• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Those things in video games you just won't ever forgive

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
every existing game should be tolerated wether they suck or not imo, there's allways a happy customer for it. but what i can't forgive about games are gameglitches from the worst kind that won't be patched because the developer who made it says doing so is a
waste of money and time screwing the paying people that do play that game.

singularity is a good example of this, the game has decent activity online but a good amount of players including me had serious stabilityproblems caused by a glitch making it nearly impossible to go online or stay online for long periods, activision sais they won't bother to fix it because nobody plays but advices loyal players to expose their firewall instead.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years hardly had any original plot, but what particularly annoys me about it is in Rydia's story where you go to the Dwarf Fortress and the King announces that the fortresses crystal has been taken, as well as 2 other crystals, which happen to be the same 2 in the original that did not have a disclosed location.

It isn't something that ruins my view of the franchise or the game (mostly everything being recycled, many of the main characters acting like dumbasses, the lack of any difference between the setting, magic, weapons and technology despite the game taking place 17 years after FFIV, and the overall scarcity of redeemable qualities did that), but I just find it annoying that they don't at least reference their location and not make me and others that play the game just assume that half of the Underworld's crystal's are unprotected.

Also, the fact that many first person shooters are exactly alike [gameplaywise] kinda annoys me.

TicoPokemonMaster

every existing game should be tolerated wether they suck or not imo, there's allways a happy customer for it. but what i can't forgive about games are gameglitches from the worst kind that won't be patched because the developer who made it says doing so is a
waste of money and time screwing the paying people that do play that game.

singularity is a good example of this, the game has decent activity online but a good amount of players including me had serious stabilityproblems caused by a glitch making it nearly impossible to go online or stay online for long periods, activision sais they won't bother to fix it because nobody plays but advices loyal players to expose their firewall instead.

you know that glitches are always going to be in a game, no matter how small, or if it benfits or hurt you in gameplay. like you said some developer think that some glitches are not worth wasting money on fixing, rather they fix it in sequel ala pokemon games. Or some are just a-holes

ArcanineShrine014029

Yeah, like the glitch in Ocarina of Time that won't let me get a weapon upgrade after you pull the Master Sword for the first time. It has to do with using the skull mask in the Lost Woods. It's really a minor glitch, but it really ticks me off that it won't let me get 100% completion.

Penguinist Trainer

Something that I have found in multiple games that is simply unforgivable to me is invisible walls. We've all encountered them, but to me they are unacceptable.

I consider myself an explorer in video games. I like to search every nook and cranny. I'll wander around levels until I've filled in every detail on the maps. So I tend to get pretty absorbed into the games I play.

But when I'm running towards a seemingly open area then all of a sudden I stop dead in my tracks and the game tells me to turn around, I find that extremely unrealistic. It actually pulls me out of the experience. I'll continue playing the game of course, but somehow I feel less connected to it.

I would rather if they threw in a gaping canyon to block my path, or an unclimbable wall to stop me in my tracks. I just can't understand why they would paint these beautiful landscapes and then block them off with an invisible wall. It just bothers me so much.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The fact that my lost odyseey dics 4 crap out before I even got to play it.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Fighting games when the COM starts pulling off ridiculous combos that you can't block. Especially when its like the last fighter left.

Totally sucks man.

Osso

nya
BACKTRACKING. (Its not that bad sometimes, but it gets really annoying in games that have a bad navigation system.)

BuizelPidgeot

i can never forgive myself for restarting my blue game when i had a lvl 90 mewtwo...

Here's some more things:

The Shitty Multiplayer Mode in Sonic Colors. Seriously, WTF Sega

Super Sonic Gameplay in Sonic Colors, 2nd biggest videogame letdown EVER!!!

Microsoft for making you pay for Xbox Live, you should get it for free

Sony for not letting you be able to play PSP1 Games on the Upcoming PSP2, way to alienate us you pieces of crap

Naughty Dog for selling Crash Bandicoot AND Jak and Daxter, ever heard of a company called Nintendo? THEY have multiple characters.

Insomniac selling Spyro the Dragon, ever since they sold Spyro, Spyro's become one of the SHITTIEST games EVER!!!

Nintendo for delaying the release of Skyward Sword till April 2011, they could've sold even MORE had they released this year like they originally planned.

PS3 not living up PS2 by a LONG shot, hopefully, PS4 will redeem Sony.

That's all for now.

