• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"This year I'll finish my story! And I mean it!" 2010 Fanfiction Goals

Breezy

Happy New Year! Hope you a fabulous celebration of shooting illegal fireworks, then screaming at your neighbors at one in the morning for continuing to shoot illegal fireworks, because dammit, you just got your one-and-a-half year old niece to bed, who recently had a freak out because she wanted to see more "pitty lights, peas?" and just when you get the childproof door open, because god knows, Bree, you are the adult, not the child, and should be capable of opening such a confusing contraption, the fireworks stop; and good god, where is your mother, child, I cannot deal with this, I was suppose to be at another party by now.

Ahem.

It is twenty ten (or two thousand ten. Whatever makes you feel lovely inside) and that means someone here is taking the post count opportunity to create SPPf's yearly "Fan fiction new year resolution thingy", which could be more eloquently written had a better author created this thread. Too bad. I took the opportunity post count.

The idea of this thread is simple: What do you plan to do in writing this year? Do you plan on reviewing more frequently? Any plans to revise that pokeshipping 'fic you wrote when you were twelve? Are you going to finish that story that you said you'd finish in 2007? Gonna wrassle some plot bunnies? Save the cheerleader, save the world? Gonna hideously spread rumors that some author is a pokemon? Let's say a ... a lapras, or something?

Here is 2009's goal thread in case you wanted to see if you kept your fan fiction resolutions and/or to copy/paste the same thing you've been saying for the last ten years.

As for me, my goals are (har har) to finish my main story, considering there's like ... one chapter left. This is actually going to be my revision year. I plan on going back on a bunch of my fics and editing them. Not sure about the reviewing aspect yet.

Note: Breezy? Not right in the head? Yes.

Dilasc

Boip!
I set no goals:

Dust to Deceit is on again/off again hiatus shtick, the Generic Story is too... random, it could end next chapter or in 5 years! Either way, I set no goals and thus make no promises!

The best I could set my sights on is more progress at best.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Funny, did anyone actually meet the goals they set last year? I know I didn't. This time around, I hope to finish the last two chapters of Part 1 for Crusade, and maybe a one-shot I've been brooding over for a while. Hopefully, when I finish Part 1, I can go back and do some revision work, and get Part 2 all planned out for good.

Apart from that, I don't really have anything planned. Once I finish Crusade, I don't plan on writing anything else pokemon-centered other than an occasional one-shot.

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
LOL, this thread's title was my resolution for last year, word for word.

2010's come, and it's now this year's fic writing resolution.

;^_^

I'll also be working on revamping my one-shot for the HGSS contest after the judge's healthy and helpful input and maybe make it a two shot. Then we'll see what comes next.

L@er!

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Breezy, are you accusing anyone in particular of spreading that rumour?

Well, I am hoping to post all of my fic by the end of the year. I'm not sure the odds of me reaching that, but it's nice to have a goal =)

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Funny, did anyone actually meet the goals they set last year? I know I didn't. This time around, I hope to finish the last two chapters of Part 1 for Crusade, and maybe a one-shot I've been brooding over for a while. Hopefully, when I finish Part 1, I can go back and do some revision work, and get Part 2 all planned out for good.

Apart from that, I don't really have anything planned. Once I finish Crusade, I don't plan on writing anything else pokemon-centered other than an occasional one-shot.

Haha. Okay, let's see my resolution from last year:

I plan to have all of "Nothing, Everything" posted by the end of June I hope, before I finish I junior year at uni. Even though I want to keep the story active a bit longer and work more on revising the chapters, when I hit senior year of uni I'll be extremely busy with school, work, graduation, and prepare finding a job related to my field (fianance). That, and also NE has six chapters left, so I get posting them. XD Seriously, I actually can't wait to post the ending chapters. =O

There's also two other projects I'm thinking, both one shot/ short stories. One is Pokemon and a prequel to NE and another one is a Naruto Shippuden one that's based off from the Tweleve Ninja Guardians arc (my favorite arc of the anime so far XD).

There's ONE MORE project, but it's secret.

-NE all posted. Done in early May of last year. :3

-The prequel to NE. I did, buttttt...I quit on that project because I realize some new readers might have to read all of NE to get this story. >.>

-The Naruto Shippuden story? I did that, but didn't finish because I thought the main character is becoming OOC. D:

-The secret project: Not going to talk about it. :x

Well anyways, pretty much my New Years Resolution is be able to revise all of Heart of the Sea and get it all posted too. However, I'm in my last year of uni and I'll be doing the job search game soon, so...>.> Also, I'm hoping to get The Last Rocket out, but not exactly sure what to do with the project just yet. We'll see, though.

As for reviewing, pretty much to try to review more fics here and to write better ones. I need to put more meat into mines. XD

Aladar

Dark lord of Sith
My fanfic resolution... uhm, to keep on writing my story and make it better. Yup.

IJuggler

how much words
I hope to churn out a few chapters of a fic that I actually like.

That'll probably take three-quarters of the year itself, likely. I've rewritten the first chapter three times by now.

