• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on Ash having finally won a Pokemon League.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ok after hearing the news of him wining and just got done watching the episode I have mixed reactions to this. This was a great battle and I am happy after all these years that he finally won a league but I would have preferred XY Ash or DP Ash to have won the league, I mean I couldn't even watch this series due to their treatment of Ash and weird animation, not to mention the battles in this league was very lacking in my opinion. LOL Preview for next weeks episode gave away what was going to happen pretty muxh, man is it me or is this series just horrible at keeping spoilers hidden.

Kaye Cruiser

I'd just like to mention something because almost everyone in this thread keeps forgetting it: Even if Ash loses to Kukui, he doesn't lose his Champion title. It's an Exhibition Match. It's specifically referred to as such. He gets a chance to fight Royal Mask without having to go through the Battl Royale, but it's not an official League Title Match. Win or lose, he keeps his Champion title.

I can't tell if some of you keep forgetting that or didn't actually watch the prior episodes where they announced the set up of the tournament, but hearing misinformation constantly spread is incredibly annoying. Even moreso with people trying to theorycraft how Ash could just suddenly lose what he just got.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what's even weirder seeing all these fans saying their happy for Ash? It feels like he graduated from college or something lol.

Pokemon Power

There have been rumors saying Ash will leave the anime next generation, and having him finally win a league gives them credibility. I've noticed that he's improved over the years. When he lost Kanto, he was in the top 16. Then he made it to the top 8 in Johto, Hoenn and Unova. He got to the top 4 in Sinnoh, which was a step up. And in Kalos, he was the runner-up, which many people found controversial at the time. Seeing him win at last after seven generations and 22 seasons makes me wonder, what happens after someone wins a league?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I'm just happy Ash won a league(even though I just got spoiled, but I'm glad to know that finally people will stop saying 'Ash has never won a League.' He has now!) Although the League I felt overall was kind of meh, it just didn't have a tone of well..intensity in the early rounds for me, but it improved a lot after Sophocles and Kiawe for me. Ash's next challenge is the Masked Royal...but what's after that? I wonder what the final episode of the series will be - another Pallet Town visit? Would be nice to just see him think about his victory and have everyone at the ranch be very surprised...all of his past teams will be proud and I bet maybe a little envious that they couldn't get involved in things in Alola.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I stopping caring about the anime years ago. But hearing this, I have one thing to say:

THERE IS A GOD

shoz999

I'm just happy Ash won a league(even though I just got spoiled, but I'm glad to know that finally people will stop saying 'Ash has never won a League.' He has now!) Although the League I felt overall was kind of meh, it just didn't have a tone of well..intensity in the early rounds for me, but it improved a lot after Sophocles and Kiawe for me. Ash's next challenge is the Masked Royal...but what's after that? I wonder what the final episode of the series will be - another Pallet Town visit? Would be nice to just see him think about his victory and have everyone at the ranch be very surprised...all of his past teams will be proud and I bet maybe a little envious that they couldn't get involved in things in Alola.
What can Ash do after he wins the League? Oh that's easy. If the Pokemon Company wants to follow more closely to the games then we should see the animated adventures of Ash Ketchum stuck on an isolated mountain for the rest of his life. Experience Ash Ketchum like never before as we see that the lack of socializing with any human beings on the mountain will slowly descend Ash into madness as he loses his ability of human speech, waiting... waiting... and waiting for the next immortal 10 year old challenger to win a Pokemon League in the next 20 years.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Yeah lol. Like Red!

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
If I'm being 100% honest, I still think he should've won the Kalos League. It felt so much more hype and the pieces were all falling into place. That said, I'm pretty sure the backlash of him losing the Kalos League was what lead to him winning the Alolan League so I guess silver linings and all that. The Alolan League also didn't feel particularly big. Much like the rest of the Alolan season, it felt very...... I'm not sure how to put it. I don't wanna say sluggish or relaxed. Not really boring either. More unhype. Like, here's a league, have fun with it. Here's Ash winning a league, now please leave us alone. It didn't feel like an earned moment. I don't know. I'm happy about it though. If nothing else, this has been a factor for far to long and it's about time he won a league.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Yeeeah I think it's safe to say that Ash won't be going away, even after winning the Manalo conference.

Still, it is great that we can finally put the "Ash always losing at a championship" meme to rest now.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I know a lot of people out there are expecting Ash to leave now, feeling that because he won a league his journey should be over.

As much as I want him to be replaced, now doesn't feel like that time for me.

he may have won, but I don't feel satisfied with the win, I get that this league can be "excused" because it was the first one, but it was lacking one thing, that most of the previous leagues had.

Intensity, sure we may have gotten some here and there during this, but not enough for it to be fulfilling, and no winning and losing doesn't detract from that factor.

Charizard vs Blaziken
Ash vs Paul
Ash-Greninja vs Mega Sceptile as examples.

Those fights were all intensive, win or lose they drew me in, I want Ash to win a league that is filled with fights of that caliber, and then I will be satisfied enough for him to go. (well deal with TR as well.)
That’s why I’m holding off calling Ash the champion unless he beats the Masked Royal, since I’m hoping this will be the real intense match that Ash deserves to win (& will most likely lose)

shoz999

Yeeeah I think it's safe to say that Ash won't be going away, even after winning the Manalo conference.

Still, it is great that we can finally put the "Ash always losing at a championship" meme to rest now.
You sure about that? Do not underestimate the power of memes! They evolve, adapt and multiply to their surroundings, each characteristic of said meme dying or getting stronger inch by inch through the natural selection process and why am I explaining the basics of Darwinism through memes lol. Hmm... weird.

game3524

If I'm being 100% honest, I still think he should've won the Kalos League. It felt so much more hype and the pieces were all falling into place.

Meh

The league he should have won was Johto IMO. His character arc truly ended in Johto and most of the key plot points that were established in season one were wrapped up by the end of Johto. That was the time for him to win the league then and shifted into a different role, while a new lead takes over for AG.