis and other people's HARD WORK.
The other sites are just too lazy to get it themselves

I'd like to say well duh but that would be rude

Clicky

Last edited:

Kinsao

XXDDDD!!1!11one!!
Post all the sites that have stolen content from Serebii.net or our forums

Link to the site and explain what they've taken and when

It's funny those that just post "Stolen" or "Rip Off"... yet fail to "explain what they've taken and when"

I'm sure many of you will find sites similar to this one, and I'm sure content has been stolen, but the site you accuse of stealing may not have.

Case in point:

I'm sorry but besides the sites that you are reporting that steal content the layout ones dont steal anything. Its a program called PHPNuke. The way Serebii is layed out is the exact same way the program makes its normal template. Most of those sites that look similar are actually just using the PHPNuke program. It alows a dynamic site for users of little to no skill in Php code. Hope that clears some things up. The layout of Serebii is in no way original. It has been used millions of times.

Not to say this site isn't original. It is by far the best pokemon resource around, no one else can mimic that.

Werd.

I'd like to say well duh but that would be rude

Umm, don't you see the irony in that statement? o___O

Last edited:

legendary

i havent found any forums yet apartfrom pkm.net whatever its called and plus the forum is just a mountain of junk ......
and me and a 2 other former serebii.net members have made legendarys castle if you wanna check it out like stuff being the same just tell me i would happily change it..... but i dont think its copied or nothing well shouldnt be :)

Manaphyman

Up all night
I havent found any sites other than the ones mentioned, although Pokecharms seems to use a lot of the same stuff.

Also, their opinion on Serebii and it's forums is something Joe might wanna look into.

Ryuu -=DPM=-

DPMClanE4Champ&Admin
we sometimes get information from here on -=dpm=- but most of it is credited (some info isn't credited but thats because its like stuff we just mention in passing)

-Summer-

BeatFreaks Fo Lyfe<3
Probably everything is getting stolen from here is because it has the best information. Either way as long as you dont pay attention to those sites its not a big deal. We all know this site has the most acurate information anyways. But I have never seen any stolen information on sites before. Probably because I only use this site for information.

Sableye

http://www.pokenightmare.com/

They have stolen a lot of Anime Episode Pictures. They have some different ones, but most are exactly the same as the ones provided on Serebii.

I have stolen no anime pics from SPP at all. All of my pics I did by myself. If you really compare them, you will see that they are not the same. Besides, as you said some of them are different. So why would I go through the trouble stealing from SPP when I can make them myself?