1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on Ash having finally won a Pokemon League.

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by shoz999, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Not only in the ME specials. Even the magazines released at the time of the League said his goal was to become stronger to protect the ones he cared about.

It is not like he can't collect ME energy in the League aswell. There were plenty of ME users in the League and even Ash-Greninja himself was said to emit the same energy.

Do you need a citation? How about watching the series? I am not gonna waste my time searching something i know it's true for someone i don't even know. It is not like i am writing a scientific article or anything lmao

anjunajake, janejane6178 and J.Agera like this.
  2. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Yes and he left the ME specials focused on saving Manon but then suddenly comes to the XYZ series obsessing over a kid he just met that he has no real relationship with. It’s like the writers just dropped the ball on his prior motives and downplayed them to force him into a league as a rival for Satoshi. What relationship do Satoshi and Alan have? How have they helped one another change and grow? What relationships do their Pokemon share? None. Because it’s a completely empty and hollow dynamic at its core. Compare that Gladion opening up enough to share a laugh with Satoshi at the league so much Lusamine seemed to be on the verge of tears.

But he didn’t know that nor go there for the energy, he went there because Satoshi said so. And Alan didn’t harvest energy from his fights against Satoshi, no so it waste of time. There were no benefits to those fights other than Alan’s “obsession” that he said he had with this kid.

No I watched it, it’s just none of what you stated actually happened or was stated in canon.

3. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

When Gladion called Ash, “Champion”, I immediately went from 0 to 100 and started chanting as if the Giants won the Super Bowl. There was a sense of joy and relief that was 22 years in the making, finally being released. It was a great feeling, as if I just watched my best friend achieve something literal millions of people said he wouldn’t. And then the look on his face, being legitimately surprised, uh it was soo good. People on this forum know I don’t like SM but damn was that an amazing moment, undoubtedly my favorite moment of the series as a whole.

I couldn’t care less about the whole “real league vs fake League” argument because none of that matters. What matters is that Ash won and he is now a little bit closer to his dream. Orange League Hall of Famer, Battle Frontier Conqueror, and now Pokémon League Champion. 22 years in the making and I am blessed to have lived long enough to see it happen.

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

Shame Alain never, ever saw anything extremely fishy when the stranger told him not to ever talk to Sycamore. Like, that was the biggest obvious red flag anyone would have noticed.

5. Sarefan

Sarefan Hylden General.

Still hyped about it! Got goosebumps after the KO. Even if I knew, I was as bamboozled as Ash himself, hah! Now I'm really looking forward to the match against Kuk- euhm Mask Royal. I would really love to see some old reserves, but that's an idle hope. How cool would it be: Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax and Krookodile.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  6. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

How isn't it canon that he has access to easier methods of traveling when we saw Alain traveling via helicopter multiple times? Besides, Alain collects ME energy through his bracelet and he was wearing it the entire time he was fighting in the League. So he was indeed collecting energy from mega evolutions like Charizard-Y, while still getting the chance to face Ash-Greninja and become stronger.

janejane6178 likes this.
  7. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

I don't know how to feel. 22 years losing every "official" big league and now, he finally won. Feels like a curse finally undone, but kinda...strange. I think that's because there wasn't high stakes and no 6 x 6 involved. Maybe the "Alola mood" of no take itself seriously. Still looks like sign of changes.

Now, I can only think that rowlet fight was the worst kind of bait ever.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  8. Sham

Sham Feel better soon

Speculation and “probably” or “what if” aren’t canon. Canon is something specifically stated or shown. He never told anyone he took a helicopter to get his Gym badges.

9. J.Agera

J.Agera I am 10 Billion Percent Sure

How do you define edgy?

janejane6178 likes this.
  10. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I said he had access to it and that is canon.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    janejane6178 and J.Agera like this.
  11. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Well-Known Member

Helicopter...?

You guys do know he has a flying Pokemon Charizard? lmao

(he doesn't even need a helicopter)

12. AuraChannelerChris

1) Avoids social interaction.