My goal is ACTUALLY COMPLETE Finding Acai and not spend my writing time excitedly making chapter art and lazing about on Serebii.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I got my goals for 2009 (crazy writer that I am). For this year, I've got a Journey fic that I've been working on since June of last year that I'd like to start posting at some point this year. But I'd like to get the Gym battles written up before I start posting. Those are always where I get stalled (even for Trial By Water, which got stopped at the first Gym battle...). Six Spirit has a description that sounds like a train-wreck: It's an OT journey-fic in a fake region with fakemon with a 23-year-old protagonist that has a great emphasis on culture, religion, and respect, that doesn't so much have an 'evil team' so much as it has 'fanatics who are being misled by demons'. But it's not a train wreck.

Maybe since I revealed that info, I can make myself finish those dang Gym battles.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
My resolution for this year is to sketch out the main plotline for my not-published project - and actually give it a name (The Sliding SCALE or Don't Stop the Future? Hmm.) - while still keeping Delta Species up and running. I don't think I'll start writing aforementioned story until DS finishes, which will probably be a very long time. Or maybe I'll even FINISH MY PMD STORY!!! /dramatic-lighting

Any plans to revise that pokeshipping 'fic you wrote when you were twelve?

Replace 'Pokéshipping fic' with 'shakily-plotted fic with a good concept' and you have my resolution for next year... or at least whenever I finish Delta Species. x3

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
&& My Goals
1. Come back to the Sppf Fan Fiction Section (Uh.. I should have a while ago)
2. Finish my One Week Drabble-Series and post it (Shippers Comm)
3. Start my Avatar (James Cameron) Fan Fic
- I have the general plot planed out​
4. Get 2 One-Shots done written
- Again, I have the ideas plotted out.​
5. Re-Start my Glee Fic.​

I think I can do it.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
My goals for 2010, in their simplified glory:

1. Finish revising chapters of Anima Ex Machina (as in, catch up to the original version, even in a very loose sense, considering I've derailed the plot). And be satisfied with it.
1a. I don't plan on finishing it, but I'd like to go beyond the point where the original leaves off.

2. Review more often everywhere. (Maybe pull off a NaReWriMo?)

3. Finish a fifty-prompt challenge I started back in 2005.

4. Start and maybe finish an original fic. (NaNoWriMo?) Yes, I have ideas.

Gonna hideously spread rumors that some author is a pokemon? Let's say a ... a lapras, or something?

Convince everyone that Breezy is a Psyduck.

Dragonfree

Just me
I didn't reach either of my goals for 2009, which were to write 100 pages of The Quest for the Legends and to finish Morphic. In TQftL's case, I think it's the fact I've been doing heavy battle chapters, what with the League and all, and battles are always a bit of a bother for me to do. Morphic... well, I just write Morphic slowly. That said, I am still going to be way optimistic and hope I do finish it this year.

And... I do hope I manage to write 100 pages of The Quest for the Legends in 2010, at least. The next chapters aren't quite as battle-heavy and thus I don't expect them to take as dreadfully long.

So, basically, my goals for 2010 are exactly the same as for 2009. Lovely.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
1. To post my story that I've been planning for over a year, and to actually finish the first chapter and make it likable.

2. To write well and not crap-ridden emotionless listy descriptionless one-shots.

These are pretty much what 2009 goals would've been, but I didn't know these threads existed then.

I hope the rest of you can finish your ideas for this year, as I noticed some of you weren't able to.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Well, here are the goals I've got so far.

1. Complete The Explorers of the Core. Chance of success: 99%.

2. Begin The Explorers of the Beyond. Chance of successs: 99%.

3. Begin The Auroras of Time. Chance of success: 25%.

4. Complete The Explorers of the Beyond. Chance of success: 25%

5. Reveal my top-secret Project: Primordial. Chance of success: 10%.

I have doubts about getting those last three done, but it's possible.

Last edited:

Phantom Kat

Hobo Writer
Let's see, my goals are:

a. Continue writing "My Guardian Angel". I seriously doubt I'll finish it this year, but all I hope for is that I continue writing it.

a1. I guess my ultimate goal for MGA is to get it nominated for the FF 2010 Awards (if there is one). I've only had one person reviw at all, but maybe that will change as I get more chapters up. I mean, SOMEONE has to notice it eventually. I hope.

b. Finish outlining these two plot ideas. One is an supernatural/adventure/romance fan fic and the other is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story. I don't know if I'll start writing one of them until I finish "My Guardian Angel". If I wait until it's finished, I think I'll lose interest first. ._.

c. Actually write up some of those Mystery Dungeon one-shots that have been brewing in my head.

d. Enter NaNoWriMo and actually be succesful in it. I'll probably be doing a fan fic.

- Kat

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
-Write at least one chapter of Obsession (just BARELY did this for '09)
-Finish Void (it would have been REALLY great if I could have done so before mid-November given that if I'd done it BEFORE the Galactic finale I would have looked psychic)
-Finish Hold
-Work on Lost Like This (hopefully in time for HGSS)
-Finish Space (including think of a goddamn ending for it)
-Write something in DPA-verse, preferably PoundingHeartshippy
-Work on original story, especially figuring out major plot issue near the end
-Write something for Jirarudan that isn't Obsession
-Write more Team Rocket fic
-Write more in general