• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
So who here watched it?

I did with my son. We liked it, he totally liked it, I was a little disappointed. The producers did a good job telling a story & keeping it interesting.

My hitch with the story is; Thor and the rest are myths from our history. Sure I know they take the easy way out, extraterrestrial beings with "godlike" powers & technology. Just to avoid controversy, guess what, I think that was a lame way out.

Heimdall is a Norwegian, a viking, If there were African-Norwegian vikings, can someone point me to them. I know it's a nit-pick, but to the best of my knowledge....

I know what's going to get said, "What about the warriors three?" They were introduced in the comic and Hogan was a Hun from the beginning. My beef (umm yeah ok) was with Volgstaff (sp?). He was very over weight, he was downright fat. But he looked like a linebacker or a pro wrestler in the movie.

These are all small details that by no means steals from the cool of the movie. I'm just a comic hero purist. That is the only place my grumbles come from. All the characters were treated with respect to the original and as characters I liked them all. If the opportunity arises I will definitely see the movie again.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I thought the movie was great, for setting up The Avengers. The acting was great, and it was pretty accurate for most of the comic book characters. The only thing that I hated was Natalie Portman who was pretty much playing herself. It was kinda disappointing after Black Swan, but they are two different movies in themselves.

What some of the people fail to realize is that Thor was made for two things, 1. To give him a reason to be in The Avengers and 2. To actually set up a reason for the Avengers to come together because...

Loki (and I think the Frost Giants) is/are set to be the villains in The Avengers.

I can't wait to see how Thor gets back to Earth, probably something to do with S.H.I.E.L.D., could it have something to do with the "Power" that was shown that was after the credits, or is that something to help with de-freezing Captain America?

Overall, I thought the movie was good. Not as good as Iron Man 2, but still very good.

And people need to get over the black/asian viking thing dear god. It's a movie, who gives a flying fuck. Nick Fury was white at one point, but Samuel L. Jackson gave Marvel the idea to turn him black. And don't say it's historical inaccurate, because they were myths, not actual fact. For all we know, Vikings could have been black and Jesus could have been a woman.

charizardfan

Saw this last night. I thought it was pretty good. Plenty of action scenes and humor, so I never got bored. Iron Man 2 still remains my favorite Marvel movie out, though.

I also liked the setup to the upcoming Avengers.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I thought the movie was great, for setting up The Avengers. The acting was great, and it was pretty accurate for most of the comic book characters. The only thing that I hated was Natalie Portman who was pretty much playing herself. It was kinda disappointing after Black Swan, but they are two different movies in themselves.

What some of the people fail to realize is that Thor was made for two things, 1. To give him a reason to be in The Avengers and 2. To actually set up a reason for the Avengers to come together because...

Loki (and I think the Frost Giants) is/are set to be the villains in The Avengers.

I can't wait to see how Thor gets back to Earth, probably something to do with S.H.I.E.L.D., could it have something to do with the "Power" that was shown that was after the credits, or is that something to help with de-freezing Captain America?

Overall, I thought the movie was good. Not as good as Iron Man 2, but still very good.

And people need to get over the black/asian viking thing dear god. It's a movie, who gives a flying fuck. Nick Fury was white at one point, but Samuel L. Jackson gave Marvel the idea to turn him black. And don't say it's historical inaccurate, because they were myths, not actual fact. For all we know, Vikings could have been black and Jesus could have been a woman.
Yeah like I said it's a nitpick on my part. Heimdall actually had more personality than he ever has in the comic. It's continuity I guess! On a side note... He's the door man to Asguard! *ducks for cover*

Nick Fury was white since.................... the 50s or 60s? When I saw Samuel L Jackson as Fury.... I shouted out, "that is Awesome!" Sam is absolutely perfect as Fury!

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO STAY TILL AFTER THE CREDITS!!!!!! I fail as a marvel fan!

Profesco

gone gently
Status
Not open for further replies.