• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Those horrible personality disorder nightmares - Hypochondriacs unwelcome

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I've been moderately depressed for the last six years, though I've gone undiagnosed because my parents can't afford a psychologist, and we don't know of any that wouldn't try to put me on anti-depressants. And I DO NOT TAKE PILLS TO IMPROVE MY MENTAL STATE.
Also I was diagnosed with Asperger's, but whatever.

Why not? Depression is simply a chemical reaction occuring in the brain and anti-depressants supress that reaction.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I'm not complaining, because my physical maladies are heaps worse, and I know that there are other people who have it worse. (<-Real sick of that phrase.)

I have Social Anxiety Disorder. It used to be really bad a few years ago, but I control it now. Yeah, the fear's still there (even when talking to you all on here.), but I control it.

I also have a great deal of paranoia. (I'm afraid that everyone I meet out on the street wants to kill me or worse. I also think that no one likes me and everyone hates me, even my own parents. DO NOT say "Everyone does hate you. You should go kill yourself." Because I've attempted TWICE. Don't exasporate other peoples' problems.)

I have a touch of depression right before my period, but I'm rather sunny otherwise. (Things are finally looking up for me. I got into college....um....that's about it, but it's excellent, never the less.)

~Nemmeh

EDIT: I'm also a SEVERE Germaphobe. If I go somewhere, even if my hands are in my pockets the entire time, I still have to wash my hands as soon as I get home, twice if I've touched anything. I can't touch garbage cans, or public tables, or my table (my cat sleeps on it. He has germs on him), or door-nobs. (I open doors with my feet, if it's the pull-handle kind. I hook my boot under the handle and pull backwards. Sure, I look like a psycho, but I didn't have to touch the nasty handle that everybody and his brother has touched.) Even then, I still wash my hands.

I won't handle money, and if I do, I wash my hands twice and use purell. (When I've worked in the public, I've seen people get their money out of the back of their pants. Not the pockets. Like they pulled it out of their butt. I've seen women pull it out from under their bra. Why don't they just keep it in their wallet/pocket/purse?)

I refuse to shake hands. (I bow. Have since I was ten.) Needless to say, I wash my hands after bathroom. I also wash my hands three to five times in the shower, then wash them again after I get dressed.

When I get something new, even if it's brand new from a Wal*Mart or something, I still wash my hands after I use it. I wash my hands after I pet my cats. (I think you're supposed to...)

I had to SCRUB my hitmontop doll down four times with anti-bacterial soap when he came in the mail, and I still wash my hands after handling him.

It took me months to use my DS's touch screen...I still clean it with a cloth and a small amount of windex every day, though, and wash my hands after using it.

Every thing else is okay, but the germaphobia is a real pain in the neck.

Last edited:
Well this thread is horribly depressing, isn't it? This one, the "Quit Your Complaining" thread, and the "Animal or Pooper" thread all at once, oh my. I wonder... if you try to make light of someone's personality disorder in a disorder-centric get-together, is that considered pooping on their party or celebrating their not-starving-and-dying-of-AIDS-in-Africa luck?

I know aint i just the worst? )o:

Why not? Depression is simply a chemical reaction occuring in the brain and anti-depressants supress that reaction.

Or with my problem, I guess it's with a decreased amount of serotonin in the brain ..which are neurotransmitters ..and I guess OCD makes them all retarded and they repeat like a broken record. Which causes how I have to check something a certain amount of times ..or keep doing the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN AHAAHAH.
the way they explain OCD makes me feel like I'm somewhat retarded, it sucks haha. though good thing for me is I'm pretty good at hiding my weird disorder in front of people ..even though it totally bothers me that I didn't finish it. :X though I do run to the bathroom quite a lot of wash my hands ESPECIALLY AT WORK. HOW DO I WORK IN RETAIL WITH THAT MONEY AND NASTY PEOPLE. ohhhhyuck.

Not all anti-depressants work for everyone. A lot of people have to go through trying many different ones until they find one that actually works. Fortunately for me they put me right on Prozac lol, and it's help greatly I have to admit. gay ass medication but it does help.

OH AND Nemmeh, tl;dr, but I can tell your life kinda sucks. Sorry. ):
I saw germaphobic. THAT'S ME TOO! oh and hypochondriac ..totally. though that goes all along with the big one.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Think positively. They say that life only gets better and better after college.

Life gets better and better IN college, I know that much. ;)

Oh wow... I didn't know there were so many people here with so many disorders! Am I the first one here who has ONLY Asperger's Syndrome? Well, I was diagnosed with it when I was only a few years old, so I don't know life without it. The main thing it's caused for me was social problems and some emotional anxiety. I guess depression is a side effect, due to the loneliness from not having that many friends.

Of course, I'm unsure whether I actually suffer from depression or not--they say many people falsely accuse themselves of it. I was on anti-depressants for a little while in high school, but I guess I don't really need them anymore... and if I do have depression, it's probably more of a psychological thing than a chemical imbalance.

