• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"This Site has stolen from Serebii.net" That what you're going to say? Post Here

Camzy2012

I think I found theft, but this is kinda iffy...

This fellow on Deviantart http://dabomberdudeguy.deviantart.com/ took screenshots from serebii's B&W new pokemon page and posted them as "art". Not only did the person not give serebii.net any credit for the screenies, but they are not posted as "scraps", which is against DA's rules. They are posted as "game development art".

If this dosen't count, I apologize.

tomthepom

natie

Mr. F
Whoa, that looks horrible.

This is pathetic, unless you have it copyrighted or trademarked then you can't say it's yours. Like a layout for instance, you can't say it's yours Joe because it's just a fricken layout.

tomthepom

This is pathetic, unless you have it copyrighted or trademarked then you can't say it's yours. Like a layout for instance, you can't say it's yours Joe because it's just a fricken layout.

Nobody is saying Serebii owns it.

Are you refering to the Pokecommunity posts or this thread in general?

In general. What does it matter if a site has taken something? More fall them if they can't do it themselves.

tomthepom

Sorry if this is counted as spam.

But if you put time and effort into something and someone came, ripped it off of you, said they wrote it and never gave you any credit. You wouldn't be annoyed at all?

Sorry if this is counted as spam.

But if you put time and effort into something and someone came, ripped it off of you, said they wrote it and never gave you any credit. You wouldn't be annoyed at all?

No, because I would know that I had worked for it, and that person is just cheating themselves.

And I mean't the internet in general, not life.

In reality, NO ONE except Game Freak, TPCi and any other affiliate of the pokemon franchise own this information.

So why is it wrong if someone takes information from Serebii if Serebii has no legal right to it?