• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Ash having finally won a Pokemon League.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I am glad Ash won something major since 2006: Battle Frontier. It's also funny that Ash would win something not requiring 8 badges (like Orange League, BF and now Alola), but lose when it comes to badges. So, since Galar region has 8 badges, I am expecting him to lose. His victory here wouldn't mean anything in next region similar to BF, he still lost to Roark and got Top 4. I am predicting no matter if its normal league or Champion league( where Alain, Tobias ,Virgil will come) in Galar I think he will end up in Top 4.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Unlike the Orange Islands Alola is a game region.

That matters to me a lot.

I thought that him winning felt less extraordinary than I imagined. I thought I'd be really happy that he finally won a League but my excitement wasn't at the level that I expected. I think it's because we waited so long for this moment and had to endure so many setbacks that I feel almost neutral about the accomplishment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I think it's satisfying to see Ash finally win a Pokémon League after watching the anime for 20+ years, but I won't consider him the champion unless he beats the Masked Royal.

Not only will this be an actual full battle based on the episode titles, but this feels more like the final league battle than the match with Gladion partly because The Masked Royal has been portrayed as Alola's true champion through his popularity & Battle Royal victories, and partly because they've been hyping up Ash's battle with Prof. Kukui since episode 2 of Sun & Moon. Whether or not Ash wins all depends on the big announcement on September 29th.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Unlike the Orange Islands Alola is a game region.

That matters to me a lot.

This. Not to mention it follows game lore in that he is the first ever Alola Champion. Even if this league's format was different compared to others this is still a landmark victory. It's nice to see him have progression in his goal.

Story wise it was actually a pretty good way to have him win. His battle with Guzma was basically a battle of perpetual losers, but while Guzma became a bully due to his defeats, Ash remained positive. So him winning this league is the icing on the cake. It's almost as if the writers were saying "if you remain positive in the face of difficulty you will come out on top".

I also really liked his stunned reaction to winning rather than him being super jubilant. It shows maturity that he should have realistically gotten through his travels.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Personally, I think it's satisfying to see Ash finally win a Pokémon League after watching the anime for 20+ years, but I won't consider him the champion unless he beats the Masked Royal.

Not only does this seem to be an actual full based on the episode titles, but this feels more like the final league battle than his match with Gladion partly because The Masked Royal has been portrayed as Alola's true champion & partly because they've been hyping up Ash's battle with Prof. Kukui since episode 2 of Sun & Moon. Whether or not Ash wins all depends on the big announcement on September 29th to see whether or not he'll continue his journey.
A lot of people don't consider Alola's Pokemon League previously and yet everyone across the internet, from forums to newsites, are spoiling the news that Ash has become a Champion. The way I see it, win or lose, Ash is Pokemon Champion until his title is taken away... wait a minute lol... oh no. Okay I think I just realized another way that would force Ash to do another Pokemon League to become Pokemon Champion. Lose his Champion title to Kukui on some rule out of nowhere. I don't know about you but that just sounds like something the anime would do lol. Seriously though, that better not happen.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
A lot of people don't consider Alola's Pokemon League previously and yet everyone across the internet, from forums to newsites, are spoiling the news that Ash has become a Champion. The way I see it, win or lose, Ash is Pokemon Champion until his title is taken away... wait a minute lol... oh no. Okay I think I just realized another way that would force Ash to do another Pokemon League to become Pokemon Champion. Lose his Champion title to Kukui on some rule out of nowhere. I don't know about you but that just sounds like something the anime would do lol. Seriously though, that better not happen.
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. If Ash does beat Kukui/The Masked Royal, then he really is the champion. If not, then his Alola League victory is no different than Ash's previous wins or the various battle tournaments we saw in BW.

I vary from being apathetic to disappointed to somewhat nostalgic.

I’ve made my thoughts on this league known, and I will personally never settle for mediocrity for something has important as this. It’s been 20 damn years and this is the way Ash is going to win? I don’t consider Alola’s tournament to be a league and everything from its lack of entry barriers to no 6v6s showcase the utter failure of SM in constructing something competent when it matters. This league made a mockery of past leagues. It isn’t good. It will never be good. I will never like it. And I will always have a bitter taste in my mouth looking back.

But Ash did win and he did seem like he enjoyed himself. So I tip my hat off to him.

I will hope for something better in Galar

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I doubt it'll be because of some rule, but more because he'd give up his title to Kukui

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'm happy for him.

I said this in the episode thread, but I can't imagine the reaction if 'Ash couldn't even win this joke league'.

Much like Leonardo DiCaprio's Oscar, Ash finally has his league.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Tbh this is so feel like it is poor sick joke about that part as he just won this badly league

Your avatar featuring Ash from that angle makes it look like Ash is about to kick someone's ass JoJo style.

I’ve edited my post to offer the summary of my thoughts.

It’s definitely a great shot. At that moment, Ash had declared his intention of winning no holds barred. That single shot is one of my favorite moments in the anime.

I do miss that kind of feeling, which is why I’m feeling nostalgic, but things change and Galar is a new region that I hope can give me that kind of feeling again

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Everyone is determined to forget the Orange League, huh?

FINALLY! The battle vs Kukui will be even better I bet. There's no way they didn't spend a ton of time writing it since it's the big battle of the series.

I don't wanna be that person but I think he wouldn't win if Alola League was anything like the previous league conferences, so I'm happy it wasn't.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I’ve edited my post to offer the summary of my thoughts.

It’s definitely a great shot. At that moment, Ash had declared his intention of winning no holds barred. That single shot is one of my favorite moments in the anime.

I do miss that kind of feeling, which is why I’m feeling nostalgic, but things change and Galar is a new region that I hope can give me that kind of feeling again
I'm looking forward to the Pokemon anime reboot as a world tour across the world but in terms of the Galar region and only the Galar region, I'm looking more forward to Pokemon Adventures Sword & Shield with big hopes they adapt angry scottish lass and please, please use Sword/Victor, the male protagonist of the games, as an opportunity to create a Zenitsu-style character! The cowardly badass characters is nothing new but as far as I'm aware that's never been done in the Pokemon series before.

Everyone is determined to forget the Orange League, huh?

FINALLY! The battle vs Kukui will be even better I bet. There's no way they didn't spend a ton of time writing it since it's the big battle of the series.
Fan 1 - Orange League? What's the Orange League?
Fan 2 - EXACTLY!

I'm so happy and proud of Ash for winning his first official League. SM has been the best saga of the anime by far, and I'm going to miss it.
Don't know about the best but I definitely think it was better than Gen 3's and Gen 5's Pokemon League, maybe Gen 2's if were not counting Gary Oak's battle against Ash and Gen 1 in terms of battles.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
It's about time Ash won a Pokemon League. I've been waiting for this day to come. For years, I'm watching pokemon anime. Seeing him losing one Major League after another. Never count the Orange League. But after all of these years, Ash finally emerge victorious in the official league. I'm very happy.