In fact, I'm not really taking any sort of medication for the disorder.

Josiah

is your favorite
Everyone has some sort of personality disorder. I for one can't keep my hands still. I have to mess with my fingers. It's sort of like an itch.

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
NITPICK: a personality disorder (borderline personality disorder, schizoaffective personality disorder, etc) is different then mental illness (phobias, depression, Obsessive compulsive disorder) and both of those have nothing to do with the autistic spectrum.

Sorry if that seems petty but I couldn't help myself. Now that that's out of the way... I was officially diagnosed with moderate depression, but I also have severe anxiety issues.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I'm neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it. Or so I believe anyway. A psychologist diagnosed me with OCD back in Freshman year of High School, but I have since stopped the behavior.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm surprised I haven't gone insane from all the noise in my house, so that's not on the list.

Mainly, I have Asperger's, but I hardly really noticed. My parents do, though, and apparently I worry them because of such. Mom really hopes I get married one day. But first, I must learn to cook, do proper housework (okay, I know a bit about housework, and I'm okay with it), drive, get a job, and... something else. Yeah. It's a slow procress, but I'm getting there.

About a year ago during or after Junior year, I must have gotten stressed or something, because I was pulling out my hair. I ended up getting a bald spot on the crown, and Mom was horrified when she found out. I had to wear my hair up until around December so it could grow back. I took Sam-E for a while since it was either that or anti-depressants, and I got a little bit better. I have developed that habit of picking at my hair for loose strands (mainly in the shower), but I have been bald-spot-free for almost a year now. Of course, whenever I get that urge to pull/pick at my hair, I have to get a brush.

Before that, though, I was plucking out my eyebrows, which you could say was a precursor to the hair pulling. Thankfully, the bare spots grew back, even if I still catch myself picking at them.

I have a feeling I might be a bit depressed, but I'm not sure. I've looked up symptoms of depression, but I don't know if hair-pulling is truly one of them. It was never mentioned. Mom had said that if this continues or picks up again, I might go to some psychiatrist or whatever. Hopefully it won't come to that.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
^Heh, me too. (The hair thing. I have a tenancy to constantly pick at my head for loose strands of hair) Lucky for me, I have hair so thick that I've broken three hair brushes....and counting.

Doesn't help that I have Sebhorreac Dermatitis, so my head's always itchy, and I always have sores that weep this yellow, crystiline substance. Apparently, the kind I have is hereditary, since my mother has it, and her father had it. (I used to have shampoo for the SD. It smelled like cherries. Oddly enough, on the label it read: "If this medication upsets your stomach, take with crackers or a small meal".....next to it read: "For External Use Only"....)

;308;Nemmeh;107

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^Heh, me too. (The hair thing. I have a tenancy to constantly pick at my head for loose strands of hair) Lucky for me, I have hair so thick that I've broken three hair brushes....and counting.

Doesn't help that I have Sebhorreac Dermatitis, so my head's always itchy, and I always have sores that weep this yellow, crystiline substance. Apparently, the kind I have is hereditary, since my mother has it, and her father had it. (I used to have shampoo for the SD. It smelled like cherries. Oddly enough, on the label it read: "If this medication upsets your stomach, take with crackers or a small meal".....next to it read: "For External Use Only"....)

Sorry to hear that. (I've broken hairbrushes myself as well XD. I have thick hair, but the strands are thin. It's weird.) It sounds painful, even though it must be very annoying. So you don't use that shampoo anymore then?

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
Oh the joys of pulling out hair (not) thankfully I never developed a bald spot from pulling my hair out, however it did at one point become VERY thin. This is probably because I never pulled my hair from just one spot. The hair pulling was really just a phase but with that said I've been picking at my teeth/skin/scalp since I was 6 though and I never really stopped. It began as a kid as an obsession with head lice and constantly picking at my scalp to make sure that I didn't have it and then it developed into picking off any perceived imperfections.

I have a perfect mind. "=)"

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Uhh, lesse.

Depression (Particularly at the moment, I recently had a serious relationship breakdown and a death in the family. I just hope my new treatment works...)
Paranoia (Pretty mild)
Anxiety
Asperger's Syndrome

Used to have OCD, but I beat it.

I'm pretty sure most people here have Asperger's Syndrome. No need to make them all admit it.

I was aware that quite a few members here had it ..just didn't think the majority who posted here would have it.

BUT DUDE YOU MADE THEM FEEL INSECURE AND BAD NOW. nobody is posting. ):

Oh the joys of pulling out hair (not) thankfully I never developed a bald spot from pulling my hair out, however it did at one point become VERY thin.

ahhoohhhhh. yeah. trichotillomania ?? hm, I pull out quite a bit of hair when I'm stressed or extremely bored. meh, and my hair is thin to begin with so BLEH.