Empoleon Bonaparte

Nintendo for delaying the release of Skyward Sword till April 2011, they could've sold even MORE had they released this year like they originally planned.

Wouldn't you rather have a triple-A title that has been perfected than some quickly finished game? Of course, sales matter, but reviews tend to heavily influence people nowadays.

Super_Jamalx9000

Samus isn't half bad. What's even wrong with her? She's awesome. I had to say when nintendo made Kanto with low-leveled pokemon when yours are about 30-40 levels higher.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
When Nintendo went and made TP because a bunch of people were crying about WW's graphic style, and thereby made a subpar game with boring gameplay.

Also, when Nintendo decided to release WW on time instead of delaying it for more dungeons.

Also, when Nintendo canceled Four Swords DS.

When the Exploration theme from Mario 64 and Sunshine was removed from the Galaxies.

SMG's plot.

The Pokemon anime.

Penguinist Trainer

Recently I came across another thing in video games that I find unforgivable. I am finding "internet authentications" a bit annoying.

My parents had recently bought me a laptop for christmas after my 10 year old desktop finally bit the dust. Naturally, the 1st thing I started to do was transfer all my software to my new machine. I have not connected my computer to the internet yet, but it looks like I'm going to have to do it sometime soon if I want to actually use any of it.

I know the internet is required to update software, downloading patches, fixing bugs, etc. But the internet shouldn't be required just to use it for its main purpose. For instance, Starcraft 2 can't be used until you "activate" the software. One of my friends recommended playing dragon age origins, so i bought it with a gift card. it came with the expansion and all the downloadable content included. unfortunately, you can't access any of the additional content until you "authenticate" it. so even though i have both discs installed on my pc, i can't use it until they say its ok.

while i was browsing the pc game section, i was tempted to buy fallout new vegas, but of course on the back it says i need an internet connection to activate the game.

i don't care if the internet is needed just once or all the time. 99% of the time, i am playing single player, solo games. the last thing i want is to be connected to another human being.

so why is it that if i go to a store and buy a product, i can't use it unless i have permission. it'd be like buying a movie and not being allowed to watch it unless hollywood gave you permission.

One thing that annoys me is the total removal of plot from mario galaxy 2 (the first didn't have the best plot, but was still good).

But what annoys me the most is...crossovers! Sometimes they can be fine (mario and sonic at the olympics), but when the crossovers take over the game it erks me. Take for example Mario Sports Mix, all the unlockable characters (except for slime) are from the FF series (the characters all boring, non-important, and sub-par ones at that). In my opinion when developers put so much effort into advertising their own games instead of focusing on the game at hand, it makes for a poor game.

Aurath8

One thing that annoys me is the total removal of plot from mario galaxy 2 (the first didn't have the best plot, but was still good).

But what annoys me the most is...crossovers! Sometimes they can be fine (mario and sonic at the olympics), but when the crossovers take over the game it erks me. Take for example Mario Sports Mix, all the unlockable characters (except for slime) are from the FF series (the characters all boring, non-important, and sub-par ones at that). In my opinion when developers put so much effort into advertising their own games instead of focusing on the game at hand, it makes for a poor game.

Galaxy 2 isn't about plot. It is simply about enjoying the excellent gameplay and level design which is the point of most Mario platformers.
NSMB DS - Mario and Peach on a walk, castle gets bombed, Peach is kidnapped.
NSMBW - Peach's birthday. Big cake comes in, Koopa Kids jump out and kidnap peach.
SMG2 - Mario invited to Peach's castle for cake. Bowser is huge with the power of a Grand Star and kidnaps Peach.

Want plot? Read a book, watch a movie or play an RPG but don't seek Mario for your compelling storylines.

TicoPokemonMaster

Galaxy 2 isn't about plot. It is simply about enjoying the excellent gameplay and level design which is the point of most Mario platformers.
NSMB DS - Mario and Peach on a walk, castle gets bombed, Peach is kidnapped.
NSMBW - Peach's birthday. Big cake comes in, Koopa Kids jump out and kidnap peach.
SMG2 - Mario invited to Peach's castle for cake. Bowser is huge with the power of a Grand Star and kidnaps Peach.

Want plot? Read a book, watch a movie or play an RPG but don't seek Mario for your compelling storylines.

Can somebody give the person a round of appaulse. I agree with you 110%. especially the last sentence.

To the person who is complaining about no plot, do you actually buy a mario game expecting their to be a huge plot. I guess you got lucky with the first galaxy but don't expect it to often.