• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Those Tearful Moments In Your Game Playthroughs

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Self-explanatory title is self-explanatory. Tell us those moments in your playthroughs that felt like you achieved a milestone, such as finally beating down a boss that nuked your whole party to smithereens every time you had a chance for a second breath, or getting through a level that was meant to kill you at every single point (IWBTG games do NOT count!). You know, those moments when you feel you're not human for getting through a challenge (in some special cases).

Today was finally the day I beat the ultimate superboss in Overclocked, thus finally getting 100% completion. I cried in the inside.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
DARK SOULS

Man, oh man, I'm loving this game. The Capra Demon has been my hardest challenge yet (after the Taurus Demon). Not only is the way to the fight hard, passing through those evil dogs and shadow ninja guys is a chore, but once you get there you have a two second window before he murders you.
If you get knocked down, you're dead, another ten minutes fighting your way back.
If you get stuck to a wall or in a corner because a dog is in the way, you're dead, another ten minutes fighting your way back.
If you screw up on anything, you're dead, you get the picture.

Of course, this is BEFORE I found out about the Drake Sword.

IWBTG games do NOT count!

Um, why not?

Oh, I thought by "Tearful" you meant moments you actually teared up. Those good endings in BioShock/2, hnnnng.

I was quite proud when I got up to round 33 in Gears 2 Horde Mode (I think it was on Courtyard or something), on the Insane difficulty. :u Then I got blown up by a stupid Ticker.
I also felt quite useful when I managed to hold off all of RED from capping a point by myself in TF2 awhile back. I still don't know how I was able to do it until reinforcements came, but damn it felt good.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
One time when me and my cousin finished this Final Fantasy Game, I cried during the credits because of the music. So beautiful...
Never thought I would cry playing a game

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Originally Posted by wiiboychris
Okay, I need to fix the title a bit because this isn't what I was looking for.

Edit: Dammit, I can't!

Perhaps a mod can?

Anyways, when I finally completed Dragon Age: Origins as the human noble. I clocked in 40 hours (one hour of which was spent trying to kill Urthumiel the Archdemon) and can't stomach to do five more playthroughs. I haven't even done the DLC (minus The Stone Prisoner) and expansion as my human noble.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Finally getting that 100% completion on Final Fantasy X-2. I actually did get into that game quite a bit, even if it is a disgrace among the previous Final Fantasies.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
Getting 100% in Red Dead Redemption. Best part? I achieved it by gaining Rank 10 in Master Hunter. That means I got an achievement notice saying "Redeemed" upon killing Brumas the Bear, the strongest animal in the game. I was tearful.

Getting the "Hardcore" achievement on Fallout: New Vegas. I did it with a black-haired bearded character who wore plaid named Billy Mays.

In that same file, and remember that this is Hardcore mode, Billy Mays beat a Deathclaw to death with f**king boxing gloves. I was pretty proud of myself there.

Fenix

Tremulant
When I 100%ed TWEWY. Felt good man.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Many Spoilers, You have been warned

All of Call of Duty Black Ops:
The deaths of Dimitri Petrenko and *Apparently* Viktor Reznov after serving their country and leaders well. They were avenged though I cannot do the Project Nova level ever again now. Just watching Dimitri get gassed to death and banging on the window while listening to Reznov saying; "Dimitri Petrenko was a hero. He deserved a hero's death".
Modern Warfare 2
The deaths of Roach and Ghost were shocking to me. I honestly cannot believe that they were killed so kick in cold blood by Shepherd and then thrown to the ground and had their corpses burned. Just the moment where Ghost's head rolls towards you and the music kicks in, wondering how your going to get out of this one, and then Shepherd stands over you, throwing his cigar over you. Truly sad.
Saints Row 2
Aisha getting decapitated and then Johnny getting stabbed was shocking. I knew when I saw Aisha stuck to the chair, it was only going to end badly, but the Ronin destroyed that house and Jyunichi actually stabbed Johnny in the gut and then wedged it even further. Afterwards, her funeral is stopped by Shogo and then Johnny looks at the ground, wanting to cry and warning Shogo. Glad he was buried alive, the douche.
Red Dead Redemption
Pretty explenationary. John Marston selling his friends out for his family's protection and then running from the government after being as Jack said, their 'Dog'. He was killed on his own land, protecting his family in cold blood slowly by the same government agent he worked for. Glad Jack killed him (And when I play as him, his family too), he suffered too though John would be angry as he tried to protect Jack from the world of murder.
GTA 4-The death of Roman Bellic. That was devastating. Hearing Dimitri as he runs onto the roof, saying 'I'm glad Roman's dead' and wanting in on his kidnapping, I absolutely hated Dimitri. That is why I always play the revenge storyline, so Roman can live because he is really innocent in what Niko does. I know Kate is too but she was only a friend to Niko.
GTA 4 TLAD-The death of Jim was really sad and the fact Johnny couldn't avenge him by killing Ray Boccino was annoying. I wanted to properly shoot him in the chest with a shotgun and then light him with a molotov. At least I could do that with Niko :D.
Assassins Creed 2+Brotherhood-All of Ezio's family but Claudia and his mother, getting killed, and then having to carry their corpses for a funeral, was really sad. Then Ezio's then girlfriend was killed and then his uncle at the beginning of Brotherhood. All I know is, in revelations, another family member will end up dying too. It will be whoever stands on the roof with him while the logo appears in the sky.
I'll think of more later.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Many Spoilers, You have been warned

