• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thoughts on BW now nearly halfway in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't really know if it's halfway in or not.

The title said "NEARLY halfway". Please read it again. But we don't really know if it's close to halfway either.....

Meganium

Good pacing. The gym battles are well spaced out. There also isn't too many fillers. A good filler can be very helpful to ease the pacing of a story. Stupid Ash. By now he should be able to match up types properly and choose the right pokemon for a gym battle.

Blazenuva

I don't know, but so far, I feel like BW has been just, there. Its hard to explain it. What I am trying to say is, I feel like something big needs to happen so I can truly feel attached to this saga. Its just sort of...passing by, for lack of a better term. I know Ash has been catching Pokemon and battling gyms, but it just doesn't seem like the arc has truly started yet. Anyone else feel similar?

thunderblade12

Potential to become the best saga ever.

Don't rush **** though. We need some 20-25 episode gaps between gyms. Maybe even one 30 episode gap wouldn't hurt. The development getting to the gyms tends to be more interesting than the gyms themselves anyway, and sagas like this and DP give the fans their battle fix until the gym rolls around with rival battles. Ash has already battled Trip three times and I don't think it's going to stop there.

Graham Aker

I'm interested to see how well they develop Ash's team. While I'm glad that they are making him more like the average trainer, I hope his Pokemon don't come randomly in the League with no prior training to dominate..like Kingler.

ijea4444

*annoyed*

Best Wishes! isn't "half-way" through. Your fooling yourself if you seriously think this show is faster paced. It has to last 4 years. This show has to advertise every aspect of the games as well as the inevitable 3rd version as well as the Ranger Games. It's in no way half way through. Claiming otherwise is just ridiculous.

I thought we had this discussion before? -_-

This made me lol, I'm hoping i misread the sarcasm in this post because there is no way best wishes will last for 4 years.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
This made me lol, I'm hoping i misread the sarcasm in this post because there is no way best wishes will last for 4 years.

I think they mean like the entire series, not just the Unova part.

ijea4444

I think they mean like the entire series, not just the Unova part.

But this thread is discussing the saga in Unova. Cyber himself said the filler saga wasn't included which means it could have only been referring to Unova as a whole taking 4 years.

Waterpokes

Pretty sure most people here would have a meltdown if Unova lasted 4 years. If we got a year with no Gym Battles, and lots of events and devolpment, people would still be ticked about it, just like with DP.

I'm not sure if I could take 4 years of Unova. We are nearly half way in, and we're at 36 episodes right now. I can see it one year and a half, when this saga hits one year. But I can see it lasting longer then that, and it probably should last longer then that as well. Ash has eight Pokemon right now, and soon to get nine, so devolpment is needed.

Blasto

i think Unova could be only one season... kind of like Kanto was..

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
But this thread is discussing the saga in Unova. Cyber himself said the filler saga wasn't included which means it could have only been referring to Unova as a whole taking 4 years.

Yeah. It's not going to last 4 years. We have had 4 Gym Battles in less than a year, and it might not surprise me if we have a fifth.

Graham Aker

I'm not sure if I could take 4 years of Unova. We are nearly half way in, and we're at 36 episodes right now. I can see it one year and a half, when this saga hits one year. But I can see it lasting longer then that, and it probably should last longer then that as well. Ash has eight Pokemon right now, and soon to get nine, so devolpment is needed.

Unless the next gen games come out extremely quickly there'll almost have to be a filler saga. We also have 9 Pokemon to develop, and Iris will probably get a significant amount more development than Cilan as well. But, that all depends on how many Pokemon she actually captures. I can see Unova lasting 2 years, then there is some sort of filler saga, where we'll still be following the same crew while they do post-unova stuff....or just go to a filler region for another year.

But, yeah I really don't think Unova should last 4 years by itself.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Unless the next gen games come out extremely quickly there'll almost have to be a filler saga. We also have 9 Pokemon to develop, and Iris will probably get a significant amount more development than Cilan as well. But, that all depends on how many Pokemon she actually captures. I can see Unova lasting 2 years, then there is some sort of filler saga, where we'll still be following the same crew while they do post-unova stuff....or just go to a filler region for another year.

But, yeah I really don't think Unova should last 4 years by itself.

Not even including the Eastern half of Unova.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
True, it's those kind of things that make me think that the Unova League will occur towards the middle of the Unova Saga. With other half, being a filler saga.

I can sorta see two filler sagas. If the Unova League happens and ends in 90's to 100's, I can see the first filler saga for about 25-40 episodes in Eastern Unova, and the other filler saga in Hoenn lasting about 50 episodes.

I want to know how they plan to make the Unova region last long enough for movies for all four event Pokemon. The Victini movie has been announced and isn't far off, but they still have Keldeo, the dancing queen, and Genosect to work on. Every gen so far has had one movie for each of their event Pokemon. In the first three it was easy because the first two had one event Pokemon each and the third had only two; the forth gen had three (or four if you count Manaphy) and the fifth one has four (five if you count Zorua/Zoroark). The movies tend to be spread out with between half a year and a whole year between each, so unless they either slow down the plot or send out the movies at a faster rate than ever before (which would likely cause the quality of the movies to suffer) there's no way they will have enough time to cover all of the event Pokemon.

Blazenuva

I see Unova lasting about 120 episodes, fillers, evolutions, plots aside. Whatever filler arc that comes up will last a little over a year, mirroring Advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.