2) Smiles like once in a day.

3) Dresses in threatening clothing. Bonus points if it's black or red.

4) Thinks one thing not related to friendship much is absolute in everything.

5) Prefers to travel alone.

6) Is generally the strongest person around.

Gladion only does point 3 with juuuuuuuuuuuust a little bit of everything, but not enough to be really edgy.

Alain, though, passes the test with flying mega colors.

13. J.Agera

J.Agera I am 10 Billion Percent Sure

Ok then, we have different perspectives.

14. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Nah, Gladion is just as edgy. Sure, he became more social by the end of the series, but so did Alain.

Now, regarding Alain being the strongest one around, i am still not quite sure about that, because we don't know whether he would actually win against Steven, nor Lysandre (if he didn't have the help of Ash and Malva). He also did lose to Siebold aswell.

15. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Remember when it looked like Kiawe would be the aloof, never smiles guy of the SM cast. :p

16. AuraChannelerChris

Nope. He isn't that edgy. He actually cares too much about Lillie, actually lets all of his Pokemon out of their balls (except Silvally for obvious reasons), is happy to humor Ash and his Sunny D-roc, can't help enjoying holding Kiawe's little sis by her hand, most likely also named Silvally himself with the "-ally" part added to the name, and dressed in that cheesy Power Ranger outfit like the others did.

Alain somehow discarded his close friendship with Sycamore right when a stranger told him to do it, only ever had his Charizard outside his ball in a few moments, Ash's MC powers only got through when the kid got a super Greninja (Ash was lucky he didn't challenge Alain right when he started his Kalos journey or else oof...though I guess saving Garchomp could have been an easy ticket of friendship), was never shown caring about his mysterious 5 members that came out of his ***, only cared about Mairin because the girl simply didn't know privacy was a thing until shades of romance surfaced between both late into his development, believes might makes right, and what the hell was that outfit he wore and how did he even say it was fashionaaabluh?

(Though, of course, both fail to the absolute king of edginess that is Sasuke Uchiha.)

The trigger was when Ash misplaced his Z-Crystal. That set the guy off.

17. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I noticed that Kiawe and Sophocles seemed more aloof in the early episodes, like they didn't know what to make of Ash first and as he bonded with them more they became more comfortable acting like themselves. I feel like the Charjabug race episode is the true point they are fully open around each other.

Gladion started showing more dents in his armour late in the series as well, a few subtle comic or emotional moments and what not, though managed to retain his mystique way more than Kiawe did. When the two square off, even with Kiawe being competent against Gladion, the difference in depiction is blatant.

18. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I mean he is now on the same level as Cynthia technically but the league did seem watered down. Of course I will take it but considering how SM was it almost did not seemed as if he earned it. They seemed to be less battles overall this series and the league was open to all which just made it seem weird. But as i said I will take it

19. Power Up

Power Up ...

Don't know what you've been reading. On the Internet everywhere the reaction seemed to be mixed from what I've seen. Literally, the first Japanese comment to the announcement is of dissent

Yeah, it's not just XY, it's also DP.

Funny that XY/XYZ fans are often accused of gatekeeping and stemming discourse and criticism when it seems that you wish for criticism to die down regarding what transpired in relation to this " league "

You can keep praying, but I for one, will make sure the " dying yells " are heard and will continue to be heard :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    J.Agera likes this.
  20. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

And Alain didn't care about Mairin, Chespin and Sycamore?
    Not sure why that is a criteria for being edgy.

So? He displayed happiness a few times, so did Alain.

That proves more that he is not that creative when giving Pokémon names than him not being as edgy.

Which was as black as his soul lmao
    And, like you said, bonus point if it is black and red.

He didn't discard his friendship with Mairin and Sycamore. He was trying to help Sycamore with his research and Mairin with her Chespin. Alone, yes. But he still cared for them.

J.Agera likes this.