All of Call of Duty Black Ops:
The deaths of Dimitri Petrenko and *Apparently* Viktor Reznov after serving their country and leaders well. They were avenged though I cannot do the Project Nova level ever again now. Just watching Dimitri get gassed to death and banging on the window while listening to Reznov saying; "Dimitri Petrenko was a hero. He deserved a hero's death".
Modern Warfare 2
The deaths of Roach and Ghost were shocking to me. I honestly cannot believe that they were killed so kick in cold blood by Shepherd and then thrown to the ground and had their corpses burned. Just the moment where Ghost's head rolls towards you and the music kicks in, wondering how your going to get out of this one, and then Shepherd stands over you, throwing his cigar over you. Truly sad.
Saints Row 2
Aisha getting decapitated and then Johnny getting stabbed was shocking. I knew when I saw Aisha stuck to the chair, it was only going to end badly, but the Ronin destroyed that house and Jyunichi actually stabbed Johnny in the gut and then wedged it even further. Afterwards, her funeral is stopped by Shogo and then Johnny looks at the ground, wanting to cry and warning Shogo. Glad he was buried alive, the douche.
Red Dead Redemption
Pretty explenationary. John Marston selling his friends out for his family's protection and then running from the government after being as Jack said, their 'Dog'. He was killed on his own land, protecting his family in cold blood slowly by the same government agent he worked for. Glad Jack killed him (And when I play as him, his family too), he suffered too though John would be angry as he tried to protect Jack from the world of murder.
GTA 4-The death of Roman Bellic. That was devastating. Hearing Dimitri as he runs onto the roof, saying 'I'm glad Roman's dead' and wanting in on his kidnapping, I absolutely hated Dimitri. That is why I always play the revenge storyline, so Roman can live because he is really innocent in what Niko does. I know Kate is too but she was only a friend to Niko.
GTA 4 TLAD-The death of Jim was really sad and the fact Johnny couldn't avenge him by killing Ray Boccino was annoying. I wanted to properly shoot him in the chest with a shotgun and then light him with a molotov. At least I could do that with Niko :D.
Assassins Creed 2+Brotherhood-All of Ezio's family but Claudia and his mother, getting killed, and then having to carry their corpses for a funeral, was really sad. Then Ezio's then girlfriend was killed and then his uncle at the beginning of Brotherhood. All I know is, in revelations, another family member will end up dying too. It will be whoever stands on the roof with him while the logo appears in the sky.
I'll think of more later.

Way to read the first post. And all subsequent posts.

btw I found that part in Assassin's Creed where you carry your family to be hilarious, probably because I was wearing the Raiden suit the entire time.

Phoopes

There it is.
When I finally 100% completed Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. One of the most time-consuming games to get to 100% that I've ever played. However, the ending really left me pissed off. Youtube it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
im guessing the OP means moments where you feel like you made a great accomplishment.

in that case it was a few weeks ago in pokemon stadium 2, i had a Girafarig in challenge cup ultra ball. She almost swept the whole cup by herself, all while never getting "fully paralyzed" during paralysis, and zap cannon also hit 95% of the time.

non-Pokemon game-wise, id say getting almost every achievement in fallout 3. Just need to reach level 30 for neutral Karma.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Ending of Drawn to Life 1 was sad, but beautiful
Ending of Drawn to Life 2 (DS version) pissed me off

Defeating Shirley in Legend of the Dragoon, Drake the Bandit spent all that time protecting her spirit, then she departs after you take the Dragoon spirit, and then Drake is looking for her T_T I feel so bad about that.

When your monster dies in Monster Rancher

The opening theme of Legend of the Dragoon (before start menu)

Its so....odd....yet sad...in a wierdly profound way

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Every time I have to kill something that I thought was my friend, I always feel sad.

But based on what you are talking about, beating Jumpin' Jack Flash in Hard Rock mode in Elite Beat Agents has to be it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ending of Drawn to Life 1 was sad, but beautiful
Ending of Drawn to Life 2 (DS version) pissed me off

Defeating Shirley in Legend of the Dragoon, Drake the Bandit spent all that time protecting her spirit, then she departs after you take the Dragoon spirit, and then Drake is looking for her T_T I feel so bad about that.

When your monster dies in Monster Rancher

The opening theme of Legend of the Dragoon (before start menu)

Its so....odd....yet sad...in a wierdly profound way

You know, wrong posts like this makes the user a very cynical person. I'll just let everyone do whatever they want to post before reading the first post... ;)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Okay, I need to fix the title a bit because this isn't what I was looking for.

Edit: Dammit, I can't!

Ok, sorry, your title included tearful :/

- Beating LoZ: OOT - It took MONTHS for me to finish that
- Beating Azazel with some characters in Tekken 6 - Sure it may not sound big but he was a freakin' hard boss to beat.
- Getting if not almost getting 100% is SSB:M - Sure that was not perfect but that felt like a big achievement

Man, those felt good. I'll try to think of some moments later if it's not what's being talked about. :)

Peace!